The Food thread

Was in Italy on business last week and the food was to say the least was excellent, below is a steak prepared over wood coals, fresh potatoes, grilled peppers along with 3 other cuts of meat, delicious. The fresh breads and pasta's, especially the tortellini's and ravioli's were out of this world.

Meal in Italy 11-8-16.jpg

In Rochester, NY there is a famous dish known as a garbage plate. Hotdog, Mac salad, homefries, and chili smothered with ketchup, mustard, onions, and hot sauce (there are a lot of variations, but that's what I got). This was amazing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1479337339.414943.jpg

I'm going to order a giant pizza and run a bead of sriracha down the center of each slice, fold and scarf.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdj
Thai green curry chicken last night.
I guess I'm having it again tonight but that's ok because I like it!

189ff8118f72dcc4ffa211381c71293b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

used to go there way back before I got married, ordered a burger and fries and ended up eating a dirty blonde,,go figure.

I'm sitting here watching Triple D and realized that even though I really, really love good food there is a lot of food that I don't like...
Duck anything
Basil pesto
Mussels
Elk
Deer
Goat
Lamb
Tempura anything (hate tempura batter)
Tofu
Mango salsa
Cake
Cookies
Pie
Sweet potatoes or yams
Pancakes
Waffles
Sushi
Lobster
Oysters
Aioli (incredibly overrated)
Plantains
Poached eggs
Chipotle
Hawaiian pizza
I know there's more.....

I'm sitting here watching Triple D and realized that even though I really, really love good food there is a lot of food that I don't like...
Duck anything
Basil pesto
Mussels
Elk
Deer
Goat
Lamb
Tofu
Mango salsa
Cake
Cookies
Pie
Sweet potatoes or yams
Pancakes
Waffles
Sushi
Lobster
Oysters
Plantains
Poached eggs
Chipotle
Hawaiian pizza
I know there's more.....
I agree with most everything there. Except Muzza's pies! :D

...and Lamb

Duck anything
Basil pesto
Mussels
Elk
Deer
Goat
Lamb
Tofu
Mango salsa
Cake
Cookies
Pie
Sweet potatoes or yams
Pancakes
Waffles
Sushi
Lobster
Oysters
Plantains
Poached eggs
Chipotle
Hawaiian pizza
I know there's more.....

I'm with you on tofu, yams, and tempura. Never had goat. The rest is awesome :D

All good in my book
Mussels, steamers
Deer
Cake
Cookies
Pie
Pancakes
Waffles
Lobster, blue claw and rock crabs
Oysters, hard shell clams, aka quahogs, on the half shell
Poached eggs
Chipotle

Just being a good boy with my Subway salad for lunch before I hit the Mexican restaurant for a killer dinner in a couple of hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

So I'm a type 2 diabetic and long story short due to focusing all my attention on my wife's health issues and not my own I put myself in the hospital about a week and a half ago where I nearly died from diabetic ketoacidoses. Needless to say I want to live to see 30 so I've been working on teaching myself to cook more while my wife is stuck in the hospital and just cause I like it. I'm just not the fastest prepper. So these are 2 of my dishes this week.

First is a beef and broccoli stir fry with peppers.

Tonight I made a shrimp, broccoli and mushroom stir fry which was amazing.

unfortunately the site won't let me upload the pictures right now.

So I'm a type 2 diabetic and long story short due to focusing all my attention on my wife's health issues and not my own I put myself in the hospital about a week and a half ago where I nearly died from diabetic ketoacidoses. Needless to say I want to live to see 30 so I've been working on teaching myself to cook more while my wife is stuck in the hospital and just cause I like it. I'm just not the fastest prepper. So these are 2 of my dishes this week.

Dude, I absolutely love a good stir-fry! I like to sautee yellow squash and zucchini in just a little bit of butter or margarine and a dash of salt and add it to my stir-fry and let the flavors blend with about five minutes left.

I love stir fry. The problem is my stove doesn't have the BTUs to run a wok.
Most Asian households have a large propane burner outside. Adequate BTUs and keeps the spatter mess out of the house.
I love Mongolian beef.
@kkfan91 take a little time for yourself and get well. Good luck.

Last edited:
I love stir fry. The problem is my stove doesn't have the BTUs to run a wok.
Most Asian households have a large propane burner outside. Adequate BTUs and keeps the spatter mess out of the house.
I love Mongolian beef.
@kkfan91 take a little time for yourself and get well. Good luck.
Thank you

I've been so occupied with this damn bathroom renovation that my diet has suffered.
Chicken breast stuffed with spinach (spinach, minced garlic, thinly sliced Vidalia onion, basil, oregano, thyme,) Boar's Head Prosciutto di Parma, shaved parmesan and fontina cheeses with broth & lemon sauce. Steamed broccoli, long grain & wild rice.

I am really digging my McDonald's oatmeal this morning. It really is hard to believe that this stuff comes from that place. It has fresh apples, raisins, and cranberries in it. It's really pretty awesome. It's like a nice warm hug for your tummy.

Now that is how you do a grilled chicken salad like a man!
7cb62276d23d468888299cd64023650b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom