VT Midwest Challenge

• Thread starter ArkinsawDurtFan
  • Start date
sozo said:
Frank you are too funny man. :einstein:
I'm likeing my dicision about Lebanon more and more every day.Sounds like it would be a nasty drive home sunday.Still going to miss it BAD though.Looking forward to see who wins between Chad and Dan,not Dam(Dan).LOL Sorry about the typo the other day man. :blush:

Hey sozo!..........Jet's still in the VT MARS thing also.

Haven't seen ya around 4M lately.........I guess you pretty much hang around here most of the time?

Doesn't look like I'll get to say howdy to you and Frank for a while. I-44 will probably be my last race until next april or so............HIKING SEASON IS JUST ABOUT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see ya sozo and jr.

Dan

HikerDan said:

Haven't seen ya around 4M lately.........I guess you pretty much hang around here most of the time?

Doesn't look like I'll get to say howdy to you and Frank for a while. I-44 will probably be my last race until next april or so............HIKING SEASON IS JUST ABOUT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see ya sozo and jr.

Dan
Dan sneak me in a cold one at the grandstands....LOL......

GRT44c said:
Dan sneak me in a cold one at the grandstands....LOL......

I know I've snuck ALOT of things into the grandstands, but beer hasn't been one of them.................it's usually something that says 80 proof :growl:
Especially down in Batesville ;). At least there's an alternative at Bolivar and Lebanon (tier parking).

GRT......why don't ya take a short walk over into the tier (turn 2) :beerbang: ...........I pass through that gate between the stands and tier all the time (now watch 'em block it off). The cold ones are on me if you come around! :cheers:

Dan

HikerDan said:

see ya sozo and jr.

Dan
What's happening Dan.Yeah I should never count that boy out.LOL I just haven't logged back on to 4m but been reading.Man I guess it is going to be a while,have a good OFF season.Be careful in them mountains,watch out for those rattlebugs till it gets a little colder.
Glad I got to meet you and Jane this year.
Somehow I get the feeling that Cliff's going to get a lot of exercise this weekend. :beerbang: :partytime LOL
Did some 'research' for my picks this weekend ,maybe that will pay off?

HikerDan said:
I know I've snuck ALOT of things into the grandstands, but beer hasn't been one of them.................it's usually something that says 80 proof :growl:
Especially down in Batesville ;). At least there's an alternative at Bolivar and Lebanon (tier parking).

GRT......why don't ya take a short walk over into the tier (turn 2) :beerbang: ...........I pass through that gate between the stands and tier all the time (now watch 'em block it off). The cold ones are on me if you come around! :cheers:

Dan
Yeah I've been known to have some of that 80 proof on me also...Man Rob, Frank I reallly hate that you guys can't make it....Hopefully South Coffeyville will have something early next year like they used to, I would like to go back again....

Not gonna be in the tier tonight...............had a friend that was going with me, but he's not feeling well and decided not to go.

Gonna head for the stands and save myself 10 bucks.

Leaving in 10 minutes.

see ya'll at the races, or online tonight!

Dan

HikerDan said:
Not gonna be in the tier tonight...............had a friend that was going with me, but he's not feeling well and decided not to go.

Gonna head for the stands and save myself 10 bucks.

Leaving in 10 minutes.

see ya'll at the races, or online tonight!

Dan

Can't wait for your report Don. Hopefully you will say the finish is:
Wallace
Phillips
Frye
Sullivan
Floyd

I usually don't put them all in one group, but tonight I'm hoping for a last ditch effort to get back in the Cup chase. :confused: I this works who knows?

Potential problem!

I just got an email from Vega, who got a call from Nebraska. It seems he got some BAD information this week and the format was different than what he was told. Here is the email he sent to me:

Frank,
We might have a slight problem. I hope that everybody made TORA picks for tonight because apparently things got changed around up in Nebraska on the
program. All the information that I had said that tonight was only heats
and a dash with the feature to be run tomorrow night. I just got the call
from the track and now they are running a qualifying feature tonight with
another feature tomorrow night. VT was changed around for MLRA to be only a one night show but TORA still has it as two shows.

If everybody didn't make TORA picks it could pose a problem. Sorry, I just
told you guys the info that I was told and wasn't trying to screw anything
up.

Clint

I didn't make my TORA picks and I'm thinking most of you all didn't either. If some did then we'll just go from there and figure out what to do. If no one made the picks then this race won't count. We will get it figured out somehow

Frank

Whew Frank. I had double checked all my info before putting anything out about the race and then that. Things are good now. The call came from our announcer who apparently misunderstood what they were doing. Tonight just the heats and dash were run with the feature being tomorrow night. I got another phone call saying that he was wrong. Sorry if it put anybody in a panic.

Heat winners were:
Heat 1 - Delbert Smith
Heat 2 - Al Purkey
Heat 3 - Jason Bodenhamer
Heat 4 - Leon Zeitner
Heat 5 - Kelly Boen

Clint

Vega said:
Whew Frank. I had double checked all my info before putting anything out about the race and then that. Things are good now. The call came from our announcer who apparently misunderstood what they were doing. Tonight just the heats and dash were run with the feature being tomorrow night. I got another phone call saying that he was wrong. Sorry if it put anybody in a panic.

Heat winners were:
Heat 1 - Delbert Smith
Heat 2 - Al Purkey
Heat 3 - Jason Bodenhamer
Heat 4 - Leon Zeitner
Heat 5 - Kelly Boen

Clint
Thanks Clint. :whoopee:

41 MARS Late Models at Lebanon tonight. Had a big 12 car wreck in the feature, taking out half the field when David Gibson and Scott Drake made contact coming off of 4. They pretty much blocked the whole track and the field had no where to go into turn one. When it was all said and done Terry Phillips will be on the pole for tomorrow race. Bill Frye 2nd, Wendell Wallace 3rd, Jack Sullivan 4th, and Im not sure but it was either Ed Dixion or Ken Essary was 5th. Sorry I dont know who it was for sure, wasnt much to watch after the big wreck.

JET66 said:
41 MARS Late Models at Lebanon tonight. Had a big 12 car wreck in the feature, taking out half the field when David Gibson and Scott Drake made contact coming off of 4. They pretty much blocked the whole track and the field had no where to go into turn one. When it was all said and done Terry Phillips will be on the pole for tomorrow race. Bill Frye 2nd, Wendell Wallace 3rd, Jack Sullivan 4th, and Im not sure but it was either Ed Dixion or Ken Essary was 5th. Sorry I dont know who it was for sure, wasnt much to watch after the big wreck.
Thanks Jet.What lap was the wreck on?

Some reason I think it was around lap 10. Just talked to a friend and he said pretty sure Dixion was 5th. Gibson was running 3rd and Drake was 4th when the crash happened, both were fast. The ones I can remember involved was, Gibson, Drake, Sullivan, S. Essary, McCormick, Hottinger, Jones, Miller, Kloos, Dacus,.

So much for my picks, I only place Sullivan. :( Now for the $100,000 question..............Was there a WEAVER sighting??????????

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
So much for my picks, I only place Sullivan. :( Now for the $100,000 question..............Was there a WEAVER sighting??????????
You got 1 more place than I did.Weaver may be a ghost poster! :unsure: :biggrin:

sozo said:
You got 1 more place than I did.Weaver may be a ghost poster! :unsure: :biggrin:

Hey Frank.........you got one more place than I did also.

I had:

Frye
Phillips
Sullivan
Floyd
Wells

Wallace winning in the other group.

Cross 21 I know had Phillips winning and I think Frye 2nd. Looks like the MARS Cup is headed for Republic, MO! Man I thought Frye had something tonight. The results and events during the heat races really dictated the finish in the feature (I don't want to talk about it).

Guys..........sorry I had no race writeup tonight, I just didn't have time during the races to scribble.

I plan on reporting ALL of the action for the 50 lap 10,000 to win event tomorrow night (probably on SW MO racing news thread on 4M).

See you all tomorrow!

Dan

Can anyone tell me if Leslie Essary was at Lebanon? I don't see him in any of the results I can find.

Guys just wanted to let you all know I started a NEW SW Missouri thread on 4m, I don't like how that thread started and what it was turning out to be, I told some at the track tonight and they seemed to like the idea...Scored 155 tonight but Saturday night is gonna be tough for picks there will be 3 "B" Features with 4 taken out of those, lots of good cars will be in them...The top 3 picks may be easy but 4th and 5th I think are wide open...Sure would have like to see the 25 lapper without the big wreck....

NVSSEI said:
Can anyone tell me if Leslie Essary was at Lebanon? I don't see him in any of the results I can find.

Yep he was there and missed the big crash but did not make into top 8 will have to run a last chance race tonight.

I think the order was 1-Phillips
2-Frye
3-Wallace
4-Sullivan
5-Dixon
6-K.Essary
7-Wells
8- ?
Sorry can't remember who got the last transfer spot

WTG Bill Frye,man I hope he doesn't retire anytime soon.I love to watch him run. :cool: :headbang: :salute: :whoopee: :partytime

sozo said:
WTG Bill Frye,man I hope he doesn't retire anytime soon.I love to watch him run. :cool: :headbang: :salute: :whoopee: :partytime

Yeah if Terry couldn't win, Bill would be my next choice, I agree NO RETIREMENT FOR FRYE, to damn good not to be racing... :ninja: :dirtbike: :director: :nyanya:

I hope we see a number 30th on that car in a few years. The man still has what it takes to get the job done. :beerbang:

VT Midwest Challenge Update Week 23 & "Legends Classic Challenge" Update

4M/VT Midwest Challenge
Sept. 28, 2005
Week 23 Update -“Legends Challenge” Update and MARS Cup Final Standings

!!!ANNOUNCMENT!!!
As most everyone knows, we had another message board breakdown over the weekend. The new message board, racing-forums, the was found during the breakdown of 4M went off line for 2 days. And everyone knows how slow 4m often gets? These 2 circumstances have lead to another move in the way we communicate.

Clint Brown (Cbrown/Vega) has been the moderator of a message board for sometime. He has offered the use of this message board and has went in and cleaned out all the old post and added pages to the board to make it really Midwest Challenge friendly. Over the off season, this board will become our MAIN board and for the 2006 season, this board will be the only place the updates will be posted. It will be really nice to have someone in charge of the board that will be hands on if problems occur. We will still keep the thread up on racing-forums to use as a backup as they don‘t seem to delete post like 4M. If someone wants to keep the thread up on 4M that will work too. Here’s the link to the new forum if you haven’t got it yet.

http://www.826race.com/forum/index.php

This past weekend was the last weekend ALL the Challenge series were “planned” to get together and race in the 4M/VT Midwest Challenge. It was the last mini challenge of the year as well as the “Legends Challenge” took place with all series participating. For a while it looked iffy if all series would get to race, but TORA came through after canceling in Missouri and went to Nebraska. This past weekend also closes out the MARS season and a new MARS Cup champion has been crowned.

The MARS series and WDRL both put on scoring races at I-44 Speedway in Lebanon, MO and West Liberty Raceway in West Liberty, IA respectfully. Each of these 2 series were back in action Saturday night at the same two tracks as well. The MLRA and TORA both ran qualifying heats Friday night at the I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, NE Friday night for Saturday night main events. The SMRS cars qualified for their feature to be ran at I-44 Saturday night, but the weather didn’t cooperate and the feature was washed out.

The festivities got underway Friday night at Lebanon’s I-44 Speedway with Springfield, MO’s Terry Phillips holding on for a hard fought victory . This win earned him the pole position for Saturday night’s MARS finale. Las Vegas’ own Nvssei took a hard earned victory as well in this event scoring 160 points. GRT44c and Sozo, Jr.were right on his heels with 155 points apiece. The trio of Cbork23, Budweiser and RikusAngel were right behind those two with 150 poits each. You could have through a blanket over the top 6 players in this race. A multi player pile up coming off turn 4 on about the 10th lap collected both Challenge points leader Jet66 and MARS Cup hopeful Lunkerman, and neither could not recover and both were relegated to finishes neither one of them are accustom too.

Saturday night’s “Larry Phillips Memorial” at the I-44 Speedway saw Bill Frye take the $10,000 paycheck back to Greenbrier, AR. Sozo made the best of the nights picks and headed back to Oklahoma with 145 points in tow. The Pictureman found himself back in the top 5 with a second place finish with 135 points. Track favorites Jet66 and Opp88 held on to tie for third with 130 point each, while Riku and GRT44c took the fifth spot and the 110 points it was worth.

This weeks top MARS performances were turned in by Pictureman(270), GRT44c(265), Opp88(260), Sozo(260) and Nvssei(250). The FINAL top 5 in MARS points in the Challenge look like this:
Jet66-3165
GRT44c-3080
Riku-3075
Opp88-3050
Cbork23-3040
Fetllmn-3040

At Fiday night’s “Al Freiden Memorial”, current WDRL points leader Denny Eckrich extended his points lead by beating his brother Dave to the line for the win at the West Liberty Raceway. Fettlmn(105) sneaked by Sozo, Jr.(100) in the closing laps for a hard fought victory. Cbrown and Riku tied for third with 80 points apiece. Cbork23 held on for fifth with 75 points.

Saturday night the WDRL stars were back at it at the West Liberty, IA track, this time for the Liberty Classic. This time Muscatine, IA’s Brian Birkhofer found victory lane to his liking. Jet66 regained his championship form from the night before and took the win for this race with 160 points. Cbrown and Dennis1964 tied for the second spot garnering 150 points each. The threesome of GRT44c, Fetllmn and Budweiser nailed down the fourth spot each collecting 140 points.

The top performers in WDRL this week wereFetllmn(245), Cbrown(230), Sozo, Jr.(215), Cbork23(210),GRT44c(210) and Jet66(210). The top 5 in WDRL points after this week in the Challenge are:

The “Cornhusker Classic” at the I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, NE was won by Colorado’s Kelly Boen. For the MLRA part of the “Classic”, Jet66(175) took the win in easy fashion over RikusAngel(140). Cbork23 held down the third place position with 130 points. GRT44c, Sozo and Cbrown all continued their good weekend and tied for fourth in is event with 125 point each.

The top 5 in MLRA point after this week stand like this:
Cbrown-2875
Jet66-2515
Cbork23-2490
Fetllmn-2430
Dennis1964-2390

The winning player for TORA’s part of the “Classic” was Jet66, who had a Hall of Records night with 205 points! Budweiser had a strong showing and came away with 195 points. Cbork 23 trailed with 160 points, good enough for a third place finish. Cbrown and Nvssei each scored 140 points and tied for the fifth place finish.

TORA’s top 5 in points are:
Jet66-1210
Cbork23-1015
Dennis1964-1010
GRT44c-975
Nvssei-975

The SMRS took part in the “Bill Willard Memorial” which was to be ran Saturday night at the I-44 Speedway in conjunction with the MARS series, but the remnants of hurricane Rita fell over the track right after the MARS race and washed the remainder of the program out. As of press time, no makeup dated has been announced and I really doubt if there is one.

The final “Legends Challenge” point standings are as follows. The Top 5 will receive a performance certificate at the end of the season.

1. Jet66-835
2. GRT44c-600
3. Cbrown-585
4. Cbork23-580
5. Fetllmn-550
6. Sozo-530
7. Budweiser-515
8. Riku-510
9. Sozo, Jr.-500
10. Dennis1964-485
11. Nvssei-475
12. RikusAngel-370
13. Pictureman-345
14. Chrisdirtracer65802-320
15. Opp88-310
16. SuperD-210
17. 75Phillipsfan-205
18. Longmiestr-0

With Opp88 missing the 2 WDRL races this past weekend, I thought Dennis1964 would pass him for fourth. Well, as it turned out, Dennis did pass Opp, because of his bad showing in the TORA race, but he didn’t gain the spot. GRT44c used a strong showing in the mini challenge to jump from 6th to 4th this past weekend! Fourth position to sixth position is only separated by 60 points this week, and with the top 5 Performance Certificate on the line for the yearend awards, this battle has really heated up! There’s other good battles right behind these 3 as well and the Top 10 is far from decided at this point. The few weeks we have left are going to be quite interesting.

MARS Cup:
The battle went right down to the last weekend, just like last year, and when the dust had settled the MARS Cup found a new home (for a year) in Republic, MO! Cross21 had a strong showing Friday night and held off all charges Saturday night to win his first Cup. I would like to say winning the Cup would be a lot like winning the Nextel Cup, Miss America or the Indianapolis 500, in that you would make your rounds at all the late night talk shows and have to make appearances at special events to promote our game! But…..all the recognition you will get is from those of us that tried to win the Cup ourselves. But don’t worry, we’ll be back again next year trying to dethrone you as Cup Champion, trying to make you “just another name” on the Cup by this time next year! Congratulations Chad, you put up a whale of a battle and had some formidable competition. Like I said before, the Cup is a whole lot easier to win than to keep, cherish your time with the Cup because it will more than likely come to an end well before you’re ready to give it up!

UP NEXT:
Only 2 races are on tap for this weekend. TORA will be in action Saturday night, October 1st, at the Thunderhill Speedway in Mayetta, KS. Also on Saturday night the SMRS stars return to the Thunder Valley Speedway in Fayetteville, AR.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the sponsors that made this year such a success. Ron Mitchell Racing Photography, Speedway Programs and our newest sponsor, Great Southern Travel. You could always count on Ron to set up a meeting for us to shoot the breeze and was always willing to let me use his table before he got there so I wouldn’t have to bring mine in and set it up. LM60Fan with Speedway Programs along with Gene Morton (ShowMeDirt/Budweiser) were the two people who promoted Virtual Thunder most at Randy Mooneyham’s Southwest Missouri tracks. I’m sure Dave with VT really appreciates what you 2 are doing! Brian Garrison and the staff at Great Southern Travel really stepped up to the plate this year, developing race weekend packages that were EXTREMLY affordable for us fans! For what these fine folks have done for us fans, I feel it very necessary to help promote their business. I will keep mentioning you all in future updates and hope I helped to sell a couple of pictures or programs or might have caused someone to jump on one of the bus trips to help you all out in some way. Thanks for all you all do!

4M/VT Midwest Challenge points as of 9/24/05

1. Jet66-12120
2. Cbork23-11390
3. Fetllmn-10925
4. GRT44c-10515
5. Dennis1964-10465
6. Opp88-10455
7. Budweiser-10125
8. Sozo-10085
9. Cbrown-10015
10. Riku-9590
11. Nvssei-9455
12. Sozo, Jr.-9355
13. RikusAngel-7935
14. Pictureman-7855
15. Chrisdirtracer65802-7405
16. 75Phillipsfan-4570
17. SuperD-3910
18. Longmiestr-3175

MARS Cup FINAL Point Standings
1. Cross21-3305*
2. Lunkerman-3215
3. Jet66-3115
4. GRT44c-3080
5. Riku-3075
6. Opp88-3050
7. Cbork23-3040
7. Fetllmn-3040
9. Budweiser-2995
10. Oddrah242000-2990
11. RikusAngel-2910
12.Dennis1964-2895
13. Pictureman-2875
14. Sozo-2855
15. Nvssei-2725
16. LM60Fan-2715
17. Sozo, Jr.-2685
17. Chrisdirtracer65802-2665
19. 75Phillipsfan-2590
20. Temp74464-2370

* 2005 MARS Cup Champion

For a more detailed look at the Challenge standings, visit:
http://www.826race.com/4mvt.pdf

The internet home for the Challenge is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4M-VT_Midwest_Challenge

Yeah Lebanon was awesome have fun at Knoxville and I'll see anybody that goes up to Lakeside, I'll be there Fri and Sat

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
4M/VT Midwest Challenge
Sept. 28, 2005
Week 23 Update -“Legends Challenge” Update and MARS Cup Final Standings

!!!ANNOUNCMENT!!!
As most everyone knows, we had another message board breakdown over the weekend. The new message board, racing-forums, the was found during the breakdown of 4M went off line for 2 days. And everyone knows how slow 4m often gets? These 2 circumstances have lead to another move in the way we communicate.

Clint Brown (Cbrown/Vega) has been the moderator of a message board for sometime. He has offered the use of this message board and has went in and cleaned out all the old post and added pages to the board to make it really Midwest Challenge friendly. Over the off season, this board will become our MAIN board and for the 2006 season, this board will be the only place the updates will be posted. It will be really nice to have someone in charge of the board that will be hands on if problems occur. We will still keep the thread up on racing-forums to use as a backup as they don‘t seem to delete post like 4M. If someone wants to keep the thread up on 4M that will work too. Here’s the link to the new forum if you haven’t got it yet.

This past weekend was the last weekend ALL the Challenge series were “planned” to get together and race in the 4M/VT Midwest Challenge. It was the last mini challenge of the year as well as the “Legends Challenge” took place with all series participating. For a while it looked iffy if all series would get to race, but TORA came through after canceling in Missouri and went to Nebraska. This past weekend also closes out the MARS season and a new MARS Cup champion has been crowned.

The MARS series and WDRL both put on scoring races at I-44 Speedway in Lebanon, MO and West Liberty Raceway in West Liberty, IA respectfully. Each of these 2 series were back in action Saturday night at the same two tracks as well. The MLRA and TORA both ran qualifying heats Friday night at the I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, NE Friday night for Saturday night main events. The SMRS cars qualified for their feature to be ran at I-44 Saturday night, but the weather didn’t cooperate and the feature was washed out.

The festivities got underway Friday night at Lebanon’s I-44 Speedway with Springfield, MO’s Terry Phillips holding on for a hard fought victory . This win earned him the pole position for Saturday night’s MARS finale. Las Vegas’ own Nvssei took a hard earned victory as well in this event scoring 160 points. GRT44c and Sozo, Jr.were right on his heels with 155 points apiece. The trio of Cbork23, Budweiser and RikusAngel were right behind those two with 150 poits each. You could have through a blanket over the top 6 players in this race. A multi player pile up coming off turn 4 on about the 10th lap collected both Challenge points leader Jet66 and MARS Cup hopeful Lunkerman, and neither could not recover and both were relegated to finishes neither one of them are accustom too.

Saturday night’s “Larry Phillips Memorial” at the I-44 Speedway saw Bill Frye take the $10,000 paycheck back to Greenbrier, AR. Sozo made the best of the nights picks and headed back to Oklahoma with 145 points in tow. The Pictureman found himself back in the top 5 with a second place finish with 135 points. Track favorites Jet66 and Opp88 held on to tie for third with 130 point each, while Riku and GRT44c took the fifth spot and the 110 points it was worth.

This weeks top MARS performances were turned in by Pictureman(270), GRT44c(265), Opp88(260), Sozo(260) and Nvssei(250). The FINAL top 5 in MARS points in the Challenge look like this:
Jet66-3165
GRT44c-3080
Riku-3075
Opp88-3050
Cbork23-3040
Fetllmn-3040

At Fiday night’s “Al Freiden Memorial”, current WDRL points leader Denny Eckrich extended his points lead by beating his brother Dave to the line for the win at the West Liberty Raceway. Fettlmn(105) sneaked by Sozo, Jr.(100) in the closing laps for a hard fought victory. Cbrown and Riku tied for third with 80 points apiece. Cbork23 held on for fifth with 75 points.

Saturday night the WDRL stars were back at it at the West Liberty, IA track, this time for the Liberty Classic. This time Muscatine, IA’s Brian Birkhofer found victory lane to his liking. Jet66 regained his championship form from the night before and took the win for this race with 160 points. Cbrown and Dennis1964 tied for the second spot garnering 150 points each. The threesome of GRT44c, Fetllmn and Budweiser nailed down the fourth spot each collecting 140 points.

The top performers in WDRL this week wereFetllmn(245), Cbrown(230), Sozo, Jr.(215), Cbork23(210),GRT44c(210) and Jet66(210). The top 5 in WDRL points after this week in the Challenge are:

The “Cornhusker Classic” at the I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, NE was won by Colorado’s Kelly Boen. For the MLRA part of the “Classic”, Jet66(175) took the win in easy fashion over RikusAngel(140). Cbork23 held down the third place position with 130 points. GRT44c, Sozo and Cbrown all continued their good weekend and tied for fourth in is event with 125 point each.

The top 5 in MLRA point after this week stand like this:
Cbrown-2875
Jet66-2515
Cbork23-2490
Fetllmn-2430
Dennis1964-2390

The winning player for TORA’s part of the “Classic” was Jet66, who had a Hall of Records night with 205 points! Budweiser had a strong showing and came away with 195 points. Cbork 23 trailed with 160 points, good enough for a third place finish. Cbrown and Nvssei each scored 140 points and tied for the fifth place finish.

TORA’s top 5 in points are:
Jet66-1210
Cbork23-1015
Dennis1964-1010
GRT44c-975
Nvssei-975

The SMRS took part in the “Bill Willard Memorial” which was to be ran Saturday night at the I-44 Speedway in conjunction with the MARS series, but the remnants of hurricane Rita fell over the track right after the MARS race and washed the remainder of the program out. As of press time, no makeup dated has been announced and I really doubt if there is one.

The final “Legends Challenge” point standings are as follows. The Top 5 will receive a performance certificate at the end of the season.

1. Jet66-835
2. GRT44c-600
3. Cbrown-585
4. Cbork23-580
5. Fetllmn-550
6. Sozo-530
7. Budweiser-515
8. Riku-510
9. Sozo, Jr.-500
10. Dennis1964-485
11. Nvssei-475
12. RikusAngel-370
13. Pictureman-345
14. Chrisdirtracer65802-320
15. Opp88-310
16. SuperD-210
17. 75Phillipsfan-205
18. Longmiestr-0

With Opp88 missing the 2 WDRL races this past weekend, I thought Dennis1964 would pass him for fourth. Well, as it turned out, Dennis did pass Opp, because of his bad showing in the TORA race, but he didn’t gain the spot. GRT44c used a strong showing in the mini challenge to jump from 6th to 4th this past weekend! Fourth position to sixth position is only separated by 60 points this week, and with the top 5 Performance Certificate on the line for the yearend awards, this battle has really heated up! There’s other good battles right behind these 3 as well and the Top 10 is far from decided at this point. The few weeks we have left are going to be quite interesting.

MARS Cup:
The battle went right down to the last weekend, just like last year, and when the dust had settled the MARS Cup found a new home (for a year) in Republic, MO! Cross21 had a strong showing Friday night and held off all charges Saturday night to win his first Cup. I would like to say winning the Cup would be a lot like winning the Nextel Cup, Miss America or the Indianapolis 500, in that you would make your rounds at all the late night talk shows and have to make appearances at special events to promote our game! But…..all the recognition you will get is from those of us that tried to win the Cup ourselves. But don’t worry, we’ll be back again next year trying to dethrone you as Cup Champion, trying to make you “just another name” on the Cup by this time next year! Congratulations Chad, you put up a whale of a battle and had some formidable competition. Like I said before, the Cup is a whole lot easier to win than to keep, cherish your time with the Cup because it will more than likely come to an end well before you’re ready to give it up!

UP NEXT:
Only 2 races are on tap for this weekend. TORA will be in action Saturday night, October 1st, at the Thunderhill Speedway in Mayetta, KS. Also on Saturday night the SMRS stars return to the Thunder Valley Speedway in Fayetteville, AR.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the sponsors that made this year such a success. Ron Mitchell Racing Photography, Speedway Programs and our newest sponsor, Great Southern Travel. You could always count on Ron to set up a meeting for us to shoot the breeze and was always willing to let me use his table before he got there so I wouldn’t have to bring mine in and set it up. LM60Fan with Speedway Programs along with Gene Morton (ShowMeDirt/Budweiser) were the two people who promoted Virtual Thunder most at Randy Mooneyham’s Southwest Missouri tracks. I’m sure Dave with VT really appreciates what you 2 are doing! Brian Garrison and the staff at Great Southern Travel really stepped up to the plate this year, developing race weekend packages that were EXTREMLY affordable for us fans! For what these fine folks have done for us fans, I feel it very necessary to help promote their business. I will keep mentioning you all in future updates and hope I helped to sell a couple of pictures or programs or might have caused someone to jump on one of the bus trips to help you all out in some way. Thanks for all you all do!

4M/VT Midwest Challenge points as of 9/24/05

1. Jet66-12120
2. Cbork23-11390
3. Fetllmn-10925
4. GRT44c-10515
5. Dennis1964-10465
6. Opp88-10455
7. Budweiser-10125
8. Sozo-10085
9. Cbrown-10015
10. Riku-9590
11. Nvssei-9455
12. Sozo, Jr.-9355
13. RikusAngel-7935
14. Pictureman-7855
16. 75Phillipsfan-4570
17. SuperD-3910
18. Longmiestr-3175

MARS Cup FINAL Point Standings
1. Cross21-3305*
2. Lunkerman-3215
3. Jet66-3115
4. GRT44c-3080
5. Riku-3075
6. Opp88-3050
7. Cbork23-3040
7. Fetllmn-3040
9. Budweiser-2995
10. Oddrah242000-2990
11. RikusAngel-2910
12.Dennis1964-2895
13. Pictureman-2875
14. Sozo-2855
15. Nvssei-2725
16. LM60Fan-2715
17. Sozo, Jr.-2685
17. Chrisdirtracer65802-2665
19. 75Phillipsfan-2590
20. Temp74464-2370

* 2005 MARS Cup Champion

Nice update Frank.............

VT Midwest Challenge Week #24

4M/VT Midwest Challenge
Oct. 3, 2005
Week 24 Update

VERY SHOT UPDATE. Mother nature again played havoc with the 4M/VT Midwest Challenge this week. Only 2 races were on the agenda and one of them got rained out. The SMRS got there show in at the Thunder Valley Speedway in Fayettville, AR on Saturday night. Saturday night’s TORA race at Thunderhill Speedway in Mayetta ,KS succumbed to the elements though. This race will be made up next year so it will be scratched from this years Challenge and count towards next years points.

The SMRS Saturday night show at Thunder Valley Speedway saw Leslie Essary take the big check back home to Crane, MO. GRT44c and Cbork23 also took the big points (175) back to Marshfield, MO and Springfield, MO respectfully. Sozo, Jr. had a strong showing and came out of Fayetteville with 170 points strapped to this scorecard. Nvssei took the fourth spot collecting 165 points. Fetllmn took the fifth and final position on the podium very proud of his 160 point payday.

The top 5 in SMRS points after this weekend are:
Jet66-2360
Nvssei-2265
Opp88-2240
Fetllmn-2105
Cbork23-2095

It gives me great pleasure to announce that the 2006 MARS Cup “might’ have a sponsor! Someone (that I can’t mention right now because nothing is official) is thinking of putting up something “very special” for next years MARS Cup winner. I don’t want to get everybody’s hopes up so I’ll say no more. If things work out as the party involved hopes, look for a MAJOR announcement in the future concerning the newfound sponsor for the 2006 MARS Cup!

UP NEXT:
Lots of action is in the works in and around the Kansas City area this coming week and weekend! It all gets started this Wednesday night at Adrian, MO’s Adrian Speedway. The MLRA will the main attraction at this track just south of Kansas City on October 5th. The rest of the weekends action will take place at Kansas City, KS’s lakeside Speedway. Thursday night, October 6th, the TORA organization will take to the facility for their final race of the 2005 season. Friday and Saturday nights, October 7th-8th, the MLRA and WDRL will co-sanction the racing festivities at the famed KC track. These two races will also put a lid on the 2005 WDRL season.

Let’s think back. Remember just a few short weeks ago how hot is was? Unbearable is a word I heard used quite a bit being used around these parts. Enough said! Now let’s think ahead a little. We all know the winters here in the Ozarks aren’t the worst in the world, but they sure could be a lot better! Just think, wouldn’t you rather be walking around in 6 inches of soft white sand or 6 inches of freezing cold snow? How would you like to be wearing those shirts with flowers all over them while drinking cool drinks with little umbrellas in them rather than big winter coats and hot coffee just trying to keep from freezing to death. Well friends, if this sounds like something you would like to experience, give the folks a Great Southern Travel a call! They can set up that winter vacation in a warm tropical place that will make you forget about the harsh winters we’ve grown accustom to around here, if just for a few short days. And next summer, they can get you out of the heat with a trip to the Canadian Rockies or even Alaska! Now think about this, next year when that special race comes along you’ve wanted to go to for years, if you take that special someone on one of the vacations, you’ll have leverage to use for that BIG race! Sort of makes this a win, win situation wouldn’t you say? Let’s support these fine folks because they support the finest sport in all of the free world, auto racing! Get a hold of Brian and his staff at Great Southern Travel today and book that vacation you’ve always dreamed of. Tell your friends about this place and that friendship will be sure to grow Phone them at 417-888-4488 and ask for Brian Garrison and he’ll be glad to help you make those dreams come true!

4M/VT Midwest Challenge points as of 9/18/05

1. Jet66-12260
2. Cbork23-11565
3. Fetllmn-11085
4. GRT44c-10690
5. Dennis1964-10620
6. Opp88-10610
7. Budweiser-10230
8. Sozo-10165
9. Cbrown-10140
10. Riku-9735
11. Nvssei-9620
12. Sozo, Jr.-9525
13. RikusAngel-8025
14. Pictureman-7855
16. 75Phillipsfan-4570
17. SuperD-3935
18. Longmiestr-3175

The official message board for the Challenge can be found at:

Just a reminder to those playing the Midwest Challenge, if I don't have your address I can't get the year end awards to you. If you're wanting these certificates please PM me your mailing address. I'm going to go to work on these pretty soon since MARS is already over nad TORA and WDRL will be over this weekend.

The address's I have so far are

Sozo
Sozo, Jr.
Nvssei
GRT44c

Only 4 but I'm sure Jet will get me his since he's more than likley to win the traveling plaque. Everybody else interested please PM me your address.

Here is a post from the Central MO. Forum that Vega made:

race said:
Just noticed something on VT. TORA is having a show tomorrow night at Lakeside, but it doesn't show up in the schedule on VT. The other weird thing is that it is showing Friday and Saturday as TORA shows, but on the TORA website it only has Thursday. Does anybody know who the moderator is for TORA on there so maybe we can get this fixed?

And here is the response I gave him over there:

I emailed Dave of this problem. Now we'll have to see when and if he gets it fixed. It may be that this race may not count if it's going to get fixed to late for everyone to get it picked.

MLRA/WDRL Lakeside 10/7

Denny Eckrich
Terry Phillips
Kyle Berck
Justin Fegers
Al Purkey

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
Just a reminder to those playing the Midwest Challenge, if I don't have your address I can't get the year end awards to you. If you're wanting these certificates please PM me your mailing address. I'm going to go to work on these pretty soon since MARS is already over nad TORA and WDRL will be over this weekend.

The address's I have so far are

Sozo
Sozo, Jr.
Nvssei
GRT44c

Only 4 but I'm sure Jet will get me his since he's more than likley to win the traveling plaque. Everybody else interested please PM me your address.
Frank do u have mine?

Chrisdirtracer said:
Frank do u have mine?

You might have sent it to me when we were trying to get the cap in the mail but I don't think so. If you did, I deleted it from my PM box as it was getting full. PM me it again and I'll get you in the adress book. I need to know your last name as well to get your name on the awards. You've probably told me that before but I'm bad with names.

Hey frank I know im late but heres mine in case you ever need it

OK, here's the address's I've got so far:

Jet66
Fetllmn
GRT44c
Dennis1964
Opp88
Budweiser
Sozo
Nvssei
Sozo, Jr.
Chrisdirtracer65802
SuperD

Bork is moving and says he will get me his when he gets settled in. I will HAVE to pull Clint's (Cbrown) out of him because I will need to mail the awards to him to get him to sign them. The only awards I will print up that I don't get address's for will be 75Phillipsfan. I think his job is keeping him away from the computer and hopefully this winter I can get it sometime and get his to him. That leaves Riku, Pictureman, RikusAngel and Longmiestr as the ones I need.

I started printing off the awards tonight to keep from getting WAY behind on them. I was printing off the mini challenge awards and did the Legends Classic award first of them. While I was printing the other mini challenge awards I thought to my self tha tI sure was glad I got a top 5 on the Legends Award becaus if I didn't I would sure wnat one. It is the nicest of themioni awards. Then i got to thinking, if I wanted one, everyone would probably want one! So....I will send everyone a Legends Classic Award with either a top 5, 10 or 20 finish. Tne award is in two parts. On the left is the award and tomthe right is an insciption that tells a little about the "legends", Al Freiden, Bill Willard and Larry Phillips. I think you will all like wht I've done with this. If not, just burn it! LOL

Back
Top Bottom