The Confession thread.

I have owned a Ford even though my dad was a Chevrolet mechanic his entire life and would probably have disowned me if he was alive.
I miss Thursday night Thunder .
I miss our local 1/2 mile sprint car track.
I miss watching NASCAR on ESPN from the 80s.
I can't pull for any driver in any make but a Chevrolet.
I raced motocross in the 80s and boy was it a blast!
I watch anything car related over anything except OU football.
I need help with my racing problem.

Who or what was Melrose Mafia; when did he, she, or it die; and what did he / it have to do with racing?

I'm content with the TV announcers for both networks, and generally enjoy Rick Allen's enthusiasm.

Watkins Glen was a rare exception where the announcers annoyed me.

I actively root against Kyle Busch no matter what race...crucify me...:D

I root against Kyle Busch, even if I start him in my racing league that week.

I would also like to add....I find 3 songs of Florida Georgia Line to be enjoyable. Gosh I’m going to country music hell. I too also find the Big 3 pretty damn cool, more of those guys duking it out over the last 12 weeks

This is my most favorite thread since I joined here.
I (surprisingly) like stage racing, more than I thought I would.
I think the Ford Thunderbird is still the best looking stock car to ever race NASCAR, followed closely by the mid 80s Monte Carlo.
It hurts deep down inside knowing that Mark Martin never won a Cup or 3.
This one might sting, but I believe that Tony Stewart is a freaking sociopath. And that's coming from a guy who doesn't think "the incident" was his fault.

I think the Ford Thunderbird is still the best looking stock car to ever race NASCAR, followed closely by the mid 80s Monte Carlo.
This one might sting, but I believe that Tony Stewart is a freaking sociopath. And that's coming from a guy who doesn't think "the incident" was his fault.
A sociopath would have a much better grip on there emotions than Tony does.

Other than for the Daytona 500, I never watch qualifying. And it has nothing to do with the new format, I almost never watched single car quals either.

I think he and Carl were brothers....2 nuts from the same tree.

After being initially skeptical, I have grown to REALLY like the current qualifying format. I NEVER watch qualifying at a plate track though. That's like watching paint dry.

Group qualifying at plate tracks was the best thing to ever happen to qualifying, but no people had to whine until it went away.

Group qualifying at plate tracks was the best thing to ever happen to qualifying, but no people had to whine until it went away.

Might be more entertaining, but Clint Bowyer says it best:

Reactions: sdj
the pinty's series is everything NASCAR used to be and more only thing is it's hard to spell some of their names

• I despised Hendrick Motorsports when I was a Jeff Burton fan in the 90s and now feel incredibly dirty rooting for them with Chase.
  • Stroker Ace is and always will be the best NASCAR themed movie. (Disclaimer: I have not seen Logan Lucky so sample base is incomplete.)
  • Being a Bill Elliott fan as a kid in the 80s, I despised Dale Earnhardt. It wasn't until after his untimely passing that I grew to respect his immense talent.

I want to strangle anyone who refers to an engine as a 'motor'.
No wonder the bleachers are half empty... Charlie has done killed 'em off..:oops:

Seriously, in every pit and every race shop I have been in, the term "motor" is heard far more often than "engine" in casual conversation. I have heard one other person who objected to the colloquial usage, but he was a racing poseur with a cob up his @ss... and I know Charlie isn't that, so I hope he will explain his reasons.

No wonder the bleachers are half empty... Charlie has done killed 'em off..:oops:

Seriously, in every pit and every race shop I have been in, the term "motor" is heard far more often than "engine" in casual conversation. I have heard one other person who objected to the colloquial usage, but he was a racing poseur with a cob up his @ss... and I know Charlie isn't that, so I hope he will explain his reasons.
Simple. I'm a racing poseur with a cob up.

In a technical sport, it's about as technically inaccurate as possible. You don't hear 'We cut down a wheel' or references to carburetors. Geez, it's not like being correct is harder; they're both two-syllable words.
Even when the motor dun blowed up?
ESPECIALLY when 'the motor dun blowed up'. To reference @FenderBumper 's joke, there actually is at least one motor under the hood but it's pretty darn rare for any of them to blow up and stop the car.

Use of the word is an abomination unto the sight of The Lord and shalt not be abided. Now, if you'll excuse me, Lowes is have a big sale on gloves and rope.

Simple. I'm a racing poseur with a cob up.

In a technical sport, it's about as technically inaccurate as possible. You don't hear 'We cut down a wheel' or references to carburetors. Geez, it's not like being correct is harder; they're both two-syllable words.

ESPECIALLY when 'the motor dun blowed up'. To reference @FenderBumper 's joke, there actually is at least one motor under the hood but it's pretty darn rare for any of them to blow up and stop the car.

Use of the word is an abomination unto the sight of The Lord and shalt not be abided. Now, if you'll excuse me, Lowes is have a big sale on gloves and rope.
Ford Motor Company, General Motors...:p

@BobbyFord , @Charlie Spencer

2h27kg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom