Video Game thread

So Gran Turismo Sport has been pushed backed to 2017

And NASCAR Heat Evolution will have the Darlington paint schemes.

Ahh, I was not aware that it was a DLC.

Yep. Still a day one purchase for me....and I'll probably be weak enough to eventually buy this lol; particularly if it has the Hooters and Tide schemes.

Yep. Still a day one purchase for me....and I'll probably be weak enough to eventually buy this lol; particularly if it has the Hooters and Tide schemes.
Oh yes, I am still getting it , and I am sure I will spring for the DLC too at some point.

I figured we would have seen some leaked gameplay by now. Really interested to see how hard the hardest AI mode is.

Somebody posted a photo of the install size and it's like 8GB WTF lol.

I figured we would have seen some leaked gameplay by now. Really interested to see how hard the hardest AI mode is.

Somebody posted a photo of the install size and it's like 8GB WTF lol.

Hmm...Madden 17 was about 20 GB. I would think NASCAR would be more GB eating than football, where all the fields are relatively the same. One of the first red flags I've had in a while. I know on PS4, there is sometimes a secondary download that downloads after the game is playable. Perhaps that is the case here?

Yeah not for sure. I just saw where some people were downloading it from the store and it's a 8gb download.

14237683_1865965726964746_231324952891236977_n.jpg

I am probably wont be getting it till next weekend, so hopefully I will hear good things about the game during that time period.

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about a smaller storage size. My favorite PS4 game so far is Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, which is technically a slightly polished up port of a 360/PS3 game, and it's only around 8 gigs in size. If the game is good, the game is good.

Also want to reiterate how much fun F1 2016 is. I'm not even a fan of F1 and I love it. If you like racing games and you haven't bought this yet, just buy it already. I've heard that it's good with a wheel, but I'm using a controller and I'm doing just fine with it. I finally manned up and turned off all of the assists tonight (except for the best line indicator, since I don't know most of these tracks), and I feel like I'm running faster now. It's so much friggin' fun, man.

Also want to reiterate how much fun F1 2016 is. I'm not even a fan of F1 and I love it. If you like racing games and you haven't bought this yet, just buy it already. I've heard that it's good with a wheel, but I'm using a controller and I'm doing just fine with it. I finally manned up and turned off all of the assists tonight (except for the best line indicator, since I don't know most of these tracks), and I feel like I'm running faster now. It's so much friggin' fun, man.

I still haven't comitted yet.

I dont buy games willy nilly anymore. I'm methodical and presise these days.

I refuse to throw away money like I always do when buying games. Knowing Codemasters, I guess I'm afraid this game will be too hard both in terms of difficulty and control wise.

Is there a happy medium where you're not getting destroyed but are competitive? Not knowing anything about F1 I'm hesitent.

I have project Cars and what I like about that game is that it has a difficulty slider instead of just easy/medium/hard.

I play it around 70% and I be rolling like a boss but not putting 5 or 10 seconds on everyone.

I still haven't comitted yet.

I dont buy games willy nilly anymore. I'm methodical and presise these days.

I refuse to throw away money like I always do when buying games. Knowing Codemasters, I guess I'm afraid this game will be too hard both in terms of difficulty and control wise.

Is there a happy medium where you're not getting destroyed but are competitive? Not knowing anything about F1 I'm hesitent.

I have project Cars and what I like about that game is that it has a difficulty slider instead of just easy/medium/hard.

I play it around 70% and I be rolling like a boss but not putting 5 or 10 seconds on everyone.
Honestly, I feel like the game can be as easy or difficult as you want it to be. It's much easier than Dirt Rally, which I pretty much hated. It didn't take me long to pick it up at all, and if I can do it, you can certainly do it. The cars are a blast to drive.

Set traction control to full and turn ABS on, and you shouldn't have any car control issues whatsoever, but without traction control, you can run a little faster. It's difficult at first without it, but you just have to remember not to go full throttle until your car is completely straight and in a higher gear when coming out of a corner. With the AI on Easy, after running a few practice laps, I usually qualify around four or five seconds faster per lap on the same tires as them. There are no AI sliders, but there are plenty of difficulty levels, and I believe Easy is the second easiest difficulty level.

I was skeptical at first too, because I know absolutely nothing about F1, other than some of the drivers and teams, but I don't regret buying it one bit. I keep it simple and do five lap races on Easy, so I don't have to worry about setups, pitting, tire rules, etc. All that stuff is there if you want it, though. It's so much fun, man.

I've never really been a fan of F1, but I do enjoy the F1 games. I'll be picking it up after NASCAR Heat.

Well I watched a guy play NASCAR Heat Evolution on a live stream, the game looks decent. The tracks actually look pretty good from what I could tell. He played it on regular mode and it doesn't look that great, but the sim mode the car looked like it would be pretty fun to drive. The damage wasn't that great, but I don't care about that anyways, I just want a fun driving experience. The AI it's hard to tell, I'm not for sure if he was running on the hardest settting or not. The smoke is annoying, and the sounds are straight from the old NASCAR Heat games lol. It will be interesting to give it a try anyways and see how it drives.

I was skeptical at first too, because I know absolutely nothing about F1, other than some of the drivers and teams, but I don't regret buying it one bit. I keep it simple and do five lap races on Easy, so I don't have to worry about setups, pitting, tire rules, etc. All that stuff is there if you want it, though. It's so much fun, man.

I would definitely be a 100% guy.

You only do 5 laps? lol you're not taking advantage of the game.

That is also what worries me since I like to do races the right way. I have no idea how to set up the car for the longer runs or even have the right tire setups.

I supposed I could look online for that though.

I would definitely be a 100% guy.

You only do 5 laps? lol you're not taking advantage of the game.

That is also what worries me since I like to do races the right way. I have no idea how to set up the car for the longer runs or even have the right tire setups.

I supposed I could look online for that though.
There is no right or wrong way. You play it the way you want to play it.

Dude, go buy it. Now.

I'll probably buy it on the PS store by the end of the weekend. I got some spare money I can use.
Good man. :cool:

It really is a good game. I would play it with you guys if I didn't have the world's slowest Internet connection.

I would play it, but I have no cares to give for F-1 racing.

I would play it, but I have no cares to give for F-1 racing.
Oh, I don't either. This game wasn't on my radar at all, and I have little desire to watch F1 on TV. I just like racing in general.

I casually tuned in for most of Spa, which was aight. There were some decent passes at the end of that long straight and Verstappen was driving like a n00b and keeping things interesting. The next race I watched at Italy wasn't nearly as interesting, though. IMO, that was the typical boring race that F1 gets criticized for, high speed parade laps. Of course, having played the game, I now have a little more appreciation for what those guys do.

Picked up Forza Horizon 3 from gamestop yesterday, great game. I wish the Playground games guys could make every racing game.

Red Dead Redemption 2 trailer dropped today, I loved the first one, will have to seriously consider buy a new system for when this comes out.

Yep, they can just take my money right now. Absolutely loved the first one.
I'm just wondering where the plot goes, is it a true sequel or just a name thing like GTA games? I mean the last one was supposed to be the end of the west so I'm not sure what they will do.

Yay for me, getting to take part in the close beta for Gran Turismo Sport

For all you Mass Effect fans...what have you thought of Andromeda? I have only watched a little gameplay online, but so far it looks like a massive disappointment. (please no story spoilers).

For all you Mass Effect fans...what have you thought of Andromeda? I have only watched a little gameplay online, but so far it looks like a massive disappointment. (please no story spoilers).

It was a flop.

It came out of the gates stumbling and never recovered. Game has been trashed for the terrible animation, glitches and lack luster story.

It was a flop.

It came out of the gates stumbling and never recovered. Game has been trashed for the terrible animation, glitches and lack luster story.
That's what I feared. At least now I know to not pick it until until there is a massive price drop. It was by far my favorite series on the 360 and I've been waiting for this game ever since I finished 3 right after it came out. :(

Just picked up Tekken 7 this morning, and I've been playing it all day. It's pretty friggin' awesome. My favorite character so far is Lucky Chloe, the weeaboo character that a lot of people were raging about when she was first revealed. Ha ha.

I've been working my way through xbox 360 games that I never got around to playing. Just started Deadpool. Great fun so far.

Just picked up Tekken 7 this morning, and I've been playing it all day. It's pretty friggin' awesome. My favorite character so far is Lucky Chloe, the weeaboo character that a lot of people were raging about when she was first revealed. Ha ha.

I'm starting to think you just have a thing for all things named "Chloe.":tongue:

That's ok, I'll keep maxxie.

So, this three episode prequel to Life is Strange is coming out on August 31, not to be confused with Life is Strange 2, which is coming out later.

Chloe is apparently the main character in the prequel. I can't wait to play this. :D

I just bought Injustice 2 last night on a whim. The first one was okay, but I wasn't super crazy about it. I felt the same way about the new one at first, but after spending a few hours playing it, I love it. It's so much fun. It ticks a couple of boxes that Tekken 7 didn't - it has an actual offline player vs. CPU mode with an adjustable difficulty setting, and it loads super fast. The back and forth dialogue between the characters is pretty entertaining, too.

Harley Quinn was my girl in the first one, and I really like her in the new one too, but I think Black Canary is my favorite character so far.

And now it looks like The Sims 4 is finally coming to consoles. It's all right, I didn't really need money anyway.

So, this three episode prequel to Life is Strange is coming out on August 31, not to be confused with Life is Strange 2, which is coming out later.

Chloe is apparently the main character in the prequel. I can't wait to play this. :D

Have you played it yet?

I'm probably going to wait and buy it when all episodes are out. I'm not one to wait a month or two to play a single chapter.

Haven't played many games aside from racing sims lately, but I've gotten into Factorio recently. Anybody else play this?

maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom