The RFFL 2018 (Racing Forums Fantasy League) the Yahoo League legacy endures (35 race season)

Greg

2014 RF YAHOO CHAMP Your leader

An alternative league that is very similar will be set up for a 35 race campaign.
Membership for the providing website is free, they do some selling but no purchase is required.
Unlike yahoo the number of allowed teams is unlimited, yahoo only allowed 50 teams.

It is very similar to the old YFL.
Pick 8 divers each week, 4 to start and 4 to bench.
The weekly rosters will have a deadline that is similar, usually before qualifying.
Only 9 starts for each driver.
The traditional A, B and C groupings.

Scoring (Qualifying)

'Starter' and 'Bench' drivers are eligible to earn qualifying bonus points.
Pole = 10 points
2nd = 5 points
3rd = 3 points
4th = 2 points
5th = 1 point

Most Laps Led = 5 points
Lead a Lap = 5 points

Only 'Starter' drivers are eligible to earn finish position points.

Winner = 100 points
2nd = 90 points
3rd = 88 points
(-2 points for every spot thereafter)

League Name: The RFFL 2018

Description: A League for Racing Forums members similar to the old RFYFL

Password RFFL2018

Time is short, hopfully yahoo regulars will sign on.
If you know former members please post there names to get there attention prior to next week's race.

@Rick
@ToyYoda

Sorry link on the next post.

Doing this makes me really appreciate @dpkimmel2001, I am not as smooth or fluent with the directions.

But there are no membership cost. They sale them for detailed Stat services, but it is not required to play the game. You can get Stats at Driver Averages or Racing Reference.

I think this can work as well as the Yahoo League worked

TRYING TO JOIN...

cant click on the league

When I clicked on the link, it wouldn't let me sign up for this league. I created an account, then had to look for it in the list of leagues (didn't find it until I switched to the "all private leagues" tab).

Only 3 of us are signed up as of now. Hopefully, more sign up before next week. It would be more fun to beat 20 other players than 2 other players. :)

When I clicked on the link, it wouldn't let me sign up for this league. I created an account, then had to look for it in the list of leagues (didn't find it until I switched to the "all private leagues" tab).

Only 3 of us are signed up as of now. Hopefully, more sign up before next week. It would be more fun to beat 20 other players than 2 other players. :)
Thank you and I agree.

FYI it looks like you accidentally made two different leagues. I joined the one you listed, but there's another one called RFFL2018.

FYI it looks like you accidentally made two different leagues. I joined the one you listed, but there's another one called RFFL2018.
In.

Joined the wrong one first and figured out how to kill it. It shows Greg and johali as members. Maybe the Gator has to do what I did.

Greg ... maybe you should kill that one??

I agree. I have not figured out how to delete the other one.

I can only find one labeled "RFFL 2018" and it's the one only @Greg and I are registered in.

I will try to remedy the dual league issue tonight, after work

Doing this makes me really appreciate @dpkimmel2001, I am not as smooth or fluent with the directions...
Setting up a new league can be a bear. Setting one up in a new application is a bear, squared. Once you get the initial set-up out of the way, most of them will run themselves.

Try to keep detailed notes. Some free hosts require you to start over each season, so documentation can help you avoid having to reinvent the wheel every year.

See what your support options are. Most sites offer support via e-mail. The most common mid-season problem is when a team puts in a substitute driver but the site doesn't have him or her in a group.

Good luck, Commissioner!

Doing this makes me really appreciate @dpkimmel2001, I am not as smooth or fluent with the directions.

how 'bout:

1) https://fantasyracingcheatsheet.com/fantasy-nascar/games/dgg/league/1332

2) create an account

3) click DRIVER GROUP GAME link for game information

4) click QUICK LINKS drop-down and then Join a League link

5) click All Private Leagues

6) search for THE RFFL 2018

7) click Join link to the right side of THE RFFL 2018 row (ID 1332)

8) enter password: RFFL2018 / click Join League

you're on your own from there . . . .

:salute:

I was unable to close the duplicate league, I was able to rename the unwanted one.

Hopefully it will prevent folks from using the wrong one.
I am currently limited to my Note4, hopefully I can get my regular pc working before long and completely eliminate the obselete one.
Screenshot_2018-02-19-19-37-48.png

Hopefully we will get more teams signed on.
I loved the huge number of participants in the Yahoo League.
Hopefully most of the former participants will sign on, including all of the former champions.
It is a worthwhile legacy, that should continue.
I have fat fingered the start up, but I think the leagues website is solid and capable of meeting all expectations.

So if you are lurker, get with the program and sign up.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-19-19-44-23.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-19-19-44-23.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 350
In.

Saw these dates in there for Atlanta's deadlines.....

FANTASY DEADLINES

• Select Drivers by February 23, 2018, 2:59 am
  • Position Drivers by February 25, 2018, 2:00 pm

Bump reminder:

Still hoping we can get more signed on. We currently have 13 teams.

This league will have the posted updates on a weekly basis, just like the old yahoo league, and I think it will be just as interesting.
Really hoping to see more of the old Yahoo regulars and newbies signed on.

Saw these dates in there for Atlanta's deadlines.....
FANTASY DEADLINES

• Select Drivers by February 23, 2018, 2:59 am
  • Position Drivers by February 25, 2018, 2:00 pm

For those that like to wait until the last minute to make their picks, those are Eastern times according to the game's "How to Play" page.

Deadlines
The deadline for picking new drivers for the upcoming race is 11:59 p.m. PT on the night before qualifying. (12:59 a.m. MT / 1:59 a.m. CT / 2:59 a.m. ET day of qualifying)

The deadline to change the status of a driver on your team from 'Bench' to 'Starter' is five minutes before the scheduled start of each race. Please note that the scheduled race time will likely differ from the actual start time of the race. Rosters are locked based on the start time displayed on the 'My Entry' page for that race.

Back
Top Bottom