The Confession thread.

I was never a Dale Sr. Fan, but damn I respected his driving.

Kinda the same with Kyle Busch, not my guy but damn what a wheel man.

I was/am a big Tony fan and I got the biggest charge out of him wrecking KDB in the All Star Race.

My guy now is Kurt Busch. What a twisted road his career has been. Losing his Penske ride for a tantrum looked like the end for him...but the redmeption story that has happened since made me a fan.

I like Stages too.

And even though I think the Roval will be a epic Sh*t show...I’ll DVR that one for prosperity.

Sometime around the late 70s during qualifying for a 200 lapper at Greenville Pickens a driver lost his brakes during qualifying. He didnt discover it until entering the highly congested pit area. Back then there was just a guard rail between the pit entrance wall that made up the front stretch wall to the exit, seperated by another guard rail on the other side.
There was no graceful exit like the track has now to blend in the cars exiting the pits.

There was no way he was going to get it stopped without hitting something. Max was on the P. A. calling out " heads up" in the pits, he probably saved some lives. The car almost made it to the pit exit but he finally ran into a car being worked on.
One of the guys got hurt.

Those pits and guard rails were dangerous. Through the years I saw two cars hit them and literally rip the car in two pieces along with flinging the motors up the front stretch.

I went through a stage were I turned my head when they entered the pits, I was to afraid.

I've only ever been to one local short track race, and I didn't enjoy it at all

I like the Chase, but still don't like the one race for a championship format. Make the playoffs 12 races in four three race segments

- I like the stages.
- Pocono is one of my favorite tracks in NASCAR.
- One of my favorite finishes of all time is Dale Earnhardt getting a taste of what made him famous as a race car driver, 2000 Pocono 500.
- Joey Logano gets a lot of undeserved hate, even though I don't like him.

I was never a Dale Sr. Fan, but damn I respected his driving.

Kinda the same with Kyle Busch, not my guy but damn what a wheel man.

I was/am a big Tony fan and I got the biggest charge out of him wrecking KDB in the All Star Race.

My guy now is Kurt Busch. What a twisted road his career has been. Losing his Penske ride for a tantrum looked like the end for him...but the redmeption story that has happened since made me a fan.

I like Stages too.

And even though I think the Roval will be a epic Sh*t show...I’ll DVR that one for prosperity.
It was so great to see him win the other night.
I'm enjoying this riveting battle between "The Big 3".
Me too, man. They deserve the rewards they are reaping.

It seems that most everyone likes stages, so it isn't much of a confession. I confess that I feel exactly the same way about them as the day they were announced. They are total hogwash. Better than phony debris cautions? Sure. Necessary or beneficial? No way.

I haven't watched more than 10 laps of a plate race for over a decade.

I'm one of the few who want Indy on the schedule as it is (except with higher power ideally).

I am not as against the concept of most events being shortened by 20-25% as most are. I don't need them to be shortened, but wouldn't object either.

I too miss IROC, good call Bobby.

Bless me father for I have sinned.

I didn't tip the bathroom attendant after the fourth time I went to pee even though he was doing a good job.

I bought track beer even though I could have brought in all I wanted.

I left a bag of garbage in the lot. I was told to leave it if it was recyclable. There comes a point where everything is judged recyclable.

It has been 26 years since my last confession.

I said my son was 12 when he was 13 so I could save twenty bucks.

I took ice from a food stand for my own purposes when no one was looking.

I rooted for a wreck for selfish reasons.

For these and all my sins, I am sorry. Somewhat.

Maybe not for YOU, but for me it was like taking a prostitute to the church picnic. After every race weekend I felt like I needed to go to confession. I felt like a huge hypocrite the whole time.
I get where you're coming from. Never forget rolling into my dad's driveway in 1986 with my brand new T-Bird turbo coupe, he about disowned me until I flipped the keys to him and said go take it for a drive for a few hours. He came back with a grin on his face. Growing up I had nothing but Camaros, we restored a 69 hardtop, put a new engine in a 69 rag top and I had some awesome memories of cars and my father working on chevies.

I LOVE my Lincoln Town Car. Sadly, they quit making them, so I'll hang on to this one (2010) for as long as the mechanics can keep it running.
Probably the only Town Car with a NASCAR sticker on the back window. :D
Nah, my father had a Crown Vic with a Dale Jarrett '88' decal.

I am vanilla not sure if I can do this...... I will try.....

... I hated "Days of Thunder" it was a stupid dumbaz movie. If they made one with Tom Cruise/ Cole Trickle getting the evah, loving- shiet beat out of him, I would pay $50 to watch it.

I seriously question the intelligence of any damn fool that enjoyed the garbage.
And Talladega Nights really wasn't all that funny.

I LOVE my Lincoln Town Car. Sadly, they quit making them, so I'll hang on to this one (2010) for as long as the mechanics can keep it running.
Probably the only Town Car with a NASCAR sticker on the back window. :D
My 86 Town Car had lots of stickers and many had 3's in them. Yup it was black and had "Goodwrench" on the bumper. :D

• I have become a casual fan. I used to an ardent fan but now I miss most races and have to look up the weekend schedule on the days when I have nothing else to do other than watch the race. When JG was driving I watched every practice and qualifying session and watched every race in the top 3 series. Also, I have stopped attending races.
  • I don't care about manufacturers at all
  • I enjoy any and all drama created during a race and don't really care who wins
  • I like The Playoffs
  • I like the Stages
  • I am more interested in F1 than NASCAR

When Days of Thunder came out on VHS my brother and I wore out two tapes watching it, most parts we would turn off the sound and say the words ourselves.

I'm like a little kid in a free candy shop when I got to races
example: at Talladega a few years ago I signed up at the Chevy exhibit 14 times to get 14 Chevy shirts

I root for Chevys but drive Fords and Chryslers.

I LOVE stage racing.

I dont follow the points.

I like D.W. Just not in the booth.

I cant stand Mikey or the moron on NBC that acts the fool. (sorry, cant think of his name)

I once kind of snuck in to the Michigan pit area with a Pocono pass and a Big Apple Markets jacket. Took a leak between Lake Speed and Brett Bodine LOL
I became more than a very casual fan once again after Ryan Blaney moved up.
If he leaves for any reason I will become a very casual fan again unless the new management finds the formula that has been lost.

Reactions: Pat
okay here goes
1.) The Brickyard 400 is one of the 3 races I look forward to each year ( Southern 500 and Bristol Night race are the others. The Daytona 500 goes w/o saying, its a holiday in my house.)
2.) I enjoy both Michigan races
3.) I hate and actively root against Toyota/TRD. Especially JGR
4.) There's some posters on here who I wish I could set douse with gasoline and set on fire. They will remain nameless.
5.) I hate The Chase, Playoffs/ Stages
6.) I miss the racing at Wilkesboro, The Rock and... the 2nd Fontana night race.
7.) I've never been to a local short track to watch a race
8.) Kyle Busch greatly entertains me, is one of my favorite drivers and if it werent for him I'd try to watch races in an hour or so via DVR.
9.) I miss watching Dale Earnhardt, Dale Jr, Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin, Bobby Labonte, Dale Jarrett and Robby Gordon race each week.
10.) I've longed for more races in the South, its a travesty Atlanta cant get a spring time day race and a late summer early fall night race.
11.) I Miss Cheering for Jeff Gordon every Sunday, theres been a huge void for me since he retired. My NASCAR fandom hasnt been the same.
12. I want to like the young guns...... but besides Chase and Willy B I dont find any of them likable ( I was happy for Erik Jones at Daytona though) . I now cheer for the old guys like Harvick, JJ and younger veterans like KDB
13.) I found the Winston Million and then later the Winston No Bull 5 so damn exciting.
14.) I've had GREAT fun posting here in the last year since I joined.

Last edited:
I have snarked Micheal Waltrip many times. He gets jokes insinuating he is a lackey. I would not miss him if he left the booth. In fact I thought he was funny before the TV over exposure.

But old MW back in the day could have kicked most of his critics in the ass. He raced when the cars killed, he ran marathons, thats more than most will ever do.
If you are not happy with the MW persona, blame Fox. In my very long and varied dating career, I have dated more than one television presenter. (Names withheld to protect the innocent). They are instructed by their networks as to deportment, attitude, script and general demeanor. To keep their jobs, they comply. Personally, as I have posted before, I find Mikey hot and would jump his bones in a minutes.

(Did I say innocent? They were as innocent as wolves. But that's a story for another day).

My confession is that I like the stages..

I stopped watching when they were racing open wheel style. This gimmick has them racing stock cars, and me watching, again. I'm just happy that The Brain thought of it before he went all Bud Light - Oxycodone on us. ;)

Back
Top Bottom