Tyler Dippel Suspended from NASCAR

Bob Pockrass
What I know: #NASCAR confirms what Jim Utter reported -- Tyler Dippel has been suspended for a member conduct violation (no details given). Team has not announced who will drive truck this weekend.

Bob Pockrass
a member conduct violation is a wide-ranging category that can be anything from on an-track/off-track physical confrontation, threat, etc with driver/crew member/NASCAR official to a disparaging discriminatory statement to an arrest of something that NASCAR considers significant.
Could be almost anything.

Reason I've seen was drug related. Something about drugs found in his car or something, Nothing confirmed though. I mean could this story be any more vague?

Just throw him into the Road to Recovery. The optics are great. You can recover from anything there apparently...but we really aren't sure what goes on. I do know that AJ Allmendinger doesn't take pills from his friends anymore, but strangers? I am not so sure.

I can't believe he hasn't come out with some canned statement at this time. "I was involved in an unfortunate incident", "I made a poor decision that I regret'.....

I think the longer you let rumors run the worse this will get

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Whatever this is, I will not be surprised. Don't miss him at the local tracks up this way!

It's too vague for me to read into, so I won't jump to any conclusions until something comes up.

I can't believe he hasn't come out with some canned statement at this time. "I was involved in an unfortunate incident", "I made a poor decision that I regret'.....

I think the longer you let rumors run the worse this will get

He is on the Road to Recovery.....Tweeting would be distracted driving, and that would land him extra time on the Road to Recovery, recovering. Cut the guy some slack.

I agree with this guy.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If Tyler Dippel was suspended from NASCAR for conduct detrimental to stock car racing, and no one knows what he did to get suspended, is it really detrimental to stock car racing?</p>&mdash; Jess (@MirrorMan_jls) <a href="">August 25, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just hope it is not something related to actually being a man...like punching the snot out of a whinny PC never been.

He passed a drug test so this is legit possession only. Based on the drugs they are I'd say he can bounce back. However, apparently he has already been on NASCAR'S ****list due to reckless driving tickets, etc.

He gone.

Was it not Denny Hamlin who said all drivers are on aderall
Yes. It's an easy medication to be prescribed and definitely improves performance when driving. There is nothing NASCAR can do about this drug

This is just all kind of wrong!
Its extremely hard to get this drug exempted in NASCAR and IF its ever approved its in very small amounts and you will be tested reguarly.

10:30am and still covered in dirt track grime that’s now 11 or 12 hours old. Speeding, changing lanes with no signal, telling a different story than his passenger about where they came from and where they’re going ... just another Saturday night at the short track.

Too cool for school and too stupid to be a professional racecar driver. Into the meat grinder ... bring me a fresh one.

Has anyone had a successful career after going thru the road to recovery? The Dinger is the only one I can think but I'm not sure I'd call that a successful career.

Now thats a homer article if Ive ever read one.

Why because it doesn't paint the guy in a negative light? It lacks sources but makes sense. People pick up this drug charge all the time. It was a backpack, after a weekend at a race track. Guarantee you there were more bodies in that vehicle than him over the course of the weekend.

The thing that really makes no sense is that the passenger and him couldn't get their story straight.

I'd expect a comment from dipple after the court date tomorrow(?).

Why because it doesn't paint the guy in a negative light? It lacks sources but makes sense. People pick up this drug charge all the time. It was a backpack, after a weekend at a race track. Guarantee you there were more bodies in that vehicle than him over the course of the weekend.

The thing that really makes no sense is that the passenger and him couldn't get their story straight.

I'd expect a comment from dipple after the court date tomorrow(?).
Because it sounds like a written statement from his family. I dont now why he would be leaving the race track 11-12 hours after the race is over covered in dirt like Aunty pointed out. Sounds like they did some all night riding to me. That stuff does tend to keep you up.

Because it sounds like a written statement from his family. I dont now why he would be leaving the race track 11-12 hours after the race is over covered in dirt like Aunty pointed out. Sounds like they did some all night riding to me. That stuff does tend to keep you up.
Why not wait for the facts to be established before 'convicting' the guy of a crime? The exculpatory statements in the article should be easy to check out... either true or false. You're assuming they're false, plus making up additional 'facts' out of thin air... for what purpose? Is there a reason to decide the dude's fate before due process?

I don't know about you, or Aunty either, but there have been occasions in my past where I've suffered from lack of sleep ~12 hours after a race. I once got a chicken sh!t speeding ticket one mile from Summit Point Raceway. I once got tagged for changing lanes without a signal too. Wrote a letter to the judge, and it was dismissed. There may have been times I could have used a shower... what exactly is the acceptable dress code for highway usage?

Why not wait for the facts to be established before 'convicting' the guy of a crime? The exculpatory statements in the article should be easy to check out... either true or false. You're assuming they're false, plus making up additional 'facts' out of thin air... for what purpose? Is there a reason to decide the dude's fate before due process?

I don't know about you, or Aunty either, but there have been occasions in my past where I've suffered from lack of sleep ~12 hours after a race. I once got a chicken sh!t speeding ticket one mile from Summit Point Raceway. I once got tagged for changing lanes without a signal too. Wrote a letter to the judge, and it was dismissed. There may have been times I could have used a shower... what exactly is the acceptable dress code for highway usage?
What did I make up? I simply pointed out what the report said which is they were stopped at 1030 am still dirty from the night before. An illegal substance was found not prescribed to either and both had conflicting stories on where they had been or were going. Ive traveled thousands of miles racing and I cant think of one time where me and whoever else was riding together didnt know where we were going. I cant convict anyone, I just expressed my opinion on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom