Verizon 200@Indianapolis Road Course Pre Race

Shake N Bake

1628713737029.png
1628713808267.png

How? Of the 4 races that he was running his average finish is 8.75. Two top 5s and a top 10, the outlier being a P21 finish in his rookie season. I still consider that being proficient.
The exception to him being the "best car". That's all I meant. He's had THE dominant car at every RC on the circuit, with the exception of Sonoma. That's not to say he isn't elite of elite there, he just has not dominated there yet. That's all.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reading this thread reminds me of the discussion after Chicagoland and Kentucky were removed from the schedule. Nearly everyone here hated the Brickyard 400, now everyone misses it.
Cup and IndyCar on the same track during the same weekend sounds like something I'd love to attend.
I love the Brickyard 400. To me it's always been an event, regardless of if the race is a snooze fest.

I was outraged when they replaced it with the road course. Still am and I find it gimmicky.

Even though the oval was a gimmick too lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reading this thread reminds me of the discussion after Chicagoland and Kentucky were removed from the schedule. Nearly everyone here hated the Brickyard 400, now everyone misses it.
Cup and IndyCar on the same track during the same weekend sounds like something I'd love to attend.
Goodyear ruined by bring tires that lasted 400 miles

I think I was the only one on here that loved Chicagoland before it was cool to love it. I miss that place.

What justifies a crown jewel? I think NASCAR calling Indy a crown jewel by leeching off the prestige of Indy Car is fairly stupid. If we want crown jewels to be historic tracks, then I would put Martinsville, Richmond and Bristol in that category.

I wish it was on the oval but I will still watch and probably enjoy it even though it isn't.

After listening to DBC this week, I have taken their advice and decided that Indy Road course was the WORST idea ever and that it is singlehandedly destroying the fabric of racing as we know it. We are running entirely too many road courses, and it's just to appeal those cheats at Hendrick. Chase sucks, it's only his cheated up cars and the Hendrick Track Attack program selling old cup cars as a front to test said cheats that makes him a road warrior.

There, glad I got that off my chest. It's been so fun to listen this year while Bret is "retired," TJ is in a suck year, and Freddie can't get Denny's **** out of his mouth long enough to admit that his guy is sucking too.

What justifies a crown jewel? I think NASCAR calling Indy a crown jewel by leeching off the prestige of Indy Car is fairly stupid. If we want crown jewels to be historic tracks, then I would put Martinsville, Richmond and Bristol in that category.

imo, whether the Brickyard 400 was considered a "crown jewel" is immaterial.

The point being made by the drivers interviewed is that the reason the Cup race at Indianapolis ever had any significance to them is that it was run on the historic oval.

A Cup-suitable road course, as we're finding out, is hardly unique in any way, shape, or form.

Those markets are really going to put preseason football on, games where not a whole lot of stars are going to play, over NASCAR lol. This sport will never be taken seriously again I'm afraid.

To be more specific, WITN serves Greenville, New Bern and Jacksonville. And internet streaming ain't an option for a lot of people in the Eastern North Carolina markets.

I said this when ABC had NASCAR and I stand by it, EVERY race held on Saturday night or during Preseason Football should be aired on FS1 or NBCSN (or is it USA now).

I said this when ABC had NASCAR and I stand by it, EVERY race held on Saturday night or during Preseason Football should be aired on FS1 or NBCSN (or is it USA now).
Or shorten the season by running doubleheaders and midweek races so that there is no fear of competing with the NFL. They could still get 36 races in before September and with the season finale now being in Phoenix, could run it on Monday night in primetime since the threat of rain is minuscule.

And then the 28th , my local market is going to be airing the Cardinals game instead of Daytona, least I have time to make alternative plans to watch .

Here is that list
DC, Baltimore, Tampa, Phoenix, Chattanooga, Des Moines, Birmingham AL and Memphis

Or shorten the season by running doubleheaders and midweek races so that there is no fear of competing with the NFL. They could still get 36 races in before September and with the season finale now being in Phoenix, could run it on Monday night in primetime since the threat of rain is minuscule.
No need to shorten the season that much. The weekday racing experiment last year was a total bust. This is a handful of races that should be moved to cable.

Daytona is supposed to be in July and unaffected anyway.

NASCAR has just taken a clean old fashioned piss on so many traditions that nothing is sacred anymore anyway.

No need to shorten the season that much. The weekday racing experiment last year was a total bust. This is a handful of races that should be moved to cable.

NASCAR has just taken a clean old fashioned piss on so many traditions that nothing is sacred anymore anyway.
I'm actually liking the IndyCar and NASCAR double-header more, tbh.

No recency bias or anything, but the value of watching of open-wheel and stock cars is a great overall value for the fans. July at Daytona is great, however things have been shaken up for a reason.

Traditions are cool, but if I can get both IndyCar and NASCAR at the same time... It's a win for me and fans alike, it gives fans of both respects to see what makes each other tick. Possibly gain new fans, who knows?

No recency bias or anything, but the value of watching of open-wheel and stock cars is a great overall value for the fans. July at Daytona is great, however things have been shaken up for a reason.

Traditions are cool, but if I can get both IndyCar and NASCAR at the same time... It's a win for me and fans alike, it gives fans of both respects to see what makes each other tick. Possibly gain new fans, who knows?
I don’t hate the Indy/NASCAR double but I do hate losing another crowned jewel.

The problem is NASCAR wants to change everything for the sake of change.

I don’t hate the Indy/NASCAR double but I do hate losing another crowned jewel.

The problem is NASCAR wants to change everything for the sake of change.
Why because it was on the oval?

It's still within the same facility, but because of a configuration alteration it changes the formality of it being considered a "crown jewel"?

I get it, but meh. The racing was meh on the oval, a lot more misses than hits. Like 2008 or 2015 or 16. Hell, I don't even remember 2014 being interesting outside of the last restart.

I care more about a solid overall deal. Another road course, but Indy is such a huge racing market... It would suck to see it get left behind. The change was needed to generate more interest in the NASCAR event.

Why because it was on the oval?

It's still within the same facility, but because of a configuration alteration it changes the formality of it being considered a "crown jewel"?

I get it, but meh. The racing was meh on the oval, a lot more misses than hits. Like 2008 or 2015 or 16. Hell, I don't even remember 2014 being interesting outside of the last restart.

I care more about a solid overall deal. Another road course, but Indy is such a huge racing market... It would suck to see it get left behind. The change was needed to generate more interest in the NASCAR event.
It’s not the Brickyard 400 anymore, and the road course is different from the oval. It would be like running the Daytona 500 on the DIS road course and it actually being the Daytona 253.

NASCAR has been down this road of messing with traditions and doing away with crowned jewel races before.

Hell I’d settle for an Indy/Cup doubleheader one weekend then the 400 the next and run NXS and Trucks at IRP while at it.

People forget all the time that NASCAR is going through the same difficulties every other non-Football sport is. Heck even the NBA and NHL are thinking about trying to start their seasons later to avoid the attendance/TV ratings crush that competing against football is.

Verbatim in this country right now the NFL is No.1 and College Football is a clear cut No. 2. It’s not even close how big those are to everything else

People forget all the time that NASCAR is going through the same difficulties every other non-Football sport is. Heck even the NBA and NHL are thinking about trying to start their seasons later to avoid the attendance/TV ratings crush that competing against football is.

Verbatim in this country right now the NFL is No.1 and College Football is a clear cut No. 2. It’s not even close how big those are to everything else
NBA is going back to their regular calendar as of this coming season. Mid October start through NBA Finals in June...the only reason things have been off kilter this past season was because Covid delayed the end of the 19-20 season. I believe the NHL is doing the same thing this year too, back to regular calendar

NBA is going back to their regular calendar as of this coming season. Mid October start through NBA Finals in June...the only reason things have been off kilter this past season was because Covid delayed the end of the 19-20 season. I believe the NHL is doing the same thing this year too, back to regular calendar

Begrudgingly they have to. There were talks to push it back but the TV networks said no

All traditions were once new and started somewhere. The only thing that stops new traditions from being made is old traditions standing in the way.

I imagine that if Indy was looking to be on the NASCAR schedule in 2022, there would be naysayers with the opinion that it ruins the legacy and tradition of IndyCar at the track. Blah blah.

Daytona or elsewhere, whatever races are run on NBC will be affected. Fans in some areas are going to have to work around football if they're going to see the overridden races, regardless of whether the affected weekends are at Daytona or somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom