Top 10 @ Dega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by bud_stud
To tell ya the truth, if it was up to me, I'd say take the damn plates off and let em race!!

That's probably because you haven't a clue about aerodynamics and the chassis that they're running.

The cars would fly completely off the track without a plate.

The tracks are outdated and need to be taken out of the circuit.

what the hell?  that had nothing to do with Dale Jr.

No, but it came from the mouth of a Jr fan...as did the "kerry is a bad ass driver" comment and the picking him for 7th in his debut.

You're funny, please don't stop. You've got some zingers stored in there.

No, I have no idea about race cars... I just work on a damn race team!!

210+MPH isn't that bad...3 wide the whole race is still racing tho

You work on a race team and you actually think that the plates should be removed at those tracks?

Keep rollin' em out, I'm makin' room.

Well, quit bitchin' about it then. Talladega is Talladega... Racing is Racing. leave it at that!

I thought this was a Top 10 pages and not a bash jr page and crap and it aint skill to dodge that big wreck its LUCK

Jr is a hell of a racer I like his style I just dont think Nascar fixes races, Its pretty much impossiable to fix a race think about it, Cars can blow up, blow tires, get loose, and get caught up in wrecks. Nascar cant fix awreck and wouldent cause of safty I just dont think it could happen

Jr's the man and it takes skill to avoid the big wreck.

Here you are people, this is NASCAR's target audience. You're seeing it live and in person.

It's come a long way and they've done a lot of work to get it that way...but they've acheived their goal.

It's not that hard to avoid the big wreck when it's always happening behind you.

I still say it is luck Kyle has the worst luck there is and is always in them, THe points leaders always have the worst luck going to this strech of hard tracks and always seems to be caught up in the mess. Just hope every one is here after the race to talk about what the hell happen and don't get hurt

So Jr. is doing what he should by wining the pole and working hard to be up front! If Tony won the pole would we be having this discussion? Or have we all forgotten Tony IS the man

Originally posted by sgbg88
So Jr. is doing what he should by wining the pole and working hard to be up front! If Tony won the pole would we be having this discussion? Or have we all forgotten Tony IS the man

Wow, Jr hasn't even gotten the pole and you're saying he already has.

And yes, I've said plate racing sucks before. Not sure what Tony Stewart has to do with it.

Oh wait, you're trying to imply that if Tony gets the pole I'll suddenly think that plate racing is great? Gimmie a break.

I meant if Jr. got the pole, forgot one word. Even forot what day it was! Maybe Tony (your man) will get the pole, Jr. will be in back all day and every DEI hater will get their wish and he'll be out if the big one happens. Just don't see all the fuss about Jr. winning plate races. Doesn't every driver have tracks they excell in better than others. Does it always have to be a big deal if he wins another plate race. Some drivers would be happy to win any race this year no matter where.

Hehe, careful petty. ;)

Anyway, abooja...how can you sit idly through all this? I mean, all this bashing of Jr I'm doing.

thanks abooja, us chicks have to ban together! Donut duty this week?

Hell I guess Gordon and Daytona or Kansas is being fixed or Jimmie Johnson and Dover is fixed

thanks abooja, us chicks have to ban together!  Donut duty this week?

I thought I was kicked off donut duty for ruining his Dover race!!!

Hell I dont know which sex everyone is I dont mess around on this that much

Originally posted by pettyfan4life
Hell I guess Gordon and Daytona or Kansas is being fixed or Jimmie Johnson and Dover is fixed

What in the world are you going on about now?

Do people just make stuff up in their heads and respond to it? Who said it's fixed?

Originally posted by abooja
Sometimes, it's just fun to watch the fireworks. :)

Yeah, but bud_stud gives normal Jr fans the bad rep that they have.

Now you see why?

Now who can blame you for going to Jr. first! We all know what a cutiepie he is;) Just don't forget Jimmy this time. He swells up when he gets mad and can't hardly get in this car!:p

Yeah, I give them a bad name. Seems to me your just a smartass trying to aggravate the hell outta everybody. If ya dont like nascar and the way its ran, DONT STICK WITH IT!!

Yeah, I give them a bad name.  Seems to me your just a smartass trying to aggravate the hell outta everybody.  If ya dont like nascar and the way its ran, DONT STICK WITH IT!!

Mekka lekka hi mekka hiney ho?

I meant if Jr. got the pole, forgot one word. Even forot what day it was!  Maybe Tony (your man)  will get the pole, Jr. will be in back all day and every DEI hater will get their wish and he'll be out if the big one happens. Just don't see all the fuss about Jr. winning plate races. Doesn't every driver have tracks they excell in better than others. Does it always have to be a big deal if he wins another plate race. Some drivers would be happy to win any race this year no matter where.

Im not arguing with her but she says Doesn't everybody have a tracks they excell better in then others and you put it in a way that nascar fixes it so jr does better at Dega so i just put my word in cause i am stupid to some people i guess

Originally posted by Ciggie
It's not that hard to avoid the big wreck when it's always happening behind you.

That's a pretty good point.

Its a fact that DEI runs good at 'Dega. Everybody knows that when Dale was alive, he was the master at restrictor plate racing. He even went as far as teaming up with Andy Petree and Childress to form a partnership called RAD. They did there homework and made it a point to learn how to win at 'Dega and Daytona. Thus, DEI beats the hell out of everybody who races with them there.

Now, about the restrictor plates............Do I agree with them? Nope, not at all. If you want to slow the cars down, use smaller engines with less compression and bigger tires. But a parachute behind them for all I care, but take the plates off. But the cars need to be slowed down. Those cars would probably hit 200-230mph at those tracks now. And if a throttle stuck or a tire went down before entering a turn, that would be the end of that driver.

Back to what Ciggie said.......Jr, Waltrip, Gordon, Marlin and Jimmie Johnson will qualify well Friday. They have the notes and know what needs to be done to their car. Even though Marlin is in a Dodge, he knows how to drive that place. Some drivers, Stewart, Labonte, Jarrett, Rudd......they like to hang in the back to miss the "big one." Is that a good idea? Ask Labonte and Stewy about the 2001 Daytona 500. Ask Labonte about the 2001 race at 'Dega where he slid upsidedown on the backstretch.

There is no easy answer as far as what to do at restrictor plate races. Bottom line. But I do hope its a competeive race. I do hope drivers don't hang at the back of the pack,"hoping to skillfully drive around the "big one", 'cause it ain't gonna happen.

And I do hope the "big one" doesn't happen.

Originally posted by fergy1370
Back to what Ciggie said.......Jr, Waltrip, Gordon, Marlin and Jimmie Johnson will qualify well Friday. They have the notes and know what needs to be done to their car. Even though Marlin is in a Dodge, he knows how to drive that place. Some drivers, Stewart, Labonte, Jarrett, Rudd......they like to hang in the back to miss the "big one." Is that a good idea? Ask Labonte and Stewy about the 2001 Daytona 500. Ask Labonte about the 2001 race at 'Dega where he slid upsidedown on the backstretch.

Hey, according to your fellow Jr fan that's skill and that's racin! LaBonte on his hood was just racin. And all the cars that were just gliding along together in the front were all there due to pure skill. It takes a lot of skill to hold the pedal to the floor for 4 hours and not let up once, even going into the corners. Well, they have to let up once to make sure no drivers are smeared into the inside retaining wall when they red flag the race.

Let me ask you something, if you bash racing, and think its so much crap... then why do you even bother with it?

Why I let someone who said Kerry Earnhardt is a "kick ass" driver get me this riled up is beyond me.

But seriously folks, he is the fan that NASCAR is chasing right now. He is the target audience. No idea why he likes Jr, just knows that he has to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom