The RFFL 2018 (Racing Forums Fantasy League) the Yahoo League legacy endures (35 race season)

Glad to see you back, quiet but always a strong yearly performance.
Thanks...yeah I had the lead late in 2016 (finished 2nd?) and I finished around 10th last year. I won my money league last year so I changed my name from Three Time.

FANTASY DEADLINES

• Select Drivers by February 23, 2018, 2:59 am
  • Position Drivers by February 25, 2018, 2:00 pm
Copy and pasted from @dpkimmel2001 post

With only a few hours to go before the RFFL 2018 leagues first race of the year, we still have a lot of MIA RFYFL regulars.

It has been a lot of fun having all of the former teams and we will miss having those who do not participate.

The weekly updates will be posted and we will try to keep it interesting, and make the most of the competition as always.
Winning this championship probably gets you in the Nascar HOF one day.

Corporate sponsorship has already been established for all teams, and the league has no cap on membership.
So sign and make them picks, before it is everlasting too late.

@Rick
@TColeman12
@Fordracing7
@TexasRaceLady
@Simple Fan
@Simple Fan
@Clutch
@fordfan
@Fordracing7
@cheesepuffs
@fergy1370
@Matthew2470
@Nichodemus
@Cholo
@kkfan91
@Roman Nodonyet
@Hotrod
@Kiante
@Invisible Guest
@JimmieGordon2448
@UpNorth
@FLRacingFan
@Snappy D
@Yogisd1
@Rockears001
@Zerkfitting
@Bob
@Whizzer
@Spotter22
@Michfan
@Go Panthers

Last edited:
I see "Four Time" played the game last week and already has a 159 point lead in the competition. Shouldn't be too difficult for the rest of us to overcome that deficit.

I see "Four Time" played the game last week and already has a 159 point lead in the competition. Shouldn't be too difficult for the rest of us to overcome that deficit.

I trying to get help with resetting his points just for our league, so everyone starts the same way.

I trying to get help with resetting his points just for our league, so everyone starts the same way.

I've got an old desk calculator that works most of the time (keep it next to the typewriter), maybe we could just subtract 159 points from his score every week . . . .

desk calculator.jpg

I'm in.

Too late to make picks for this week though, guess I'll have to win this thing Kyle Busch 2015 style. ;)

Thanks...yeah I had the lead late in 2016 (finished 2nd?) and I finished around 10th last year. I won my money league last year so I changed my name from Three Time.

Sorry about the confusion.

I can simply subtract 159 points, when I post every weekly spreadsheet

Or have you create a new team name and that put's you on equal footing. The website administer would enter your Atlanta picks in.
That resets everything and has you starting Atlanta with 9 picks per driver with the Daytona deduction. If we pursue this option we must act quickly.

Simply deleting Daytona is not an option. That would carry over to all other leagues as well.

Sorry again, I hope you are not
put off, and remain with us.You are good at this game, and I enjoy the competition.

I want to encourage all that will to continue to sign on.
This is the providers first year at offering us the league, after yahoo stopped providing.
So our roster isn't as deep and getting a good finish for the year is still possible.

The provider is also thinking about adding in a lucky dog option, which allows for omiting a player's worse race of the year.
If that is true those that weren't registered today would be able to minimize today's loss.

#SoGetYourSelfSignedUp

The current and overall RFFL standings after Atlanta, February 25th, 2018. Race 1 of 35.

Screenshot_2018-02-25-20-39-03-1.png

A smaller group in the game this year but it's certainly a tough crowd as half of this week's players scored 300 points or better.

:cheers:

***If you are already making picks for next week, double check your picks! The website is glitchy, and may change your picks.***

After making picks for my A, B, and C groups, I noticed my roster showing one B driver filling three of the four B spots (both bench positions and one starter position). :eek: When I deleted the driver that occupied both bench positions and remade my selections, one of my intended bench drivers occupied both bench positions. Took me several minutes to get it corrected.

***If you are already making picks for next week, double check your picks! The website is glitchy, and may change your picks.***

After making picks for my A, B, and C groups, I noticed my roster showing one B driver filling three of the four B spots (both bench positions and one starter position). :eek: When I deleted the driver that occupied both bench positions and remade my selections, one of my intended bench drivers occupied both bench positions. Took me several minutes to get it corrected.

I had to work at mine a little too.
Based off of my email, I think the website wants to get it right. I think they will fix that.

Sorry about the confusion.

I can simply subtract 159 points, when I post every weekly spreadsheet

Or have you create a new team name and that put's you on equal footing. The website administer would enter your Atlanta picks in.
That resets everything and has you starting Atlanta with 9 picks per driver with the Daytona deduction. If we pursue this option we must act quickly.

Simply deleting Daytona is not an option. That would carry over to all other leagues as well.

Sorry again, I hope you are not
put off, and remain with us.You are good at this game, and I enjoy the competition.

I'm good with subtracting the 159. The reason I got Daytona points is because I'm in another league.

Oh and congrats to me for winning Atlanta.:cool:

Bump reminder for this week's race.

FANTASY DEADLINES
Select Drivers by March 2, 2018, 2:59 am Position Drivers by March 4, 2018, 3:30 pm
NOTE: All times listed are EST.

Thanks to all 18 teams competing
Some new teams will be picking this week, too. This year is like the bridge from the Yahoo league, I am convinced it will be as significant in the coming years.

If you haven't signed on yet there is still time to get going and have a respectable season. I think scoring a top five or even a podium in the final run down is still a possibility for a late arrival.

As posted earlier there is plenty of time, all of Thursday to register and have your picks set for this weekends race. If you are not sure, sign up and ask questions on this thread. There are a lot good folks here that will reply and advise you on getting started.

The Current RFFL overall standings after Las Vegas, March 4th 2018. Race 2 of a 35 race season.

Screenshot_2018-03-05-04-41-20-1.png

Race results #2 of 35 - Kobalt 400, Las Vegas Motor Speedway
LEAGUE PICKS FOR KOBALT 400
RANK TEAM TOTAL
1 PeopleAreStrange 326
2 Greg 316
3 Danicafreak 302
4 BushBrothers 287
5 Ford_Racing 281
6 Molo's Motorsports 280
7 Sedro Woolley Racing 266
8 johali 252
9 stujameson 247
9 FourTime 247
11 ToyYoda 246
12 fordfanrf 245
13 Brentford 235
14 klemmabyna 228
15 dpkimmel2001 226
16 GrayAreaMotorsports 213
17 LJ7201 0
17 Matthew2470 0

Note: These numbers were compiled manually, hopefully without errors.
If there are any please let it be known, the feedback will be appreciated.

FANTASY DEADLINES

• Select Drivers by March 9, 2018, 2:59 am
  • Position Drivers by March 11, 2018, 3:30 pm

FANTASY DEADLINES

• Select Drivers by March 9, 2018, 2:59 am
  • Position Drivers by March 11, 2018, 3:30 pm

but . . . . but . . . . but . . . .

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass 21h21 hours ago

Because Phoenix doesn't change its clocks for daylight saving time, local time for NASCAR events will be Mountain (standard) time Friday and Saturday and then Pacific (daylight) time Sunday.

:idunno:

but . . . . but . . . . but . . . .

Bob Pockrass‏Verified account @bobpockrass 21h21 hours ago

Because Phoenix doesn't change its clocks for daylight saving time, local time for NASCAR events will be Mountain (standard) time Friday and Saturday and then Pacific (daylight) time Sunday.

:idunno:
Sounds right to me. When Florida changes to Daylight Savings Time permanently later this year everybody else may be confused twice a year but we wont be. :D

Anyone else have a problem with the game not saving their Phoenix picks ?

The picks I made last night (yes, I clicked the new "save:" button) didn't carry over, so this weekend I'll be forced to pick from my Las Vegas race crew. :crash:

Edit: Upon further review, it turns out that I picked up 16 qualifying points with last week's roster.

Could be worse I guess . . . .

Last edited:

The picks I made last night (yes, I clicked the new "save:" button) didn't carry over, so this weekend I'll be forced to pick from my Las Vegas race crew. :crash:

Edit: Upon further review, it turns out that I picked up 16 qualifying points with last week's roster.

At least you were able to use your Vegas drivers. From my understanding, you have to pick drivers every week because they don't carry over like they did on the Yahoo game.

The save button is new. It didn't exist the last two weeks I made picks.

Be thankful you don't have one driver occupying three positions. It happened to me last week, but thankfully I double checked my picks before logging out.

This new website is glitchy. Hopefully, the glitches will be fixed soon.

Last week's win is a nice way for me to recover from a disappointing 2017 season.

Here's hoping 2018 will be more like 2016 for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom