The Christmas Thread

0cf47146-7207-47f5-b3b9-7f40ef305824_zps183456b0.jpg~original
My little tree, up and ready.

Alrighty, decided to get a live tree this year. It's been years since I've had a live tree. Get in truck go cruising for Christmas tree lots... not a tree in sight! Last time I bought one there as a lot on every corner.

FInally spotted trees, and 2 campers, couple of nice trucks and a fire going. Woot! My kind of place. Got it home, in the door, on the stand. When I released the lock on the stand so I could straighten't Whoa! was heavier than I thought. I almost lost it. If it crashed on my flat screen TV, I would be crying myself to sleep tonight.

Now I have a clean slate ready for the lights. See you in a couple of weeks when I'm done. I think I'm remembering why I've been using an artificial tree.

View attachment 15699
Cool Miss Pat!
That looks like a Douglas Fir to me.......

No matter........... any real tree is fantastic! :punkrocke

Got our tree and interior done. Exterior will be done today. Ugh. I hate hanging lights!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417862972840.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417862972840.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 184
And this is how you torture a 13 year old.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417863352768.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417863352768.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 196
Cool Miss Pat!
That looks like a Douglas Fir to me.......

No matter........... any real tree is fantastic! :punkrocke

I like them better for sure. But as I get older, hauling a 6-7' tree in the door gets more difficult.

Close on the tree. It's a Fraser Fir.

A throwback to the old place..........

Post anything you want that is Christmas related.......... recipes, memories, videos...........

And to kick it off for my friend KY.............

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Dang Sean.......... I just ran across this one!!!!!!! Thanks Buddy...... Now I can play it at both sites and REALLY piss the wife off....... she is really traditional on Christmas music and thinks this song is an abomination...... As you well know....... It's my favorite all time Christmas song ever....... :D

Dang Sean.......... I just ran across this one!!!!!!! Thanks Buddy...... Now I can play it at both sites and REALLY piss the wife off....... she is really traditional on Christmas music and thinks this song is an abomination...... As you well know....... It's my favorite all time Christmas song ever....... :D

Now I can play it at both sites and REALLY piss the wife off.....

Hahaha!!! Easy buddy! It's the Christmas season, after all. I'd never heard that song until you alerted me to it and it has become one of my favorites. Cheers!

Was watching the old Bob Geldof feel good tune from years ago and it got me thinking........

While "Feed the World" gives one the warm and fuzzies.....

"Do they know it's Christmas time at all?" gave me pause.......

Since Ethiopia was/is largely Muslim, I highly doubt they even gave a damn it was Christmas, let alone knew it was that time of the season........

I can't actually believe that the wife put a tree up as she Is going to Canada on the 19th but I guess since my mom is coming here from Vancouver on Friday she thought she should. It's only about 4 foot tall and fake bit looks nice

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418117283.553492.jpg

Reactions: Pat
I can't actually believe that the wife put a tree up as she Is going to Canada on the 19th but I guess since my mom is coming here from Vancouver on Friday she thought she should. It's only about 4 foot tall and fake bit looks nice

View attachment 15795

Looks nice! I think you almost have to have artificial if you are going to use bead garland.

A throwback to the old place..........

Post anything you want that is Christmas related.......... recipes, memories, videos...........

And to kick it off for my friend KY.............

<embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

It's beautiful Pat! I remember your last years xmas tree. . . .it was so pretty.

Thanks Aloha. :) I try to make it real Christmasy for the little ones in the family. They will all be here for dinner on Christmas Eve.

Thanks Aloha. :) I try to make it real Christmasy for the little ones in the family. They will all be here for dinner on Christmas Eve.

You're like me, I take pride in my Christmas tree being as perfect as possible. I'm also doing Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve, and then Christmas morning I'm going to my daughters house for breakfast, opening presents with my grandkids and just hanging out for the rest of the day. On Saturday, another Christmas dinner at my s-in-l's mom's home. It's called an extended Christmas. :)

You're like me, I take pride in my Christmas tree being as perfect as possible. I'm also doing Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve, and then Christmas morning I'm going to my daughters house for breakfast, opening presents with my grandkids and just hanging out for the rest of the day. On Saturday, another Christmas dinner at my s-in-l's mom's home. It's called an extended Christmas. :)

Extended Christmas looks like a lot of fun to me. I might go to one party before mine, but that is about it for me.

Share for Christmas....it will be here before you know it.....
PAULA DEEN'S 5 MINUTE FUDGE:
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 15 mins ...
Servings: 20-30
About This Recipe
"Paula Deen is a wonderful cook. She makes down home comfort food. Everything she makes is mouth watering. This fudge is very good and easy to make!"
Ingredients
1 2/3 cups white sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (6 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips
16 large marshmallows
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts
Direction
1.Combine sugar, milk, butter and salt in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2.Add in chocolate chips; cook until melted.
3.Remove from heat; stir in marshmallows, vanilla and nuts. Mix well.
4.Pour into a 8-inch pan.
Cool cut into squares

It's big enough to cook in...it's my room keeper warmer...no wooden logs, it's a gasser.

My younger daughter's high school band played this at their Christmas concert the other night.............. I though it was catchy with the circus music blended with Christmas stuff.........

Back
Top Bottom