Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, woke up to this exploding on my Facebook wall.

I saw the video and wow...honestly it just looks like a horrible, horrible accident. I doubt Tony Stewart meant to kill the man, but IMHO, this is probably the end of Tony Stewart's racing career.

Just seen a very good video of the incident after some digging and this kid did something that was incredibly stupid and may have ruined two or more careers. I don't know why anyone would dodge cars to shake a finger at another driver over an incident that just happened. This kid actually side stepped another vehicle to try and get closer to Stewart and almost got nailed then. The old proverb "walk away to live and fight again" must not have been in his upbringing. How sad and tragic this is.

Just seen a very good video of the incident after some digging and this kid did something that was incredibly stupid and may have ruined two or more careers. I don't know why anyone would dodge cars to shake a finger at another driver over an incident that just happened. This kid actually side stepped another vehicle to try and get closer to Stewart and almost got nailed then. The old proverb "walk away to live and fight again" must not have been in his upbringing. How sad and tragic this is.
Where's the vid?

Yeah I know. Wingnut said he did some digging, so he may have found a different angle

He only tried to make a scene because it involved Tony Stewart. Any other non-name driver out there and it was a racing deal and they talk over breakfast after the races. He knew he'd get his name mentioned cause people talk about Tony Stewart. It's a tragic event, it's a shame a young man lost his life, but he didn't have too. He couldve stayed in his car and not step in front of a moving racecar. Now we can watch Tony Stewart become a victim of a media machine that knows nothing of the sport.

Same video or a different angle?

I don't know which video it was but it certainly was clear and not dark as described in all the news accounts I read. The kid literally went into the oncoming traffic
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I can understand a driver being pissed but being stupid at the same time is always a dangerous ****tail.

Your moronic comments show a total lack of evolution. The only other thing that could explain your comments about Ward is that at least one Chimp has learned to type.

Make it about me all you want, man. I don't care. I stand 100% behind my comments without remorse. ☺

Get ready for new rules about getting out of your car and taunting other drivers. I see this as a tragic accident. Tony can be a hot head but no way he would intentionally kill somebody. They need to sort stuff like this out in the garage area.

trying to avoid seeing the video is nearly impossible. my disgust with the media continues to grow exponentially.

Don't know if posted yet but just out that Regan Smith will be filling in for Tony Stewart for Watkins Glen. From NASCAR mobile

The kid killed himself with his sheer stupidity. Get it right.

Sorry, that's bull****.

It takes two to tango. Both people were at fault for what happened.

I was one of the first in this thread to call out the kid for being an idiot and walking out into the middle of the damn track (a trait he probably learned from watching Tony Stewart), but his stupidity likely wouldn't have resulted in death if it wasn't for Tony Stewart stepping on the gas.

wow......can't believe what i just saw...this is probably the end for tony stewart.....i knew him getting back into those sprint cars was a bad idea and now he has to live with a burden for the rest of his life....thank god he's not racing today...

I think we can all agree that it is time NASCAR bans drivers from walking out on the track. You can either walk from your car to the ambulance or you can be parked.

I don't believe Tony meant to kill the kid. But he certainly didn't take any evasive action to miss him. Looks like he went to scare him or throw dirt on him to embarrass him, and misjudged it. That swerve and blip on the throttle is highly suspect. I'll reserve judgment until more info is available.

Sorry, that's bull****.

It takes two to tango. Both people were at fault for what happened.

I was one of the first in this thread to call out the kid for being an idiot and walking out into the middle of the damn track (a trait he probably learned from watching Tony Stewart), but his stupidity likely wouldn't have resulted in death if it wasn't for Tony Stewart stepping on the gas.

The kid was wearing ALL BLACK and jumped in front of a race car on a DARK TRACK.

Anyone that knows even one tiny thing about sprint cars is that punching the gas turns them left. Tony tried to turn.

Save your moronic comments for another person.

The kid killed himself with his sheer stupidity. Get it right.

I hope it was an accident, but it does not look good... The following is a quote from an article entitled "NASCAR driver Tony Stewart fatally strikes fellow driver at dirt track event" posted on nascar.com:

quote-- After Ward spun to a stop with a flat right-rear tire, the driver quickly dismounted to confront Stewart, walking out onto the track and pointing at the veteran driver's No. 14. Stewart's car revved and fishtailed, catching Ward with its right-rear tire and sending him a sizable distance from the crash site. --unquote.

Please note the word "revved"...

I am a bit disappointed we haven't heard from Tony directly, rather than comments by his PR team. Hell, they don't even offer a quote from Tony.

I am not out to condemn or defend Tony as this point I have a lot of mixed thoughts. But I am sorry for him and more for Ward and family.

That being said. I didnt sleep good in part to this,(just a pathetic nerd I suppose) and Tony probably didnt sleep at all. Right or wrong it has to be his worst nightmare. I think he will be forever haunted and damaged. He will probably think about this every day for the rest of his life.
I dont know how he is ever going to reach out to the Ward family or tastefully address the issue.
A speech just wont matter to much imo, the damage is done.
Condolences, apologies, retribution will not change much.
Sometimes there is just nothing worth saying.

Sure Tony is going thru a tough time, mainly because he isn't thinking like a typing chimp and feeling the 'idiot killed himself'.

He should still come out and make a statement.

I like you, FB, and you are absodamnedlutely correct.

In my opinion, it would be the right thing to do without question. Surely all of us can agree on that.

The kid was wearing ALL BLACK and jumped in front of a race car on a DARK TRACK.

Anyone that knows even one tiny thing about sprint cars is that punching the gas turns them left. Tony tried to turn.

Yeah, Matthew2470 already has too many moronic comments to work with. We wouldn't want him to overfill and start leaking his sheet all over his keyboard.

Sad... .tony banned from today's race....rip ward.

Oh, okay. Because hitting the gas causes the cars to turn left, excuses Tony Stewart.....okay.

Once again bull****. Only one person in this thread is making moronic comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom