The Food thread

IMG_0062.jpg
They look awesome!

Friday evening we had steamed jumbo shrimp fresh off of the boat, grilled fresh scamp grouper, grilled fresh picked sweet corn in the husk and buttered golden potatoes. Just damn. And to make it even better we used the left over shrimp and grouper to make a seafood salad for dinner last night. Life is good.

I got a smoker for Christmas this year. I hate to brag, but I'm getting good with it
FB_IMG_1468999083252.jpg
FB_IMG_1468999076600.jpg
FB_IMG_1468999114442.jpg
. The pork tenderloin is my specialty. I've had a friend at work ask me to cater her daughters wedding after trying it.

Ever heard of taco in a bag? You crush up a single-serve bag of Doritos and add taco meat and your favorite toppings. Delicious. I use a bowl for less mess.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1469245981.615522.jpg

Corona to wash it down :D

For those sausage lovers on here.

http://www.kelleyfoods.com/

If you like smoked pork sausage, this is the best I have ever had, so far. I have it UPS'd to my house and the per pound price including shipping is less than the per pound at the local market. I get 12 one pound packs at a time.

The flavor is awesome, off the grill, well, it will make your tongue slap your teeth outa your mouth.:D

This was an experiment that turned out well.
Giant portabella cap filled with sun dried tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, couple of sliced black olives, garlic, basil, oregano, dash of bread crumbs, grated parmesan, mozzarella...and baked

Awesome Fish Tacos.
Just made this Bobby Flay recipe tonight, minus the tomato purée salsa. I used cod instead of Mahi Mahi.
For toppers, I added sliced avocado, made a mix of sour cream and a bit of pico pica hot sauce, roasted pepper salsa, mix of finely diced green onion and cilantro. Fresh squeezed lime.
Also, I added a bit of cumin to the marinade, used olive oil instead of canola, diced Serrano instead of jalapeño. I used corn tortillas instead of flour (roll the tortillas in tin foil and place in a 350 oven for about 5 minutes.)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/fish-tacos-recipe.html

I recommend one of these for grilling fish...

http://store.weber.com/accessories/category/cook/tools-and-grillware/1414

Sausage/kielbasa/hotdog labor day cookout :D

View attachment 20776
I did something similar for a recent game night. Grilled a variety of brats (smoked, cheese, jalapeno, wild rice, maple); I cut them into quarters and piled them on a plate so everyone could try the different kinds. Cut the buns (meat holders) into quarters too.

I did something similar for a recent game night. Grilled a variety of brats (smoked, cheese, jalapeno, wild rice, maple); I cut them into quarters and piled them on a plate so everyone could try the different kinds. Cut the buns (meat holders) into quarters too.
Finger food :)

2ffdad0fd73939dc560a5f698b2bfd75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I just made a phone call to Muzza's and turned your ass in. They're gonna send the Huks after you. :mad::mad::p
Here's the phone number. +64 9-846 2355

I just made a phone call to Muzza's and turned your ass in. They're gonna send the Huks after you. :mad::mad::p
Lol I'm still committed to eating Muzza's pies.....they really are the best but I was at work and aren't spoiled for choice at the airport. :)

I just drove by Muzza's on the way home from work. You even got the phone number right. Lol

3008c3fbae75bc4d2444e583e93d956c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom