Updated 2020 Schedule Thru June 21

A lot of my fellow South Cackalakians are apparently less concerned about this contagion than I am.
I dont know where he got the info short tracks were running and social distancing there is encouraged. Its against Governors orders

Myrtle Beach will close August 18th. No fans allowed in the stands as of this writing. Florence Motor Speedway tried to run with Fans in the stands and Sherrif shut it down. Modifieds at Martinsville on a tuesday? No fans, no TV?
I figured like in year's past TV broadcast would jump on the mod race since it was originally scheduled to be the preliminary to CUP. Didn't know the Sherriff shut DAHN FMS... Anyways, the radar looks like it's all going north of Darlington/Peedee region, we'll get Xfinity in tonight, I'm picking Brandon Brown to win it.

I dont know where he got the info short tracks were running and social distancing there is encouraged. Its against Governors orders
That's what I thought. Excluding exceptions for Darlington and next week Harbour Town, I think sports venues are still closed. I know there's no attendance permitted.

A lot of my fellow South Cackalakians are apparently less concerned about this contagion than I am. I'll just sit tight for a few more weeks.

On the main topic, NASCAR is about to weather test the current schedule. I wonder what track will benefit when these two races are dropped? Did anyone have a rain-out Bold Prediction?

Whut in tarnation is a coronah vahrus? Somethin wrong with that damn beer made by them illegals?

Lol really though the amount of **cks given in the Palmetto State is zero. I'm tired of people trying to shake my hand in meetings.

Whut in tarnation is a coronah vahrus? Somethin wrong with that damn beer made by them illegals?

Lol really though the amount of **cks given in the Palmetto State is zero. I'm tired of people trying to shake my hand in meetings.
Most of those that were partying during the weekend didnt live in South Carolina.

A lot of my fellow South Cackalakians are apparently less concerned about this contagion than I am. I'll just sit tight for a few more weeks.

On the main topic, NASCAR is about to weather test the current schedule. I wonder what track will benefit when these two races are dropped? Did anyone have a rain-out Bold Prediction?

My sister moved to SC about a year ago and she texted me over the weekend saying she guesses everyone got sick of quarantine so they just opened everything up. Obviously you can't read tone into texts but I took it as, I guess these people don't care lol.

I thought MB was closing. Without paying fans, how can a local track afford to run any series?
I'd think, if the modified tour race at MB is actually happening (which is has been reported on several sites but has not been confirmed by NASCAR yet), considering the series wasn't even planning to race at MB in 2020, it would probably be a case of NASCAR renting the track and footing the bill themselves.
If no fans are allowed, it wouldn't be a money maker, but nascar can afford to take that financial hit. If it is the case, maybe they wanna see what kind of procedures they will need to put in place for their short track touring series events? No idea, just speculation... I'm hoping it does happen, and it is WITH fans, but i think nascar is being overly careful. They dont wanna risk some fans contracting the virus, going to the media claiming they got it there, and having all NASCAR races shut down, even the ones that are only for tv and are making a lot of money...
Who knows...

Here is an article from a good reporter on a great website

I guess I'm still a bit surprised they're going to be able to hold the Martinsville race considering how dictatorial the governor of Virginia is.

Unfortunately, politics is playing a part in NASCAR's decision on the schedule. Why do you think they cancelled the Chicago and Sonoma events? One, if not both, Michigan races may suffer the same fate. It's terrible, but that is the reality.

Unfortunately, politics is playing a part in NASCAR's decision on the schedule. Why do you think they cancelled the Chicago and Sonoma events? One, if not both, Michigan races may suffer the same fate. It's terrible, but that is the reality.
Science, not politics at work.

^Please keep politics out of this thread or posts might could go missing

I really wonder when they will treck north up to Michigan, Dover, New Hampshire and those places or are they just going to run them on the schedule as is when all caught up with these coming races in the South. So many interesting moving parts to consider.

Tentative summer schedule, from Jordan Bianchi of The Athletic:

• June 27 and June 28 — Pocono Raceway (Trucks Series also running on Saturday; Xfinity Series on Sunday)
  • July 5 — Indianapolis Motor Speedway
  • July 12 — Kentucky Motor Speedway
  • July 15 (Wednesday) — Charlotte Motor Speedway (All-Star Race)
  • July 19 — Texas Motor Speedway
  • July 23 (Thursday) — Kansas Speedway
  • Aug. 2 — New Hampshire Motor Speedway
  • Aug. 8 and Aug. 9 — Michigan International Speedway

Waiting for the announcement of the first race permitting fans to attend.
That should come as soon as there are a sufficient number of available ICU beds in hospitals in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina and Texas.

There's a tentative schedule thru Aug 9th
Here is NASCAR’s planned schedule through mid-August.

Saturday, June 27 | Pocono Raceway | Trucks
Saturday, June 27 | Pocono Raceway | Cup
Sunday, June 28 | Pocono Raceway | Xfinity
Sunday, June 28 | Pocono Raceway | Cup
Saturday, July 4 | Indianapolis Road Course | Xfinity
Sunday, July 5 | Indianapolis Oval | Cup
Sunday, July 12 | Kentucky | Cup
Wednesday, July 15 | Charlotte All-Star | Cup
Sunday, July 19 | Texas Motor Speedway | Cup
Thursday, July 23 | Kansas Speedway | Cup
Sunday, August 2 | New Hampshire Motor Speedway | Cup
Saturday, August 8 | Michigan International Speedway | Cup
Sunday, August 9 | Michigan International Speedway | Cup

There's a tentative schedule thru Aug 9th
Here is NASCAR’s planned schedule through mid-August.

Saturday, June 27 | Pocono Raceway | Trucks
Saturday, June 27 | Pocono Raceway | Cup
Sunday, June 28 | Pocono Raceway | Xfinity
Sunday, June 28 | Pocono Raceway | Cup
Saturday, July 4 | Indianapolis Road Course | Xfinity
Sunday, July 5 | Indianapolis Oval | Cup
Sunday, July 12 | Kentucky | Cup
Wednesday, July 15 | Charlotte All-Star | Cup
Sunday, July 19 | Texas Motor Speedway | Cup
Thursday, July 23 | Kansas Speedway | Cup
Sunday, August 2 | New Hampshire Motor Speedway | Cup
Saturday, August 8 | Michigan International Speedway | Cup
Sunday, August 9 | Michigan International Speedway | Cup

Are they planning on running the full 36 race schedule?

If the 4th/5th didn't fall on a weekend I likely could have gone to Indy. As it is Kentucky and NHIS still remain possibilities.

I would absolutely be down for the Michigan double-header if they allow fans!

I have 2/3 (if I went to both Pocono races) events to make up for.

Back
Top Bottom