Truck RACE thread --- Mid Ohio

Everything falls into place for her much of the race to have a mediocre result and she can’t even deliver that.

This experiment needs to end already.
dude you are obsessed with Halie Deegan.

Give it a rest already.

aslong as she got a sponsor she will have a ride.Its not the end of the world you need to accept that and get on with your life.

The problem is, if they do it every week, they’re not learning. And that’s been trending the case for a few years now.

It really starts at the grassroots levels, kids are hopping into big cars younger than ever and for the most part they’re not even working on them on their own. Over time that behavior trickles up into the national series.

The problem is, if they do it every week, they’re not learning. And that’s been trending the case for a few years now.

It really starts at the grassroots levels, kids are hopping into big cars younger than ever and for the most part they’re not even working on them on their own. Over time that behavior trickles up into the national series.

I could care less if they are "learning". I don't have a dime invested in any of them. I do have enough sense to pay attention to the top 5 or so drivers instead of screaming like a meme when somebody wrecks.

apologies if this has been posted, I just snuck in here to see who won the truck race today and well just catching up with whats going on in this thread........seems like Will is a prime candidate to be a new poster here.

They are probably wrong also. I mean what does he know? He just does it for a living. Not like the good folks here who sit on their couch!

I could care less if they are "learning". I don't have a dime invested in any of them. I do have enough sense to pay attention to the top 5 or so drivers instead of screaming like a meme when somebody wrecks.
Well it’s good that you do care at least a little bit about them learning. That’s growth.

The Truck Series is worthless as a development series, it just reinforces bad habits. It's the same with ARCA.

if I'm trying to develop a driver, I have them run the CARS Series and then just move them to Xfinity.

I’ve lost so much interest in this sport these days that I don’t even know the schedule anymore.
I used to know what race was next. The racing is so different now that I don’t know.

The Truck Series is worthless as a development series, it just reinforces bad habits. It's the same with ARCA.

if I'm trying to develop a driver, I have them run the CARS Series and then just move them to Xfinity.

Eh, Zane Smith has done well in his Cup starts. I think there’s talent, but it’s diminishing.

NASCAR & ARCA doesn’t know how to properly develop talent anymore. It’s funny that the CARS Tour is more of a development series.

We’re asking kids who are not anywhere near developed, mentally or physically, to be pro athletes before they hit puberty. It’s ridiculous.

Elementary school kids in Pro Late Models. Middle school kids fast tracked to ARCA.

It’s immoral.

We’re asking kids who are not anywhere near developed, mentally or physically, to be pro athletes before they hit puberty. It’s ridiculous.

Elementary school kids in Pro Late Models. Middle school kids fast tracked to ARCA.

It’s immoral.
I was just thinking about why this is still the case, when we've seen that most of the times drivers get better with some age/maturity/experience anyway, and I think it boils down to the economics of it.

It's rich parents that are pushing their young drivers up the ladder, and the thing is, the sooner you can make it to the professional/paid/Cup level, the sooner you'll start seeing the return on your investment. Back in the day, we'd see drivers grinding into their 20s still trying to make it, and struggling along the way in "broke racing" for years. It seems like the patience for that is gone. Nobody that's broke can even dream about getting into this stuff anymore, so you have wealthy people backing every aspect of it, and they want results and they want them now.

I also think parents of racers are treating it with the same typical timeline that all other major sports follow, which is basically the collegiate athlete timeline. You have to be a young phenom, then gearing up for the big leagues during your late teen/early 20s, and then by 22 you're going Pro. That's basically what we're seeing now, is the perception that early 20s is Cup or Bust. Josh Berry is a huge outlier to that, but that is now exceedingly rare.

So it's two-fold IMO. You've got to have people stop pushing racing like it's a collegiate type of sport, because it isn't, but you also have to have these parents understand that the grind takes time, but good luck with that too. And then also the owners need to come back to earth and be reminded that the Josh Berrys of the world do exist, but when the most rabid parents with the most cash are shoving their money in your face, it's hard to remember that.

I'm starting to feel embarrassed reading this thread.

I was just thinking about why this is still the case, when we've seen that most of the times drivers get better with some age/maturity/experience anyway, and I think it boils down to the economics of it.

It's rich parents that are pushing their young drivers up the ladder, and the thing is, the sooner you can make it to the professional/paid/Cup level, the sooner you'll start seeing the return on your investment. Back in the day, we'd see drivers grinding into their 20s still trying to make it, and struggling along the way in "broke racing" for years. It seems like the patience for that is gone. Nobody that's broke can even dream about getting into this stuff anymore, so you have wealthy people backing every aspect of it, and they want results and they want them now.

I also think parents of racers are treating it with the same typical timeline that all other major sports follow, which is basically the collegiate athlete timeline. You have to be a young phenom, then gearing up for the big leagues during your late teen/early 20s, and then by 22 you're going Pro. That's basically what we're seeing now, is the perception that early 20s is Cup or Bust. Josh Berry is a huge outlier to that, but that is now exceedingly rare.

So it's two-fold IMO. You've got to have people stop pushing racing like it's a collegiate type of sport, because it isn't, but you also have to have these parents understand that the grind takes time, but good luck with that too. And then also the owners need to come back to earth and be reminded that the Josh Berrys of the world do exist, but when the most rabid parents with the most cash are shoving their money in your face, it's hard to remember that.
Josh Berry, Ross Chastain, Ryan Preece, plenty of drivers getting a shot in their late 20s or early 30s.

Then you have drivers who moved back to Xfinity and are benefiting from it. JHN and Custer are good examples and it might not hurt Harrison Burton to go back for a year.

It's a sign of the times. Kids like Brexton and Keelan have been racing since they were able to hold a wheel and plenty of other kids who aren't famous also have been doing the same thing. You stick and ballers should know this.

I think they should get more practice again. To me it seems like the amount of wrecks and GWC finishes has increased a lot in the last 2-3 years. They used to have two or three 50-minute practice sessions every weekend, now it's just 20 minutes of practice for them at most tracks. No wonder they wreck more often.
As good as iracing might be, it doesn't replace actual seat time. There should be 90 minutes of practice for every non-plate race.
t really starts at the grassroots levels, kids are hopping into big cars younger than ever and for the most part they’re not even working on them on their own. Over time that behavior trickles up into the national series
I agree. We wouldn't see drivers taking each other out intentionally if they actually had to work on their stuff.

I think they should get more practice again. To me it seems like the amount of wrecks and GWC finishes has increased a lot in the last 2-3 years. They used to have two or three 50-minute practice sessions every weekend, now it's just 20 minutes of practice for them at most tracks. No wonder they wreck more often.
As good as iracing might be, it doesn't replace actual seat time. There should be 90 minutes of practice for every non-plate race.

I agree. We wouldn't see drivers taking each other out intentionally if they actually had to work on their stuff.

I don’t have a problem with 2-day weekends for a lot of teams and drivers, but yeah I agree on the practice.

Back
Top Bottom