Truck RACE thread --- Iowa

Haven't those two had run ins in recent races? I saw someone allude to Hill wrecking Sauter a couple races ago, but don't know what it's about.

There's way too much of this going on in racing. I, as a racing fan, like to see good racing. People just driving through each other isn't good racing. Kind of pisses me off when I go to a race, watch a thrilling race for 149 laps and then, on the last lap, it comes down to the second place car driving straight into the corner, taking the lead car clean out, and talking about "he would have done the same to me" or "I did what I had to do to win."

And like I said, Sauter should be suspended. I think Hill should have received some penalty too. But it doesn't matter since Sauter's suspension is toothless.
I think the Texas deal was both being side by side in the corner and Sauter running him on the door and sucking Hill around and he got in to Sauter and he crashed. Hill apparently tried to talk to Johnny before the Iowa race but got blown off then Sauter tried to use him up going in to 1 and it was game on.

Haven't those two had run ins in recent races? I saw someone allude to Hill wrecking Sauter a couple races ago, but don't know what it's about.

There's way too much of this going on in racing. I, as a racing fan, like to see good racing. People just driving through each other isn't good racing. Kind of pisses me off when I go to a race, watch a thrilling race for 149 laps and then, on the last lap, it comes down to the second place car driving straight into the corner, taking the lead car clean out, and talking about "he would have done the same to me" or "I did what I had to do to win."

And like I said, Sauter should be suspended. I think Hill should have received some penalty too. But it doesn't matter since Sauter's suspension is toothless.
welcome to short track racing on pavement

Have at it boys. Uh oh wait, maybe not.

Race like machines and make nice when it’s over.

Anyone remember what kick started Nascar, something about Bobby, Donnie and Cale at Daytona.
Nascar has it figured out

Wait, what? So now you can still make the playoff if you miss a race due to a suspension. But a driver can't just miss a race by choice if they've clinched a spot?

Good grief.
the unless otherwise authorized by Nascar part.
D9X0Bv9XsAEa1k6.jpg:large

The guy is making a point: "No one wanted to see anyone die, but pushing the envelope of death was invariably one of the draws"

If a "fan" of stock car racing has ever been at a race where a driver was seriously injured or worse, I cannot imagine they would have such a cavalier attitude about injury or death. I well remember Bobby Allisons near fatal crash at Pocono in 1988. I wasn't there, but I had a sickened feeling for at least 24 hours afterwards. That race wasn't televised where I was at, so the only updates I could get was through MRN. You could tell by the tone of their voices things were not good. I, for one have no need to see a life altered or lost in order to enjoy my favorite sport. I also recall the day Grant Adcox lost his life at Atlanta. Some folks may think that's thrilling or whatever, I do not. The sport is dangerous, even today.

If a "fan" of stock car racing has ever been at a race where a driver was seriously injured or worse, I cannot imagine they would have such a cavalier attitude about injury or death. I well remember Bobby Allisons near fatal crash at Pocono in 1988. I wasn't there, but I had a sickened feeling for at least 24 hours afterwards. That race wasn't televised where I was at, so the only updates I could get was through MRN. You could tell by the tone of their voices things were not good. I, for one have no need to see a life altered or lost in order to enjoy my favorite sport. I also recall the day Grant Adcox lost his life at Atlanta. Some folks may think that's thrilling or whatever, I do not. The sport is dangerous, even today.
It was horrific when Bobby got hit,Time stood still, his son stopping every lap to check on his father, screaming on the radio trying to get info on what was happening with his dad. I will never forget that day.These people have no clue how his families lives were changed.

I wouldn't feel any different about it than if it was encumbered. I'd just hate to see someone win that difndi actually win. I'd hope that the driver in second would decline the victory even if it was Kyle.
Please use proper terminology "Cucumberd"

Sadly, guys like @Simple Fan and @OldTimer are not alone in considering modern racing as a daredevil show that's grown bland because not enough people are dying to keep them amused. There have been others here on R-F talking the same way. I have no numbers, but I'm sure the broader public includes some persons who feel this way.

To all those "fans" I say... "Good bye and good riddance." You were here for the wrong reasons, and you will *not* be missed. We will gladly adjust to racing without your numbers and without your dollars.

I love racing as a sport, as a contest of skill. I never considered myself a daredevil when I was racing. I know a fair number of racers more successful at it than myself, and they don't consider themselves daredevils either. They are Racers... a completely different mindset from a daredevil show.

A batter trying to hit a 100 mph fastball is a contest of skill. The intensity and fan appeal is not that he can die from taking the ball to his temple. A modern batting helmet does not lessen the worth of the sport. Not to me.

Same thing with a hockey goalie facing a 110 mph slap shot. If a goalie wears a facemask, that does not cheapen what he does as a skill-based sport.

Fans of racing as a sport know... if you screw up, it will take you out of the race, and maybe out of the championship. And it might kill you too, but that's much rarer today... and that is a very good thing.

little 5 foot nothing internet Rambo, who never had a fight his whole career. yooo k

Never had a fight in his career because he was all class, and because other drivers knew that "5 foot nothing internet Rambo" would beat their ass into next century.

He wont be racing next week and he knows it
Sauter's such a bitch.
Suspend him a race, too.
What a dofus, wreck him during the course of the race. They should park him at Gateway for just being stupid.
NASCAR demonstrated wisdom in handling Sauter -- they had to suspend him for bringing his retribution against Hill under Caution, yet NASCAR didn't wreck his run for a Championship. imo

I was ok with the penalty, didn't think the move should have costed him his playoffs, but I might have preferred a 50 or 75 point regular season point penalty (which means possibly less playoff points) instead of a waiver that is kinda gray area.

I guess a one race suspension does mean that Todd Gilliland & Sheldon Creed will pass him in points most likely after Gateway so he will have to make up ground to get regular season playoff point bonus.

Sadly, guys like @Simple Fan and @OldTimer are not alone in considering modern racing as a daredevil show that's grown bland because not enough people are dying to keep them amused. There have been others here on R-F talking the same way. I have no numbers, but I'm sure the broader public includes some persons who feel this way.

To all those "fans" I say... "Good bye and good riddance." You were here for the wrong reasons, and you will *not* be missed. We will gladly adjust to racing without your numbers and without your dollars.

I love racing as a sport, as a contest of skill. I never considered myself a daredevil when I was racing. I know a fair number of racers more successful at it than myself, and they don't consider themselves daredevils either. They are Racers... a completely different mindset from a daredevil show.

A batter trying to hit a 100 mph fastball is a contest of skill. The intensity and fan appeal is not that he can die from taking the ball to his temple. A modern batting helmet does not lessen the worth of the sport. Not to me.

Same thing with a hockey goalie facing a 110 mph slap shot. If a goalie wears a facemask, that does not cheapen what he does as a skill-based sport.

Fans of racing as a sport know... if you screw up, it will take you out of the race, and maybe out of the championship. And it might kill you too, but that's much rarer today... and that is a very good thing.

I would just add that instead of saying goodbye, I would hope they could use this discussion as an eye opener, and hopefully reverse and/or soften their stance by becoming aware of what they are asking for. They have at least clarified that they don't want to see people die in general.

Never had a fight in his career because he was all class, and because other drivers knew that "5 foot nothing internet Rambo" would beat their ass into next century.
never had a fight in his career because he was afraid of getting his ass whopped. Now he is mister tough guy mouthy behind the keyboard. He and Kenny Wallace are in the same boat.

Weren't him and Jeff Burton the 2 most if you caught them on track, they would let you go, may be why.

I like the idea of face to face confrontation, but it's absolutely pathetic these days when you got a bunch of hardass crew guys putting a quick end to it.

Maybe if the pit guys would get out of the way and let the drivers handle it.

IDK what the problem is Ross is calling his shot.
“We gave them an eight-race head start, so what’s one more race? How big of a head start do these guys need in the points? No issues on my end,” Chastain said. “I don’t want to sound ****y, but I am confident, because I know what it’s like to not have speed, and you’re struggling and don’t have resources. We have the resources.”

Back
Top Bottom