The latest Twitter war

That isn't the way it works in Nascar. The cars are made as similar as possible in the wind tunnel off season. Changes are made to make it so. A second check is done after Michigan. Besides sweeping changes to the cars this year with splitters and rear spoilers, a new front end for the Toyota, they haven't checked them again after Michigan. It is what it is, another Nascar inconsistency. They did this twice last year Nada this year.
https://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-m...nascar-inspection-post-pocono-evaluation.html

I haven't heard anything from Jim Campbell or Dave Pericek on this. Nothing.

I say they take all the cars to a wind tunnel and PUBLISH the results AND the engineering analysis for each car.

They already did, and the Chevy and Ford guys who matter aren't bitching....just Brad and a bunch of paranoid posters who had no issue early in the season when JGR couldn't find its head from its ass.

Theory comes from the garage and has been speculated on several nascar oriented online mediums.

For what its worth, its speculated the dams help seal the splitter to the surface of the track.

Im gonna need you to take the emotion out and think logically. Also, God wont help you.

The garage who is getting beat and constantly plays games.
NASCAR oriented online mediums--like this one right?....:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:
There is as much anti-Toyota emotion as there is mine.
You aren't God.

They already did, and the Chevy and Ford guys who matter aren't bitching....just Brad and a bunch of paranoid posters who had no issue early in the season when JGR couldn't find its head from its ass.

The JGR/FRR cars have been fast all year. Just because it didn't translate into wins for JGR for a good while does not change that fact.

That is the smelly part. They usually do that after the Michigan race. Not sure I am buying the broken wind tunnel story and if it was true, why weren't arrangements made for another tunnel to be used. It isn't like there aren't any, all big teams have access to them. They used a new inspection system body mapping gizmo at Chicagoland, but didn't use it on the cars that are in the playoffs? Another smelly part.

You are working very hard.

The JGR/FRR cars have been fast all year. Just because it didn't translate into wins for JGR for a good while does not change that fact.

Where was this post when everybody was crap talking JGR and what a mistake the new Camry was early in the year? Also, taking a peek at the Manufacturers Standings is sobering to the conspiracy theorists.

That isn't the way it works in Nascar. The cars are made as similar as possible in the wind tunnel off season. Changes are made to make it so. A second check is done after Michigan. Besides sweeping changes to the cars this year with splitters and rear spoilers, a new front end for the Toyota, they haven't checked them again after Michigan. It is what it is, another Nascar inconsistency. They did this twice last year Nada this year.
https://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-m...nascar-inspection-post-pocono-evaluation.html
Are you director of competition?

That's not how those guys operate. If they have issues, it's very likely you'll NEVER hear about it.
They're not bitching about it because they have the data, including the front downforce figures, from the required wind tunnel tests of Toyota's new nose undertaken before its approval. Nobody is operating in a vacuum.

Theory comes from the garage and has been speculated on several nascar oriented online mediums.

For what its worth, its speculated the dams help seal the splitter to the surface of the track.

Im gonna need you to take the emotion out and think logically. Also, God wont help you.
People in the garage are theorizing that Toyota's aero gee-gaws add mechanical grip? No ... they're not.

Everything up front that adds downforce helps seal the splitter to the ground. This is not a theory.

People in the garage are theorizing that Toyota's aero gee-gaws add mechanical grip? No ... they're not.

Everything up front that adds downforce helps seal the splitter to the ground. This is not a theory.
Thats the consensus about the Camry's nose.

Thus the 2018 Camaro's airdams where the fog lights would be and similarly formed edges on the body.

Duplicating what others have done to better your car isn't really the way to go.
Toyota chose to break tradition and go a different way has brought them success.
GM and Ford have to go another step forward to leapfrog the Toyota. That has never been GM's tradition and Ford is still trying to make the Edsel a car in demand. Of course they did have the Pinto.

NASCAR doesn't want anybody to leapfrog anybody, and will do their best (for whatever that's worth) to see that it doesn't happen. They want the bodies to be EQUAL. I'm not saying you can't get something by them, but you can't just present a car that is noticeably better.

Thats the consensus about the Camry's nose.

Thus the 2018 Camaro's airdams where the fog lights would be and similarly formed edges on the body.

Yet, no "consensus" early in the year. The smartest engineers in the world took 26 races to figure it out? BS. Are you spring boarding off of Junior's quotes? He so has an engineering degree.

Duplicating what others have done to better your car isn't really the way to go.
Toyota chose to break tradition and go a different way has brought them success.
GM and Ford have to go another step forward to leapfrog the Toyota. That has never been GM's tradition and Ford is still trying to make the Edsel a car in demand. Of course they did have the Pinto.

Again, where was this post in March?

Obviously, posters are forgetting that Toyota won the Manufacturers Championship in '16 with the old Camry. They took a hell of a risk with the '18 Camry. Did it the right way by introducing the race car alongside the customer car. You know, kind of a new age stock car idea. Great for the sport. Don't freaking tell me that the Ford and Chevy engineers present at the wind tunnel couldn't see the potential in the new Camry--if they didn't TRD engineers are better, and Ford and Chevy deserve to get their asses kicked--really, that might be the case, but I digress. They knew what Toyota had, and honestly Toyota's decision to bring the new car early was looking pretty silly early. TRD busted they asses, got better, and now have a piece that apparently is the envy of the garage. If this sport ****s on this, that might be my line--my turn to say screw it.

A quick question for those screaming for parity....Were you screaming to get Toyota help when they were getting their asses kicked in 2007--barely making races? Didn't think so.

Chevrolet won their 39th manufacturers’ championship in 2015, capping off a streak of 12 consecutive titles.

So there's that ...

Think they won 13 in a row aunty.....I could be wrong.....You know, with all of the parity and stuff. They had that super secret front air dam too apparently. :D

The Hudson Hornet was dominant for 3 seasons - 1952 through 1954. 66 wins in total.

Interesting but in reality aerodynamics hadn't been invented yet.

A quick question for those screaming for parity....Were you screaming to get Toyota help when they were getting their asses kicked in 2007--barely making races? Didn't think so.
This...............right here

Yet, no "consensus" early in the year. The smartest engineers in the world took 26 races to figure it out? BS. Are you spring boarding off of Junior's quotes? He so has an engineering degree.
Its been the consensus for nearly the entire season... just because you read it here first doesnt mean its been stated here first.

Again, where was this post in March?
In March we have the same as we do today except in hind site we can add success
upon success and total the result. I am basing this on the #78 team alone. In defense of the other JGR teams, their has been to much CC changes and yet they are all still CC's.
That tells me that they haven't found driver/cc combinations that match that of Truex.
How many CC's has Kyle had? How many changes for Hamlin? The driver messes up or isn't good enough consistently so the CC get the blame or the change is made in the hope something will happen.
Denny got beat out at the wire and lost 2 possible championships and Carl Edwards did the same. Was this the Crew Chiefs fault or did the driver come up short when it counted?
Carl wasn't afraid to crash his own team mates for the win and he crashed others a few times for the win. He didn't have the balls to take out Tony for the championship did he?

OK so what if I got a little carried away here. :D

In March we have the same as we do today except in hind site we can add success
upon success and total the result. I am basing this on the #78 team alone. In defense of the other JGR teams, their has been to much CC changes and yet they are all still CC's.
That tells me that they haven't found driver/cc combinations that match that of Truex.
How many CC's has Kyle had? How many changes for Hamlin? The driver messes up or isn't good enough consistently so the CC get the blame or the change is made in the hope something will happen.
Denny got beat out at the wire and lost 2 possible championships and Carl Edwards did the same. Was this the Crew Chiefs fault or did the driver come up short when it counted?
Carl wasn't afraid to crash his own team mates for the win and he crashed others a few times for the win. He didn't have the balls to take out Tony for the championship did he?

OK so what if I got a little carried away here. :D
Must be nice to have those superior drivers over at penske. .:eatpointe They don't screw up and blame their CC. Brad just blames nascar and everyone else.

TRD busted they asses, got better, and now have a piece that apparently is the envy of the garage. If this sport ****s on this, that might be my line--my turn to say screw it.
This line of argument has been going on for a long time...

Superbird 1970.jpg

While everyone else is just cashing checks, Toyota is hard at work in every aspect. They're signing the best drivers, working hard to put the best cars and the best engines on track. As bland as it can be, Truex and Busch's dominance is a testament to talent and hard work. Toyota's racing development program runs deep and this might just be the beginning of a generation of dominance.

While everyone else is just cashing checks, Toyota is hard at work in every aspect. They're signing the best drivers, working hard to put the best cars and the best engines on track. As bland as it can be, Truex and Busch's dominance is a testament to talent and hard work. Toyota's racing development program runs deep and this might just be the beginning of a generation of dominance.

This is hard for some to hear....but, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom