The Food thread

Clutch

Team Owner
I know many of us LOVE good food so how about showing us what you are about to bite into.

This morning the missus was even hungrier than I and sent me to the store for spuds and onions to make some has with the corned beef
If I had to pick only one food to eat the rest of my days it would be pizza.
IMG_5706.JPG

Too early for food today, the wife cooked these stuffed flounders for us at the Eldora truck race last year.

9352447541_659aedc6ec_z.jpg

Bacon is good.
Been eating a lot of turkey bacon lately...Apparently its better for my figure. :D

I just finished eating an awesome steak at the Big Texan in Amarillo.
My wife is originally from Pampa and we eat at the Big Texan every time we go to visit her family but I've had more sense than to tackle the 72 oz monster, I'm satisfied with the bone in rib eye.

Bar none, the best sub sandwich on the planet. Family owned sub shop that I've been going to since 1990.
This sandwich is called the Mama Mia. 50% more meat than their regular Italian cold cut sandwich including,
Home-made Italian Avocado Spread, Capicolla, Mortadella, Cotto Salami, Dry Salami, Bologna, Xtra Provolone, Mustard, Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Olives, Mild Peppers, Onions, Diced Pickles, Salt, Black Pepper, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Oregano & Grated Parmesan.
There's a penny below the sandwich for reference.

Bar none, the best sub sandwich on the planet. Family owned sub shop that I've been going to since 1990.
This sandwich is called the Mama Mia. 50% more meat than their regular Italian cold cut sandwich including,
Home-made Italian Avocado Spread, Capicolla, Mortadella, Cotto Salami, Dry Salami, Bologna, Xtra Provolone, Mustard, Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato, Olives, Mild Peppers, Onions, Diced Pickles, Salt, Black Pepper, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Oregano & Grated Parmesan.
I gained 5 pounds just lookin at the picture.

That does look good. I am a sub sandwich nut.

I have a huge craving for the best Stromboli around. I wish I could find some closer. The only good one I've found is about a 30 minute drive or maybe a little more away. That's along way to go for a meal. but, it is a pretty incredible meal. I got hooked on their Stromboli when their original restaurant was a few doors down from where I worked in downtown Akron years ago. It burned down shortly thereafter and they never rebuilt. This one is in downtown Canton. Come to think of it Breathoflife might be not that far from there. It's called Napoli's.

Stromboli....I had to look it up
Dam...it looks good ....like a folded over pizza.

stromboli.jpg

The house smelled good when I came home today.
2-1/2 lb. cow chunk in the crock pot with half an onion for 8 hours on low. I like a cross-rib chuck cut. The potatoes and vegetables were steamed separately and added when I got home. A little bread, for dippin'...

The house smelled good when I came home today.
2-1/2 lb. cow chunk in the crock pot with half an onion for 8 hours on low. I like a cross-rib chuck cut. The potatoes and vegetables were steamed separately and added when I got home. A little bread, for dippin'...
Just a little? A half a loaf maybe. :D

Just a little? A half a loaf maybe. :D
Ain't that the truth. Bread is awesome.
When I cook Italian, I always have a saucer with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, a couple cloves of pressed garlic, basil & oregano for dipping with fresh sourdough.
Bread is very under rated.

About a hundred years ago the Italian grandmother of a girlfriend told me about getting a large pod of "Fresh" garlic, cut the top off of the pod to expose the ends of the bare cloves, pour good olive oil onto the cloves until they are soaked down through and through, lightly salt with sea salt and cup in tinfoil and bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes. Damn good on bread, steak or just about anything you want to put them on.

About a hundred years ago the Italian grandmother of a girlfriend told me about getting a large pod of "Fresh" garlic, cut the top off of the pod to expose the ends of the bare cloves, pour good olive oil onto the cloves until they are soaked down through and through, lightly salt with sea salt and cup in tinfoil and bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes. Damn good on bread, steak or just about anything you want to put them on.
Absolutely. I've done it before. It makes spreadable mush out of it. The olive oil and the heat takes the hard garlic flavor out of it.
The same works for an onion. My dad used to do it with a Vidalia & butter when we were BBQing steaks. You could peel and eat the soft, sweet onion. Brings back some good memories :)

Good lord that looks good but I think it just gave me heartburn. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom