The Clash

Assembly / preparation error at the shop. Exhaust gases exit the cylinder heads at approx. 1200 degrees F.

I hope the countless knee-jerk injuries suffered yesterday aren’t too serious.

I thought it was a pretty strange fire. Nascar had taken the bottom out of the boxes the pipes were in for this race. It make sense the fire was before the boxes with raw flames shooting out of the leak. Oil from the asphalt, rubber flakes and fire from the headers = roasted car.

And for anyone that wonders, the orange ring is made of copper/brass. Say take a 1/4" wide strip of thin copper sheet. "fold" it into a tube say foot long. Now roll that tube into a circle that's whatever size the flange is. When the two flanges are squeezed together by the vee-band clamp that "o-ring of sorts" gets compressed sealing the flanges. Theoretically. The copper o-ring is an addition to the normal v-band clamp.

1675629176450.png

Again, the ones I've inserted are WITHOUT the copper ring added. That ring should allow a bit more misalignment. Appreantly not enogh in this circumstance.

1675629309243.png

I’m thinking Bowman and Busch will be up at the front near the end.

How’s your knee?
Ain't gonna change my mind. Car is junk. Gonna get somebody burned bad before season is over. Not from the exhaust. From the stupid fuel cell location. Australian Supercar has the solution. But Nascar is being Sergeant Shultz.

Attachments

• I see nothing.gif
    I see nothing.gif
    256.1 KB · Views: 34
Ain't gonna change my mind. Car is junk. Gonna get somebody burned bad before season is over. Not from the exhaust. From the stupid fuel cell location. Australian Supercar has the solution. But Nascar is being Sergeant Shultz.

I wouldn’t dream of trying to change what you laughingly refer to as your mind.

The fact remains that yesterday, you arrived at a conclusion regarding the cause of the fire in the complete absence of a single, solitary fact.

The location of the fuel cell hasn’t changed in decades.

Tony is looking more like mafia mob boss as time goes by.

New NASCAR Game Show idea:

Whack-A-Ty Gibbs

Come on, we all know he's going to get into at least one fight this year, given his antics in the Xfinity Series last year

New NASCAR Game Show idea:

Whack-A-Ty Gibbs

Come on, we all know he's going to get into at least one fight this year, given his antics in the Xfinity Series last year
I'm definitely not a Ty fan but I have to imagine there was a very large effort on his end during the off-season to work toward changing that reputation

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The fix.

Attachments

• R (1).png
    R (1).png
    30.2 KB · Views: 34
I'm definitely not a Ty fan but I have to imagine there was a very large effort on his end during the off-season to work toward changing that reputation

He gets a mudhole stomped in his ass by week 10, me thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I haven't seen anything from the RFK cars so far

That 19 looked good yesterday in practice, and looks good today

Back
Top Bottom