The Summer Games of the 30th Olympiad - LONDON 2012

Anyone else here as riveted by the badminton controversy like I am? Eight female badminton players tossed out of Olympics for trying to lose matches! Man, this is good stuff. And to think, I didn't even care about the sport of badminton unto two minutes ago. Aren't the Olympics wonderful?
I couldn't beleive I read that this morning. Badminton bribery. Almost to the level of the gymnastics scandals over the years.

I couldn't beleive I read that this morning. Badminton bribery. Almost to the level of the gymnastics scandals over the years.
I never realized that it was an actual sport and that people take it that seriously. Heck, when are the other backyard sports going to be in the Olympics? Horseshoes? Lawn Darts? Cornhole?

I never realized that it was an actual sport and that people take it that seriously. Heck, when are the other backyard sports going to be in the Olympics? Horseshoes? Lawn Darts? Cornhole?

Table pong is also an olympic sport. Contrary to popular belief, table pong is not played with a bunch of plastic cups on the table.

Olympic badminton is waaaayyyy different than your backyard variety. When I was stationed din Greenland, I played once, ONCE, and had my ass handed to me and was pretty much run into the ground.

Honduras is going to eliminations in Olympic soccer for the first time in their history... I'm kind of surprised at that stat.

Since Andy isn't really picking up on this I'm starting to think it's not true.:rolleyes:

Fencing: Two guys (or girls) trying to poke each other with a long bendy stick while wearing a hurt locker uniform.

Intentionally losing games to get a better placement? I don't know, Ken Schrader would intentionally lose two spots to finish 10th if there was a 10th place bonus.

Can anyone imagine how much more exciting NASCAR would be if there was a rule that said every competitor must give 100% effort?

Despite going out of my way, I now know the results of every event on NBC Primetime by virtue of NBC placing the Olympics news at the top of their politics website. I swear they're going out of their way to ruin the Olympic experience.

Dammit! First, I have to watch guys jumping into the water in speedos, and not the beach volleyball girls aren't wearing revealing clothing! What the hell?! :D

Despite going out of my way, I now know the results of every event on NBC Primetime by virtue of NBC placing the Olympics news at the top of their politics website. I swear they're going out of their way to ruin the Olympic experience.
Do you ever stop complaining? :rolleyes:

More epic uniform failure.They look like crap.
There's only one thing wrong with this soon-to-be iconic picture of the Fab Five celebrating its team gold medal at the Olympics: Why in the name of Betsy Ross is Team USA accepting gold medals while wearing a gray Nike jacket and black pants?
Gray and black? What is this, the set of a Christopher Nolan film? We're not saying everything had to be vomiting red, white, and blue (like some medal stand outfits of the past) but it'd be nice to be able to visually identify our athletes without the aid of an NBC chyron.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olymp...nners-wearing-gray-podium-135513669--oly.html

The US wins gold in judo for the first time.

SPOILER ALERT (Select text if you want to see it)
US gymnast Gabrielle Douglas wins the gold medal in all around.

Thanks to The Washington Post for ruining tonight's telecast by virtue of this unsolicited email.

SPOILER ALERT (y'all know how this works):
Michael Phelps wins Gold in the 200M individual medley - it's Phelps' first individual gold in the London games and 16th overall gold medal.

The US is gonna have to take some notes from Japan and Canada and start playing dirty. Yeah, those teams are getting called a lot, but they're also getting away with a lot and they're winning every game.

Back
Top Bottom