5. 88
6. 22
7. 9
8. 48
9. 24
10. 29

Pole: Robby Gordon

Sleeper Terry Labonte or Robby Gordon

1. DEI car that is not Pennzoil sponsored.
2. Other DEI car that is not Pennzoil sponsored.
3. Whoever
4. Is
5. Left
6. After
7. The
8. Big
9. Ol'
10. Wreck

43. Morgan Shepherd
pole - DEI car affiliated with an alcoholic beverage

sleeper - Johnny Benson

Thats what i was thinking but maybe a dodge could slip in there

LOL TNW. But, I think the field finish is going to be determined by what you said for 3 thru 10. That's the way I see it for now. We'll see what happens later in the week after the first practice.

:D

1: jr
2: Harvick
3: Biffel
4: Petty
5: Waltrip
6: Stewart
7: Johnson
8: Martin
9: Jarrett
10: Elliot

IF Ward can manage to keep himself out of harm's way, which seems to be too much to ask here lately, he's got a shot. He'll probably qualify about 33rd and get ass-ended again though.

Watch Benson. (Not the TV show about the butler either) He ain't bad at plate races. One of these days he is gonna get the breaks and win one of them.

Otherwise, Casey Atwood, whoever is in the BAM car, or Carl Long would have as good a chance as anyone else.

1. Jeff Gordon
2. Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
3. Greg Biffle
4. Michael Waltrip
5. Ricky Rudd
6. Kevin Harvick
7. Jeff Burton
8. Terry Labonte
9. Dale Jarrett
10. Jimmie Johnson

I was right with my number 1 pick last week. Lets see if I can be right 2 weeks in a row again.

1) Jr.
2) Harvick
3) Stewart
4) Benson
5) Jeff Gordon
6) Johnson
7) Newman
8) Rusty
9) Marlin
10)Biffle

1- Mikey
2- June Bug
3- Steve
4- Harvick
5- Green
6- Robby
7- Sterlin
8- Newman
9- Andretti
10- Johnson

Pole- Robby

43- Petty

Darkhorse, Biffle

JR
Micky(if he can avoid the big one)
W. Burton
martin
Harvick
Johnson
DJ
Marlin(if he doesn't have bad luck.)
J. Gordon
Illiot.

1. Earnhardt Jr - Back in the win column, shuts the critics up.
2. Waltrip - Luck gets back on his side.
3. Park - Finally a top 5.
4. Johnson - extends points lead.
5. Stewart - goes into 2nd in the points chase.
6. Jeff Gordon - keeps consistent.
7. Kerry Earnhardt - Goes for the lead on last lap, gets hung out.
8. Mark Martin - stays close for the points lead.
9. Jeff Burton - comes from the back... misses the big one.
10. Bill Elliott - Only dodge to crack the top 10.

Pole Sitter - Jimmie Johnson

43. Casey Atwood

Not sure how winning at yet another plate race will "shut the critics up". If anything, it will give us more proof that he only runs well there. :)

GO JR!!

I was about to post that if Jr wins, that will just get the people going again........

Paul, can I use your quote?

What do you mean?

I tend to think of Bristol and Martinsville as an "anything goes" kinds of tracks.

Daytona is certainly not the place for "anything goes".

Ok man, Kerry is an Earnhardt. He is driving a DEI car with a DEI motor... put it all together, you have a fast ass race car with a good driver. He and Jr will draft all day long together!

By "anything goes", I meant to say, anyone can win. It's not a race of skill, right? Just who manages to avoid getting wrecked. Plus, what Bud Stud said about DEI and plates. If it's all a big fix anyway, why couldn't Kerry finish 7th? Unless it takes a bit more skill than he has, in which case his brother must be more talented than some give him credit for.

BTW, we're not racing in Daytona this weekend. ;)

So your saying Talladega doesn't take skill? Thats the biggest crock I've ever heard.. not just anybody can hop in a race car, go 195 mph going 3 wide for almost 200 laps. Hell, most of these people cant stand going 55 on the 4-lane without complaining... see how it would be in a race car then.

A)I don't think NASCAR fixes races.

2)Do you think that it takes skill to win plate races?

Originally posted by bud_stud
So your saying Talladega doesn't take skill?  Thats the biggest crock I've ever heard..  not just anybody can hop in a race car, go 195 mph going 3 wide for almost 200 laps.   Hell, most of these people cant stand going 55 on the 4-lane without complaining... see how it would be in a race car then.

Dude, the drivers themselves say it.

Ok man, you've thrown this ass backwards... but its alright..
I'm just saying... plate racing isn't just sitting there for 4 hours steering a race car.... takes skill and strategy.

I said:

It takes no skill to run at Dega

You said:

That's the biggest crock ever

I said:

The driver's even say it

You said:

I know man

But I'm getting it backwards? :confused:

Ok man, listen... I'ma say this once, take it from there.
Plate racing takes skill... thats what these drivers are made out of. Most of the ones you hear that say it doesn't take skill, its crap.. blah blah, are usually the ones in the wreck. They'll learn to live and let go... but racing is racing. Skill has to be there.

Dale Jr -
"Forget the money. I love running at Talladega, and I’d get out there and run just as hard if they paid me a dime to win. The team needs to win, I need to win, DEI needs to win. This is one of my favorite places to race, and it’s just the most intense feeling to be running three-wide lap-after-lap. You have to be totally aware for 500 miles so you know who’s beside you, who’s behind you and who’s ahead of you. Of course, my strategy is to get up front and then stay up front. Let’s go for it. I know a lot guys sit around for the first 450 laps and then try to race at the end, but that’s not me and that’s not my team. We’re gonna lead ’em all we can. I don’t think it’s bragging to say we should be the favorite going in - we have always been up front here and I know we have no intention of giving up that trend.

Example 1, Ward Burton: “I hope they’re proud of themselves. We came down here and tested. A lot of us learned something, but (NASCAR) didn’t learn anything. If this is racing, they can have it and I think everybody in the garage will say that. It’s ridiculous.”

Example 2, Sterling Marlin: “It ain’t the drivers, it’s NASCAR. You run it all day, you’re going to wreck. Every driver has been telling them in the NASCAR trailer that it’s going to happen. They wanted it to happen.

“They’ve got to fix it. They had it fixed if they had done the rules they tried down here in the test. 80 percent of us wanted it and 20 percent didn’t, so they went with the 20 percent. I guess they wanted to see us wreck.”

Example 3, Tony Stewart: “I’m just glad to be alive after this one’s over.”

I like what Junior had to say about Talladega, and just plain enjoying himself there. Of course, I'm sure he wouldn't feel that way if DEI didn't have the great plate program it did...

This is shocking, coming from a Jr fan, isn't it? :satisfied

Not shocking at all...refreshing. But I've always known you to have a pretty straightforward view about the whole deal.

On Inside Winston Cup tonight, Shrader said something like, "I hope we're all here on Monday".

So damn true.

People get frustrated bud, its racing, but it takes skill to dodge the big wreck!

It really is a shame, maybe NASCAR should make them go back to the big block cars that aren't aerodynamic at all. Maybe UPS trucks for everyone. Would be fun to see.

To tell ya the truth, if it was up to me, I'd say take the damn plates off and let em race!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom