Verizon 200@Indianapolis Road Course Pre Race

NASCAR always ran races during NFL/College Football games and now it’s a problem? I’m not buying that. Put a product out there fans will enjoy and they’ll show up or watch on TV. Now races are getting blacked out in markets for NFL games? My question is what changed to make it this way

Reactions: Pat
Begrudgingly they have to. There were talks to push it back but the TV networks said no
I believe the owners also were against moving the calendar. The Players Union was open to investigating it but it was more Adam Silver looking to make changes. IMO there’s nothing wrong with the NBA season, the time frame works well

All traditions were once new and started somewhere. The only thing that stops new traditions from being made is old traditions standing in the way.

I imagine that if Indy was looking to be on the NASCAR schedule in 2022, there would be naysayers with the opinion that it ruins the legacy and tradition of IndyCar at the track. Blah blah.
I always thought the tradition of the Indianapolis 500 is what made running NASCAR at the track very cool, the fact NASCAR could carve out its own race on the oval just made it so eye opening to me. I felt the same about F1 racing it’s US Grand Prix there on the road course.

And then the 28th , my local market is going to be airing the Cardinals game instead of Daytona, least I have time to make alternative plans to watch .

Here is that list
DC, Baltimore, Tampa, Phoenix, Chattanooga, Des Moines, Birmingham AL and Memphis
Wow, that’s three of the top fifteen markets in there. I wonder if they think twice about that move going forward.

NASCAR always ran races during NFL/College Football games and now it’s a problem? I’m not buying that. Put a product out there fans will enjoy and they’ll show up or watch on TV. Now races are getting blacked out in markets for NFL games? My question is what changed to make it this way
There’s nothing new about this. This weekend just happens to be the first one this year with both a race and a football game. We’ve discussed local affiliates overriding the network programming before, usually around this time of year, for whatever network has had the fall coverage.

Been a problem since 2010. These races that are being affected now used to be shown on ESPN and TNT. Then, in 2010, night races got shifted over to ABC and the pre-empting business started.

Hot take incoming: Quit whining, the Brickyard 400 was never a crown jewel. If it wasn't part of the Winston Million, it's not a crown jewel. :cool:

Are you that oblivious? The NFL/NCAAF have became really THAT big. In 2019 the LSU/Bama game pulled 17 million viewers and OSU/Mich pulled 13 million viewers. The Cowboys/Steelers preseason game pulled 7.3 million viewers last week.

Those games are pulling so many people that all other sports are an afterthought in September-January

Are you that oblivious? The NFL/NCAAF have became really THAT big. In 2019 the LSU/Bama game pulled 17 million viewers and OSU/Mich pulled 13 million viewers. The Cowboys/Steelers preseason game pulled 7.3 million viewers last week.

Those games are pulling so many people that all other sports are an afterthought in September-January
Fantasy football is what spiked NFL ratings the past 15 years

Oblivious....Maybe. I never understand this place trying to compete compete with NFL and College Football. Or scared of them. Racing and football are apples and oranges anyway, I never as a fan of both feared one or the other being on at the same time. Plus NASCAR was always usually done by the time the NFL and College hit the stretch runs of their seasons. I’m not a proponent of directly competing with them for eyeballs all season, but for maybe a month and a half at worst till Nascar ends their season the first month of November I don’t think is the end of the world. I always personally watch both, especially right now that I can watch one on tv and one on a computer or IPad. Of course this is just me, but I’ve always found a way to watch what I wanted even if something else I wanted to watch shared the same time slot (College Football/NASCAR or NFL/NASCAR) So I guess I’ve always been a bit oblivious to answer your question that you led off with.

I think they need to consider single file restarts here. It’s an absolute ****show doing double file, stack up is so bad on the rundown

I think they need to consider single file restarts here. It’s an absolute ****show doing double file, stack up is so bad on the rundown
One day I'm going to design a roadie with the first turn being a sweeping turn like RA's carousel. That should cut back on the first turn FUBARs.

Having said that, I have no problem with double file starts here.

I thought these 2 were really good friends for some reason, I guess from all the dirt stuff. It's not seeming that they're very close.

As much as I dislike JGR and all their drivers, and as much as I wish I could throw Bell into that group of guys I'm rooting against, I just can't (yet). I really don't have an issue with anything he said here.

I thought these 2 were really good friends for some reason, I guess from all the dirt stuff. It's not seeming that they're very close.

They were. Things haven't really been the same between them since this in 2019.

And since Larson won the last two Chili Bowls after getting beat by Bell three straight times before that.

Props to CBell for his maturity in this interview. I was getting frustrated for him, for having to answer the same question multiple times. It's none of our business what's said behind the scenes. FFS

with cup cars being here for the first time on the road course does that give Byron the track record?

That safety truck on the track during hot laps was a big yikes lol wtf.

Back
Top Bottom