The Games of the XXXI Olympiad

US men's basketball came perilously close to breaking their winning streak yet again.

ledeckyparents.jpg

Ledecky's parents?

I just went back and watched some of their routines since I didn't get to see them live. Simone Biles is a beast. :cool:

None of us get to see them live. NBC runs everything taped delay and still call it live for some reason.

None of us get to see them live. NBC runs everything taped delay and still call it live for some reason.

NBC's had everything live on the NBC Sports app.

The first night of swimming, they said they were "Live from the Aquatics Center" and they weren't. Think they got a lot of backlash and have been live ever since.

NBC's had everything live on the NBC Sports app.

The first night of swimming, they said they were "Live from the Aquatics Center" and they weren't. Think they got a lot of backlash and have been live ever since.

Yeah but that doesn't really count. You can find other streams online that are also live. Like BBC for example.

Besides watching something on your phone is kind of lame. These things are meant to be watched on TV.

Yeah but that doesn't really count. You can find other streams online that are also live. Like BBC for example.

Besides watching something on your phone is kind of lame. These things are meant to be watched on TV.

I have the NBC Sports app on my TV. :idunno:

Mobile is the future, homie - the present, really. I prefer to watch stuff on my Kindle Fire. If I didn't have that, I'd be using my phone. Turning on the TV is always my last resort.

I think I'm pulling for Tori Bowie in track and field, but English Gardner is from Jersey - from my coworker's hometown, Voorhees.

I'm sure that Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce or Elaine Thompson will take the gold tonight, though.

Okay, after seeing Pernille Blume's emotional reaction after winning the women's 50m free, I'm pretty stoked for her. Nice. :)

If Tori Bowie or English Gardner can't win this 100m final, I wouldn't mind seeing Fraser-Pryce do it and complete the golden trifecta. The commentators say that this is Elaine Thompson's race to lose, though.

...and it was her race to lose. Shocker. Tori got the silver, though! :)

The American girls just won the gold in the 4x100m medley relay, as expected. Time for Michael Phelps's last Olympic race.

Well, one of the most dominant athletes in any sport, in any era, just finished his career with another gold. I consider myself lucky to have watched him over the last 12 years.

Back
Top Bottom