Ty Gibbs Appreciation Thread

He turned 20 years old today. What exactly has he done to be considered a “crappy human being”.
Agreed, crappy human beings are people that hurt animals for fun or are racist or stuff like that, Gibbs is just a punk kid, you could call him an a$$hole too, but I haven't seen anything to make him a crappy human beings.

Ty Gibbs is a punk. Can’t wait to watch the 18 car get walled by a veteran next season..... hopefully KFB in the 8 who is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Tyler Reddick I might add.

Right now I don't appreciate him at all. Maybe in a few years if he matures a little I will. He's definitely talented, but being successful at the highest level usually takes more. He IS just a kid, but for somebody that theoretically has been groomed for this role for quite some time, I would expect a little more maturity and poise. The obvious comparison would be Chase Elliott.

He turned 20 years old today. What exactly has he done to be considered a “crappy human being”.
As someone that has been groomed his entire life to get to the point he is at currently, he is continually making dangerous choices

Sieg, Mayer, Gragson, Allgaier, Dillion incidents are all sign of this in his really young career

If a back marker did the same things over a 2 year span, most would be calling for him to be booted

As someone that has been groomed his entire life to get to the point he is at currently, he is continually making dangerous choices

Sieg, Mayer, Gragson, Allgaier, Dillion incidents are all sign of this in his really young career

If a back marker did the same things over a 2 year span, most would be calling for him to be booted
Everything you just said is true and I agree with, still doesn't make him a crappy human being.

Everything you just said is true and I agree with, still doesn't make him a crappy human being.
^^^^
My thoughts exactly.

Right now I don't appreciate him at all. Maybe in a few years if he matures a little I will. He's definitely talented, but being successful at the highest level usually takes more. He IS just a kid, but for somebody that theoretically has been groomed for this role for quite some time, I would expect a little more maturity and poise. The obvious comparison would be Chase Elliott.
Depends on what you are looking for. Chase Elliott isn't for everyone. The bull**** that he tries harder than everybody is nauseating. They ALL try hard. That's Chase's narrative, and that's okay, but not everybody is drawn to the sport by Boy Scouts. I like Ty. He is who he is, and at 20 years old, he is still figuring that out like we all do/did. He is doing it in front of millions. I like that he is raised a certain (admirable) way, yet strays frequently. He is learning about racing and life at the same time. I love the struggle. I love the swagger.

Depends on what you are looking for. Chase Elliott isn't for everyone. The bull**** that he tries harder than everybody is nauseating. They ALL try hard. That's Chase's narrative, and that's okay, but not everybody is drawn to the sport by Boy Scouts. I like Ty. He is who he is, and at 20 years old, he is still figuring that out like we all do/did. He is doing it in front of millions. I like that he is raised a certain (admirable) way, yet strays frequently. He is learning about racing and life at the same time. I love the struggle. I love the swagger.

"He tries harder?" I've never even HEARD that one. I'm talking about acting like an adult and conducting himself in a professional manner when you're representing million and billion dollar corporations. If Ty was Joe Blow from Pigs Knuckle Arkansas, I would probably cut him some more slack, but when you grow up on the inside of one of the top two or three organizations in the whole sport, I expect a little more of a finished product in the maturity department, and knowing how to conduct yourself during the race weekend and handle things when they don't go your way.

Because it's an imaginary narrative existing only in one fan's mind. But don't worry, he'll be back to tell you all about Chase's "brand" based off of something Claire B. Lang said on SiriusXM back in 2017.

That might explain it. I MAY have spent five minutes in my entire life listening to anything Claire B. Lang was saying. Nothing personal, I just don't.

He’s a petulant child ... blame the parents.

I can imagine him acting out angrily since he was a toddler. That move on pit road with people standing right there could have ruined lives, including his.
He will get better. We could start a thread of all of the dumb**** stuff done at 19 or 20 done by posters that could have changed or ruined lives....and if honesty was a requirement, it would never end. Ty did it on national television. Coy is a really good man, but you will never hear him run his mouth about how he raises his kid...or much else for that matter...and I respect that. You can count on the parenting process is still very much at play.
Because it's an imaginary narrative existing only in one fan's mind. But don't worry, he'll be back to tell you all about Chase's "brand" based off of something Claire B. Lang said on SiriusXM back in 2017.
Anything critical of Chase is an imaginary narrative. I get that.
That might explain it. I MAY have spent five minutes in my entire life listening to anything Claire B. Lang was saying. Nothing personal, I just don't.
Probably a good idea.

Narrative #1: 2017 "Chase can't close the deal" since he let a couple wins get away.

Narrative #2: 2017 "Chase tries harder" than everyone else.

The first narrative is critical, fair, and oh yeah, it was actually considered a "narrative" because it was a common talking point. The second narrative only exists in your world. In other words: bogus. But sure, keep painting this picture like the fans and media and everyone are actually saying this stuff. It's ironic how a guy so concerned about false narratives seems to create your own out of thin air.

But let's get back on topic. How about the narrative surrounding Ty Gibbs? We are seeing a pattern of douchebaggery from ARCA to Xfinity to Cup like we have never seen before. You can call it "swagger" and I'll call it what it is, a spoiled punk who needs to mature a ton before he should be in Cup.

Dang woman will work herself to heart attack status. She needs to concede some airtime to others. Ty needs a timeout.

He will get better. We could start a thread of all of the dumb**** stuff done at 19 or 20 done by posters that could have changed or ruined lives....and if honesty was a requirement, it would never end. Ty did it on national television. Coy is a really good man, but you will never hear him run his mouth about how he raises his kid...or much else for that matter...and I respect that. You can count on the parenting process is still very much at play.

Probably a good idea.

Most everybody makes a mistake or two before they wise up, but Ty is on about number seven or eight. He has to realize that as the boss's grandson and son he is VERY MUCH in the public eye, and ANYTHING he does will get twice as much scrutiny as the average driver. If he indeed replaces Kyle in the 18, it's going to get worse by a factor of about ten, and if he thinks it's bad now, he hasn't seen ANYTHING yet. I'm sure Kyle's fan base as well as the Gibbs haters and the Toyota haters and the silver spoon haters and the haven't paid their dues haters will be right there to point out every time he spits on a sidewalk. The question you have to ask is, is he mature enough to handle what is coming when it REALLY matters? Some of us have our doubts.

Narrative #1: 2017 "Chase can't close the deal" since he let a couple wins get away.

Narrative #2: 2017 "Chase tries harder" than everyone else.

The first narrative is critical, fair, and oh yeah, it was actually considered a "narrative" because it was a common talking point. The second narrative only exists in your world. In other words: bogus. But sure, keep painting this picture like the fans and media and everyone are actually saying this stuff. It's ironic how a guy so concerned about false narratives seems to create your own out of thin air.

But let's get back on topic. How about the narrative surrounding Ty Gibbs? We are seeing a pattern of douchebaggery from ARCA to Xfinity to Cup like we have never seen before. You can call it "swagger" and I'll call it what it is, a spoiled punk who needs to mature a ton before he should be in Cup.
Narrative #3: Narratives 1 and 2 piss Chase fans off.
Ty doesn't need to do **** other than the obvious, and he will be just fine.

A first person plural pronoun referring to a group of two or more.

Non-gendered.
Thank you. So, "'some' of us" could be a relatively insignificant number in the big scheme of things regardless of gender to your point?

Narrative #3: Narratives 1 and 2 piss Chase fans off.
Ty doesn't need to do **** other than the obvious, and he will be just fine.

Again, Narrative #2 doesn't exist. Only in your world. And Narrative #1, while accurate at the time, hasn't been a thing in years. So, yeah, trust me when I say I'm not the least bit pissed off :biggrin:

Thank you. So, "'some' of us" could be a relatively insignificant number in the big scheme of things regardless of gender to your point?
Yes.

Could be as low as 2 men or 2 women or 1 man and 1woman. For the purposes of this discourse, I’m leaving the other genders out of it.

Yes.

Could be as low as 2 men or 2 women or 1 man and 1woman. For the purposes of this discourse, I’m leaving the other genders out of it.
Thank you. Your simplicity is appreciated.

1668660665218.png

Let's ****** go!

Still appreciating our Xfinity Champion.

Probably a good idea.

Ty Gibbs is one helluva driver with infinite resources to back him up on many fronts and he lacks self-discipline while maintaining a selfish and arrogant attitude. Unlike Jeff Gordon whose early training included how to compose himself and react in different situations, when being interviewed and acting as spokes person for his sponsor(s). I can only think Ty had those same opportunities but was apparently given free rein as his actions show him to be the petulant youth.

Ty has a bagful of crap to get rid of and it will all take time. Look for him to turn into a more polished driver and team mate and become a better spokesman for his sponsors, to give praise to his team and JGR employees who make it all possible for him to be where he is and say it in a way that sounds sincere. It will take time but how much is anybody's guess. In the interim, give him some room but hold him accountable. He is more scared and confused than anyone else closing the gap from teenager to manhood and he knows what he must do now that he is the "man of the house." In more ways than one.

Ty Gibbs is one helluva driver with infinite resources to back him up on many fronts and he lacks self-discipline while maintaining a selfish and arrogant attitude. Unlike Jeff Gordon whose early training included how to compose himself and react in different situations, when being interviewed and acting as spokes person for his sponsor(s). I can only think Ty had those same opportunities but was apparently given free rein as his actions show him to be the petulant youth.

Ty has a bagful of crap to get rid of and it will all take time. Look for him to turn into a more polished driver and team mate and become a better spokesman for his sponsors, to give praise to his team and JGR employees who make it all possible for him to be where he is and say it in a way that sounds sincere. It will take time but how much is anybody's guess. In the interim, give him some room but hold him accountable. He is more scared and confused than anyone else closing the gap from teenager to manhood and he knows what he must do now that he is the "man of the house." In more ways than one.
Good post....but I don't buy the man of the house thing. He is a son. It's not his job. Having said that, I believe that you will see him live out of respect for his Dad....and the message that his Dad communicated to him days before his death. In my opinion, this is the only kind of life event that can change a person immediately. I do believe that the Gibbs family is legit despite the stupid "Preacher" references we see here all of the time. Whether you believe as they do or not, their faith and Coy's memory will guide Ty in a better direction. It is going to be inspiring to witness, honestly.

I agree but still feel the specter of being the only "man" in the house of the late Coy Gibbs looms large over Ty.
Do not know what message his Dad gave him days prior to his demise

I agree but still feel the specter of being the only "man" in the house of the late Coy Gibbs looms large over Ty.
Do not know what message his Dad gave him days prior to his demise
I listened to Claire B. Lang interview Coy on the way back to my hotel from the track in Phoenix. Coy spoke as a Dad...and while he didn't reveal specific quotes or anything, we can all be assured that he left his son with a clear vision of who he needed to be. It was a truly incredible interview. The bull**** at Martinsville coupled with the euphoria of Phoenix unexpectedly provided the ups and downs of life serving as a foundation for the most crucial of lessons Coy taught his son.....a lesson that will never be re-taught Father to Son, and I truly believe that Ty understands that.

I love that Ty stays in the 54....Selfishly....my march is still legit....and secondly, I think it will suppress the references to KB and comparisons, etc.....

Sometimes you must observe the talent and overlook the immaturity. It, like fine wine and a successful marriage, all come together for a more perfect union.

Hirschman with Ty next year. Hell yes. Been waiting on that. Gale, Hirschman, and Ty....I like it.

Back
Top Bottom