The Announcers Thread

One of the most annoying things Fox does, actually. They interview someone during green flag racing, and put the interview in a big box and the race in a small box. All while only having two pit reporters and requiring fans to follow Matt Weaver, Jordan Bianchi, Bob Pockrass and Jeff Gluck on Twitter to get technical and strategic updates.

Someone could be out of the race for an hour and Fox not even notice it. But check out that flashy, high tech, augmented reality studio they have for pre-race.

Whoever is calling the shots at Fox Sports needs to sit down in front of a smart TV with a notepad and watch a bunch of old NASCAR on Fox telecasts from 2001-2007 on YouTube.

Far too often, this season alone, the story on X (Twitter) after a race is how Fox dropped the ball.

And for the love of god, ZOOM OUT!

If I have to watch another side-by-side battle from someone's in car camera, I might actually pull my hair out of my head.
No one is making you watch the broadcast....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Outside of Clint sometimes and the beyond dumb comic book characters that Fox uses for driver pics, I haven’t found anything out of the ordinary to make me dislike Fox even more. It just is what is at this point, comes along as a viewing habit of watching this sport each week.

Some seem to work really hard at it. I've seen some new features on the broadcasts that I like. I can finally understand what the radio convo's are saying when they post readable conversations on the screen. Boyer is always selling Toyotas, but what the hell he owns a dealership. Nobody is full of fake drama or screaming like a 15 year old. I'm good.

the beyond dumb comic book characters that Fox uses

I don't know who thought it was a good idea and why they continue doing it every year, but that person needs to be fired. Additionally, anyone else at Fox who thinks it's a good idea should be fired too. I don't care if it's the CEO or the janitor. You like the cartoons? You're fired

I don't think the characters bother the younger fans. The whole broadcast isn't all for the older crowd.

It's my understanding from some of Mike Joy's tweets is Fox had a deal with whoever provided these graphics. They use the same ones for NFL games. If the NFL games don't have them this fall, they won't be around any more. If they're back, expect to see them one more year on their NASCAR coverage too. But yeah, they suck.

It's my understanding from some of Mike Joy's tweets is Fox had a deal with whoever provided these graphics. They use the same ones for NFL games. If the NFL games don't have them this fall, they won't be around any more. If they're back, expect to see them one more year on their NASCAR coverage too. But yeah, they suck.

I remember one of the drivers (Hamlin?) saying Fox told them the cartoon graphics would not return this year.

But will sit there all day and watch sponge Bob, and King of the hill.

What does that have to do with anything? I like pizza. That doesn't mean I would like a pizza flavored milkshake.

I don't hate cartoons. I hate goofy superhero-looking cartoon drawings of racecar drivers and football players instead of just showing a real picture of the person. It's corny as hell and completely unnecessary. Just because some clowns at Fox thought it was a good idea doesn't mean fans actually like it.

If the goofballs at Fox really think the cartoons are better than something like this, they need their heads examined....

Screenshot-2024-04-17-141034.jpg

In summary, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'll shut up about it now

I mean missing LaJoie flipping was bad...I mean I called it live that someone was upside down.
Would you be covering something for 18th when the leaders are coming to the line side by side?

We had to see Lajoie's in car feed on social media instead of on the broadcast.

A couple of their drone shots were pretty cool. The one on the restart for the final stage was excellent.

We had to see Lajoie's in car feed on social media instead of on the broadcast.

A couple of their drone shots were pretty cool. The one on the restart for the final stage was excellent.

Embarrassing when the race is on Fox and I have to go to NBC's Twitter feed to know what's going on.

There are multiple YouTube videos, just from the past few weeks alone, going into detail about how terrible the coverage is.

Embarrassing when the race is on Fox and I have to go to NBC's Twitter feed to know what's going on.

There are multiple YouTube videos, just from the past few weeks alone, going into detail about how terrible the coverage is.
The broadcast showed it on the replay

I had high hopes for Harvick, but either he isn't as good as I hoped, or Clint is just dragging him down. I'm not as critical of the announcers as many of you are, but several times lately I have said out loud "What the hell was THAT?" Even with all the excess NBC yammering, it comes off much smoother and polished than the Fox broadcast. Fox is starting to sound like three guys sitting on the couch watching the race and talking to the TV.

I had high hopes for Harvick, but either he isn't as good as I hoped, or Clint is just dragging him down. I'm not as critical of the announcers as many of you are, but several times lately I have said out loud "What the hell was THAT?" Even with all the excess NBC yammering, it comes off much smoother and polished than the Fox broadcast. Fox is starting to sound like three guys sitting on the couch watching the race and talking to the TV.
Bowyer and the camera work are the two things I have the biggest issue with. Commercials are nothing new and they don’t bother me. We’ve had this many for 2 decades. What we don’t need is half the race to be broadcast from bumper cams, in car cams and roof cams. We don’t need to see the driver’s eye color because the camera is so zoomed in. Bowyer saying a whole lot of nothing and not making any sense half the time is really annoying. Replace Bowyer with Larry Mac, and zoom out a bit and it would be fine.

Bowyer and the camera work are the two things I have the biggest issue with. Commercials are nothing new and they don’t bother me. We’ve had this many for 2 decades. What we don’t need is half the race to be broadcast from bumper cams, in car cams and roof cams. We don’t need to see the driver’s eye color because the camera is so zoomed in. Bowyer saying a whole lot of nothing and not making any sense half the time is really annoying. Replace Bowyer with Larry Mac, and zoom out a bit and it would be fine.

Bowyer adds absolutely nothing to the broadcast. There are times he'll ramble on and say nothing. They'd be better off going to a two-man booth.

Reactions: sdj
What does that have to do with anything? I like pizza. That doesn't mean I would like a pizza flavored milkshake.

I don't hate cartoons. I hate goofy superhero-looking cartoon drawings of racecar drivers and football players instead of just showing a real picture of the person. It's corny as hell and completely unnecessary. Just because some clowns at Fox thought it was a good idea doesn't mean fans actually like it.
Disney owns FOX. Maybe that is a reason for the caricatures...

What we don’t need is half the race to be broadcast from bumper cams, in car cams and roof cams. We don’t need to see the driver’s eye color because the camera is so zoomed in.
This. Of the litany of complaints I have with Fox's coverage, the poor selection of camera angles outweighs the rest.

Back
Top Bottom