The latest Twitter war

From the House of cheating Pope Gibbs:

"STFU"

===

Thanks Pious Joe...

But what do ya expect from a foreign car lover.
Apparently that's the majority of America now. In August, GM, Ford, and Chrysler had a combined 44.3% of new car sales market share, which means 55.7% of Americans opted for those no good furrin' cars instead. Not like the 50's and 60's when GM alone had like 60% of the market.

I could understand Brad if the Toyota's were so much better than the rest of the field but they are not. The only really dominant Toyota's have been 78,18, and 11 and I believe that the drivers have more to do with that than the cars. Of the 6 Gibbs/FRR Toyotas only 4 made the playoffs with the two rookies missing and Kenseth barely made it in. To compare that's is no different than HMS having three cars in and Larson in his equipment being the dominant Chevy. It's Ford that is behind both and not just Toyota and goes alot further than the car and rules, Toyota came into the sport with a plan and executed it. They looked at Chevy teams and the infrastructure they had in place and mimiked it while also making it their own. Ford to me has always seemed to be content running second fiddle to Chevy but not to keen on being behind Toyota or even Dodge beforehand. They just need to get to work and please replace that ugly car.

When Nascar played off the "broken" wind tunnel at Michigan with a joke and gave themselves credit for spreading the rumor? They haven't tested the cars in the wind tunnel all year. Nascar normally tests the cars before going into the playoffs that raised a red flag with me. Who knows these days if it was really "out of service" or wasn't scheduled in the first place. Nascar has neglected to find another wind tunnel if it was really broken in the first place. Doesn't make sense to make sweeping aero changes to one brand and it obviously slowed them down and not test another manufacturer using their brand new front end this year. Doesn't look professional at all in this day and time
Theory is that Toyota's new body has front air dams that add more mechanical grip. Its a big reason why Chevy's 2018 Camaro also has similar front air dams.

Theory is that Toyota's new body has front air dams that add more mechanical grip. Its a big reason why Chevy's 2018 Camaro also has similar front air dams.

the hood with the raised sides, raised sides on the fenders also. Third front end in 4 years for the Toyota and Nascar hasn't checked it's numbers in a wind tunnel all year. It isn't just down force but also more side force that doesn't show up in a frontal wind tunnel. I am not that optimistic about the Chevy, it's an improvement to a really old design so they will be better but nothing like the Toyota's have IMO.
Good article about it here: http://buildingspeed.org/blog/2017/01/20/will-toyotas-new-nose-change-the-cup-series-balance/

Kez talking about back in the 70's? was it any coincidence that Toyota introduced their Nascar body at the same time they introduced their 4 door Camry? Manufacturers have been designing street cars for a Nascar advantage for years. Not 70's but 69 Ford for an example.
Regular Ford Torino front end
8993974-1969-ford-torino-thumb-c.jpg

Special front end Ford Torino Talladega

174760_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Kez talking about back in the 70's? was it any coincidence that Toyota introduced their Nascar body at the same time they introduced their 4 door Camry? Manufacturers have been designing street cars for a Nascar advantage for years. Not 70's but 69 Ford for an example.
Regular Ford Torino front end
8993974-1969-ford-torino-thumb-c.jpg

Special front end Ford Torino Talladega

174760_Front_3-4_Web.jpg
My dad had a '69 GT with a 390 when I was a kid, that was a badass car.

I woundn't expect anything differnent from you. But what do ya expect from a foreign car lover. Keep drinking that toyoder kool aid.
I love foreign cars too, just wanted to remind you.

I could understand Brad if the Toyota's were so much better than the rest of the field but they are not. The only really dominant Toyota's have been 78,18, and 11 and I believe that the drivers have more to do with that than the cars. Of the 6 Gibbs/FRR Toyotas only 4 made the playoffs with the two rookies missing and Kenseth barely made it in. To compare that's is no different than HMS having three cars in and Larson in his equipment being the dominant Chevy. It's Ford that is behind both and not just Toyota and goes alot further than the car and rules, Toyota came into the sport with a plan and executed it. They looked at Chevy teams and the infrastructure they had in place and mimiked it while also making it their own. Ford to me has always seemed to be content running second fiddle to Chevy but not to keen on being behind Toyota or even Dodge beforehand. They just need to get to work and please replace that ugly car.
I believe Ford gave to much to RFR and they didn't use it to by speed. Ford went to last place in the 4 Manufacturers. Moved up to 3rd when Dodge left.

The 428 Super Cobra Jet in those Torinos was rated @ 335hp. Yeah....right :rolleyes:
If I am not mistaken....... the 428's were 335 h.p. the Super Cobra Jets were 360..... both underrated..... I had a 428 Super Cobra jet engine and didn't even know it until I decided to rebuild it..... when I took the oil pan off...... it had the 12 point Lemans rod bolts..... this was almost 40 years ago.......... I was a young kid....... at the time didn't really appreciate what I had....... at the time...... all this stuff was a dime a dozen on the used car lots.........

Prior to 1972 engine HP ratings were whatever the manufacturer said they were. It was done to make insurance easier to get.
Oh yes, many times if I am not mistaken the numbers were not even close to what the actual HP rating was.

Prior to 1972 engine HP ratings were whatever the manufacturer said they were. It was done to make insurance easier to get.
Not only insurance. The NHRA played a big part in it as well.

If I am not mistaken....... the 428's were 335 h.p. the Super Cobra Jets were 360..... both underrated..... I had a 428 Super Cobra jet engine and didn't even know it until I decided to rebuild it..... when I took the oil pan off...... it had the 12 point Lemans rod bolts..... this was almost 40 years ago.......... I was a young kid....... at the time didn't really appreciate what I had....... at the time...... all this stuff was a dime a dozen on the used car lots.........

"An elegant weapon from a more civilized age"

Well yes and no. Usually what GM did was rate the horsepower at some ridiculously low RPM number, nowhere near peak. They weren't actually lying, just not telling the whole truth. One of the hot small block Chevys was rated at 4800 RPM, about 2000 RPM below what the motor actually was capable of.

You did see that Dale Jarret stated that Toyota does have an advantage. He did it in a much nicer way than Brad, but he did state that they have an advantage. Of course, watching the race yesterday kind of let us all know that.

My issue is not so much that Toyota has an advantage, it's that in the past, the opponents would have some avenues available to try to overcome the deficit. Now, NASCAR has them in such an incredibly tight box, there is little that can be done. Couple that with NASCAR's near complete refusal to make competition adjustments during the season, sort of means that if somebody gets something better than what you can have, you are pretty much stuck with it ALL year. It's sort of the way Indycar was back in the day when everybody came out with a new chassis every year. If your team bought a March or Penske chassis, and the Lola was the hot setup that season, your season was almost toast before it started. Only a few teams like Penske could afford to and had the resources to dump one car and go with something else during the season and have it work. Roger did it more than once when his own chassis didn't prove up to the task.

You did see that Dale Jarret stated that Toyota does have an advantage. He did it in a much nicer way than Brad, but he did state that they have an advantage. Of course, watching the race yesterday kind of let us all know that.

I didn't watch the video and so all I know about DJ's comments is when he said: “I think Toyota has an advantage. Was it something they were given? No. Is it unfair? No. They worked extremely hard to make all of this happen.”

I don't follow the series close enough to comment on which manufacturer may have an advantage but I know it is normal for one manufacturer or team to excel and then the others catch up.

Well I know that I ALWAYS wait to see what Kyle Petty thinks about something before I form an opinion. :sarcasm:

BKez can keep running his mouth or be quiet as it is all the same to me but I thought Petty had a good point about his incessant bitching concerning Toyota as it could be seen as whining. Personally I think he should worry about himself and his own race team and not concern himself with others.

Whose theory? Whose?! BTW--Wouldn't air dams be aero? Never mind. Dear God.

Jesus, of course they have an advantage! Nobody is arguing that. They ****** earned it. Now, it's Chevy and Ford's job to earn it. WTF! This is unreal. The context of his comments was much the same as mine here BTW. OMG.

My issue is not so much that Toyota has an advantage, it's that in the past, the opponents would have some avenues available to try to overcome the deficit.

I agree, but screw that. Toyota had an avenue to get fast--nobody handed them anything. Now, Chevy and Ford have to find their own avenue. That is sport.

I agree, but screw that. Toyota had an avenue to get fast--nobody handed them anything. Now, Chevy and Ford have to find their own avenue. That is sport.

I would agree with you if Chevy and Ford could come out with a new nose during the season to counter the Toyota's, but they CAN'T. NASCAR's stated goal has been to make the car as equal as possible, right or wrong. My guess is either by luck or design, Toyota ended up with a new part that perhaps was a little farther outside of the box than NASCAR would have desired and understood at the time. That's OK, I don't have a big issue with that, but when you have taken away nearly every avenue the competition has to trying to catch up, it becomes a problem. If Chevy comes up with a better body next year and smokes the Toyotas and Fords, will the message be " get over it, your 2108 season is a waste, better luck in 2019? ?

Back
Top Bottom