The Summer Games of the 30th Olympiad - LONDON 2012

I have limited interest in these olympics. I want to see every USA basketball game and I want to see women's beach volleyball. I'd like to see some boxing, although they never, ever show nearly enough of that anymore. The swimming finals would be cool to see too. I'm rooting for a few athletes in different sports, such as the incredibly hot Lolo Jones :wub: , also but not enough to watch all of the other events I'd have to wade through to see them.

Boxing is on CNBC almost around the clock.

They had a story about Lolo Jones on MSNBC last night -- she's just one of those people that you almost have to root for no matter who you are or where you were born.

The Parade of Nations is usually one of my faviorate things to watch, it felt like I was watching a Nascar race on TNT though. 2 minutes of showing countries, 5 minutes of commericals and then 90 seconds to tell you all the countries we missed while the commerical was on.

Umm forget? Never thought he knew in the first place.
Paul McCartney never has been a great singer. Many of those associated with the band said it always took much longer to record songs that Paul sang lead on because his voice was done for a long time after he sang one or two songs. I've sung for a really long time, and had some training, and I can tell you that if you sing correctly you should be able to sing for a long time without any significant drop off in quality. I always liked John Lennon a lot better. I am a huge Beatles fan and I like most of what Paul sang too, I just prefered John.

Phelps comes in 4th place in his 1st medal race.

Yeah Ditz...he definitely needed a caution there at the end of the race :(.

Oh well...there are like a hundred more swimming races. I think they should have a 1000 meter doubles freestyle race where one guy pushes until he gets too much water splashed in his face and he starts to overheat - then they switch positions.

I just hope Michael can get those 3 medals needed to become the most decorated Olympian in history.

I just hope Michael can get those 3 medals needed to become the most decorated Olympian in history.
Me too. He didn't look too good last night in the 400m IM. There are a lot of events left and there are also relay teams where he can still win medals without being his old self.

North Korea should stick to failing at launching rockets. USA WINS!
Sorry to send the Koreans home so early, but they'll get to leave their country again in like four years.

The USA men's beach volleyball team has apparently stolen the design on their uniforms from the 2010 Norwegian curling team. Go ahead, look it up and tell me I'm wrong

I wonder why the hell they took deducted points on McKayla Maroney's vault routine.

I'm in suspense wondering if Michael Phelps will win that 19th medal ... :sarcasm:

19!
Michael Phelps, from Baltimore, Maryland, becomes the most decorated Olympian ever!
Congrats to Phelps and his fellow Baltimoreans!

I gotta tell you though, and it's probably just me but, I'm starting to look at MP in the same manner that I do JJ. I'm just saying.

Anyone else here as riveted by the badminton controversy like I am? Eight female badminton players tossed out of Olympics for trying to lose matches! Man, this is good stuff. And to think, I didn't even care about the sport of badminton unto two minutes ago. Aren't the Olympics wonderful?

Back
Top Bottom