VT Midwest Challenge

• Thread starter ArkinsawDurtFan
  • Start date
ArkinsawDurtFan said:
Man Dennis, going into this weekend you were just 45 pionts out of the top 5! With scores like this I wouldn't be suprised to see you crack the top 5 this week. Good job, I sure could have used your week!
thanks frank, i was hoping to move up in mars & mlra plus crack the top 5 this week. show me hurt me but i think it did everyone. wdrl wasnt that great either damm birky. cant wait now for next weekend races to se if i can move up more. :growl:

damm i evening got 2 wins this last weekend, party on.
unofficial scoring after last races.
1st jet66---------- 10995
2nd cbroks23-------10380
3rd fetlman---------10050
4th opps88-----------9830
5th dennis1964-------9655
6th grt44-------------9540
at least those are close we will just have 2 see what happens when clint & frank add up the scores. maybe another good weekend like last ones i could knot opps down a spot. lol :jamming: :bsflag:
dennis

dennis1964 said:
2nd cbroks23-------10380
at least those are close we will just have 2 see what happens when clint & frank add up the scores. maybe another good weekend like last ones i could knot opps down a spot. lol :jamming: :bsflag:
dennis

Yep those are pretty close if not right. Great job last weekend Dennis! You smoked us and I've already made light of it in the update for this week. I haven't went back and checked yet, but I would bet that was the best scoring average for any week so far.

thanks frank, just a little luck thanks to lyle & boen saturday night. :growl:

Midwest Challenge Update #21

4M/VT Midwest Challenge
Sept. 7, 2005
Week 21 Update

This past Labor Day weekend the 4M/VT Midwest Challenge had 8 races on the schedule and all the races got in. With so many races, big scores were hoped for by many and some were not disappointed in the least! No less then 3 Hall of Record scores were posted over the weekend and one player, Dennis 1964, scored a whopping 1105 points in the eight races. His average over the weekend per race was 138.125 compared to the second place scorer, Jet66, with 124.375. Anytime you can outperform the Jetster like that you’ve accomplished on great feat because we all know how he’s been on a roll this year!

Friday night the MARS racers got the wwekend started off with another visit to the Memphis Motorsports Park in Milligan (Mmephis), TN. Riku was the class of the field as he set a Hall of Records pace and won the event going away with 205 pts. Republic, MO’s Pictureman took second plae scoring 175 pts. Sozo, Jr. and Cbrown tied with a third place score of 170 pts. and fifth went to the duo of Dennis1964 and Opp88 each scoring 165 pts.

Saturday night the MARStians were back at Don and Billie Gibson’s West Plains Speedway in West Plains, MO. Riku once again found himself in victory lane after this event with a score of 190 pts. Dennis1964 made a late charge but came up just short and had to settle for the second place points of 185. Budweiser putup a strong run to take third and the 170 pts. it was worth. A trio of players scored 140 pts. and tied for fourth, they were GRT44c, Cbrown and Fetllmn.

Sunday nights MARS action at the Monett Speedway saw the biggest scoring night of the year for the Challenge. 2870 points were passed out for this race and the average score was 159.44 pts. WOW! Jet66 and Opp 88 set the pace each scoring an amazing 205 pts. making the second and third Hall of Record scores of the week. 75Phillipsfan took third with 195 pts. while fourth went to Dennis1964 with 190 markers. Three players tied for fifth and the 185 pts. it was worth, they were Cbrown, Budweiser and GRT44c. The fifthe place scores would have been a good score on most any other night, but not tonight. Good job guys.

The MARS top performers were Riku(545), Dennis1964(540), Budweiser(505), Opp88(500) and Cbrown(495). The top 5 in MARS points aftr this weekend are.
Jet66(2910)
Riku(2840)
GRT44c(2815)
Fetllmn(2815)
Cbork23(2800)

As for the WDRL action over the weekend, it all got started Saturday night with a visit to the Deer Creek Speedway in Spring Valley, MN. This was a make up race for the one that got washed out Aug. 9th and was suppose to be part of Racefest 2005. Dennis 1964 picked up the win for this event with a score of 135 pts. Second went to the pair of Sozo and Opp88 each scoring 115 pts. Fourth wen to current Challenge points leader Jet66 add ing 105 pts. to his total. Budweiser got yet another top 5 finish and collected 95 pts. for his effort.

Sunday night the WDRL series were in Illinois at the famed LaSalle Speedway in LaSalle. GRT44c used this night to flex his picking mussels and lapped up to the 5th place player along the way. He scored 110 for this event. Second 30 points back was Jet66and Dennis1964 with 80 pts. Fourth belonged to Fetllmn picking up 70 pts. while Riku took fifth and the 60 pts. that went with it.

Monday night they ventured back across the mighty Mississip and to the Davnenport Speedway in Davenport, IA. Jet66 showed everyone why he’s the class of the field picking up the win with a score of 190 pts. His closest competition, Cbork23, finishe just behind him with 170 pts. GRT44c was once again in the top 5 finishing 3rd at the Iowa speed plant with a score of 160 pts. Budweiser continued his good showings of the weekend this time finishing 4th with a score of 150 pts. Nvssei and Opp88 rounded out the top tier of players each scoring 130 pts. for the Davenport race.

The WDRL top performers were Jet66(375), Dennis1964(340), GRT44c(340),Cbork23(305) and Opp88(295). The top 5 in WDRL points after the weekend are:
Jet66(2810)
Cbork23(2715)
Fetllmn(2410)
Opp88(2295)
Dennis1964(2265)

The MLRA stars were in the state of Kansas this weekend for one show at the Salina Speedway in Salina KS. Dennis1964 showed domination seldom seen on the Challenge, lapping up to the third place player! His 160 pts. were the class of the field this night. Pictureman put a good fight early but couldn’t keep up witht the blistering pace Dennis set and had to settle for second scoring 115 pts. The last palyer on the lead lap was Opp88 taking 110 points back to Lebanon with him. One lap down and tying for fourth were GRT44c and Fetllmn each limping across the line with 80 pts. in tow.

The top 5 in MLRA points after this weekend are:
Cbrown(2465)
Fetllmn(2105)
Cbork23(2095)
Dennis1964(2075)
Jet66(2050)

Saturday night also saw the SMRS in action as they made their first visit of the season to the Nevada Speedway in Nevada, MO. Fetllmn Ppicked up his first win in this series with a score of 100 pts. Second was the Las Vegas hotshoe Nvssei putting 95 pts. in his total column. Third went to Joplin MO’s RikusAngel scoring 90 pts. for the Nevada event. Fourth was a tie between second generation player Sozo, Jr. and Budweiser (again) picking up 85 points apiece.

The top 5 in points after this weekend are:
Jet66(2220)
Nvssei(2100)
Opp88(2085)
Pictureman(2020)
Fetllmn(1945)

This weeks top performers were Dennis1964(1105), Jet66(995), Opp88(985), GRT44c(945) and Riku(915)

MARS Cup:
While the Challenge is all but over, the Chase for the MARS Cup is anything but! The top players were looking to reel in the duo of Cross21 and Lunkerman. Rikus made a strong run but I think it’s gonna be a little to late for him to make a serious run for the top. Going into the weekend, Cross 21 held a 35 point lead over Lunkerman. Once the dust had settled, that lead grew to 45 points. With only 3 races remaining, it’s gonna come down to those three races to determine whether I send the Cup to Republic or Nixa and whether it will have the name Chad or Dan under mine. Jet66 and Riku have on outside shot at still taking the Cup, but I think it’s down to the top 2 players now. The top 5 in points for the Cup are. Cross21(3020), Lunkerman(2985), Jet66(2910), Riku(2840), GRT44c(2815) and Fetllmn(2815). Acomplete top 20 will be posted near the end of this update.

Friends, when you go to Bolivar, Lebanon or Monett to the races and you may be wondering who that is in a certain car, I bet if you buy a Speedway Program you’ll find out. Chalked full of info and results from the previous weeks races and up to date points from all three of the tracks. Also a good source to find out what’s happening on the Challenge’s Show Me Racing Series. And when any special comes to one of these tracks, you can bet they’ll have the story, pictures and results in next weeks program. And they try to get a drivers list going so you can be aware of what’s going on during one of these specials as well! Sold at all three SW MO tracks, Speedway Programs is one of the best ways to find out what’s happening on the Southwest Missouri racing scene. Give ’em a try, and for only a dollar, you won’t be dissatisfied. That’s Speedway Programs.

The official 4M/VT Midwest Challenge points as of 9/5/05

1. Jet66-10995
2. Cbork23-10385
3. Fetllmn-10050
4. Opp88-9830
5. Dennis1964-9655
6. GRT44c-9540
7. Budweiser-9150
8. Sozo-9125
9. Cbrown-9005
10. Riku-8790
11. Nvssei-8550
12. Sozo, Jr.-8540
13. RikusAngel-7350
14. Pictureman-7220
15. Chrisdirtracer65802-6890
16. 75Phillipsfan-4365
17. SuperD-3625
18. Longmiestr-3175

The MARS Cup point standings as of 9/4/05

1. Cross21-3020
2. Lunkerman-2985
3. Jet66-2910
4. Riku-2840
5. GRT44c-2815
5. Fetllmn-2815
7. Cbork23-2800
8. Opp88-2790
9. Budweiser-2755
10. Oddrah242000-2720
11. RikusAngel-2705
12.Dennis1964-2690
13. Pictureman-2605
14. Sozo-2595
15. LM60Fan-2475
15. Nvssei-2475
17. Sozo, Jr.-2450
17. Chrisdirtracer65802-2450
19. 75Phillipsfan-2385
20. Temp74464-2155

For a more detailed look at the Challenge standings, visit:
http://www.826race.com/4mvt.pdf

The internet home for the Challenge is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4M-VT_Midwest_Challenge

dennis1964 said:
2nd cbroks23-------10380
dennis

Good score there but I hope to keep my spot in fourth good luck :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Frank thanks for the nice write up. considering i have only been to 1 race this year i am not doing to bad. if i could of got off to a better start in mars & the show me series i could be right up there in the top 3. being the first year doing this it took me a while to catch on. i know there is still alot more races coming up so to stay in the top 5 & have to watch out my mirror for grt.
frank & vega i bet your eyes get sore looking at all those scores every week. i did the top 6 last night & man that can get to you.
I have 2 tickets to the busch race in kansas city oct. 8. if anyone can pick the top 5 in order for the 10 grand willard race. i will send you those 2 tickets. ( note they have to be in group one of your picks). good luck all.
dennis

dennis1964 said:
Frank thanks for the nice write up. considering i have only been to 1 race this year i am not doing to bad. if i could of got off to a better start in mars & the show me series i could be right up there in the top 3. being the first year doing this it took me a while to catch on. i know there is still alot more races coming up so to stay in the top 5 & have to watch out my mirror for grt.
frank & vega i bet your eyes get sore looking at all those scores every week. i did the top 6 last night & man that can get to you.
I have 2 tickets to the busch race in kansas city oct. 8. if anyone can pick the top 5 in order for the 10 grand willard race. i will send you those 2 tickets. ( note they have to be in group one of your picks). good luck all.
dennis
Yeah,your coming on strong man,glad I'm on your team.That is a very nice jester Dennis.We appreciate that.I hope Chad,Dan or Jett enjoys their trip to KC.LOL :rolleyes:

dennis1964 said:
dennis

WOW Dennis that is COOL! I'll be sure to give you credit for what you're doing in the next couple of updates! It's gonna be a longshot but hey, it can be done, and if someone does do it they will be rewarded quite well indeed. Is this offer good to only the Challenge players or can the guys that only play for the MARS Cup play for them as well? Since you're giving them away, you make the call!

Like I've said before, the program Clint has set up makes the scorekeeping a whole lot easier than I ever expected. I tried making a program in MS Works but the one he made in Excel was 100 times better. I didn't know anything about Excel until this year and now I have replaced Works with it! I know you've been keeping up with the points probably closer than anyone else besides Clint and me, if you have Excel on your computer, I'll get you a copy of this program next year if you'd like? The way Clint has it set up, you type the scores only once and everything is done automaticly. I've even added a few pages to keep up with other things to make it easier on other things I'm keeping track of. Since you can't add pages to Works, it's been trashed!

yes it will take one heck of a long shot to win, but we will see what happens. ok as far as the person that can pull this off lets make it one of the team members on the mars pit crews. how many people are playing on a pit crew?? lets make it one of us since we have been here all year. the sad part about this who is going to be there that weekend. i bet there is some heavy hitter from the midwest there. maybe a small showme race. with the prices of fuel drivers in the 200 mile range or so should be there execpt the MLRA drivers. but dont count some of them out. i wouldnt be surpise to see vaughn there this year. 10 grand is better then what they pay for the championship so why not make this race if he is 2nd in points & wont do no better. can wait to make my picks now.

Dennis after the events of last Sunday at Monett I really wouldn't look for Vaughn there.Could be wrong though.

2nd Annual Lucas Oil Late Model Nationals

ok, this is the last time that i will re-work this knoxville trip. I hope this will satisfy everyone that is wanting to go.

so here it is......

Saturday, October 1, 2005
7:00am Depart from Springfield, MO
3:00am Approximate arrival time to hotel
4:30pm Approximate arrival to Knoxville Raceway for Feature Race
11:00pm Approximate arrival back to Hotel

Sunday, October 2, 2005
7:00am Free Breakfast at Hotel (fruit, donuts, waffles, biscuits and gravy)
4:00pm Approximate arrival back to Springfield, MO

Package includes:
Motorcoach Transportation, 1 night at the Comfort Inn and general admission seating for the Feature race on Saturday, October 1st.

Prices:
$172.00 Single, based on 1 person in room.
$135.00 per person, based on 2 people sharing a room.
$122.00 per person, based on 3 people sharing a room.
$116.00 per person, based on 4 people sharing a room.

Conditions:
Final payment is due by September 30, 2005.

Please remember that I will be out of town from September 8 - 13, attending the World 100 and taking a few vacation days. If you are wanting to go, please call me on Wednesday, September 14th and I will add you to the list.

If you're interested please contact Brian at [email protected] or 417-888-4488, ext 2149.

dennis1964 said:
yes it will take one heck of a long shot to win, but we will see what happens. ok as far as the person that can pull this off lets make it one of the team members on the mars pit crews. how many people are playing on a pit crew?? lets make it one of us since we have been here all year. the sad part about this who is going to be there that weekend. i bet there is some heavy hitter from the midwest there. maybe a small showme race. with the prices of fuel drivers in the 200 mile range or so should be there execpt the MLRA drivers. but dont count some of them out. i wouldnt be surpise to see vaughn there this year. 10 grand is better then what they pay for the championship so why not make this race if he is 2nd in points & wont do no better. can wait to make my picks now.
Vaughn will not be at the Lebanon race I was amazed that he showed up at Monett after getting into it with the officials at the last MARS race he was at( I'm thinking it was Bolivar but not sure) Just like Purkey he likes to be a big fish in a little pond, in MARS he is a medium fish in a much larger pond. As far as drivers I'm thinking no more than 40 LM's, I hate to say it but with the gazillion sanctions up at I-80 they will have more cars than I-44, Ed Dixon will come down but I havn't seen any other STL drivers come down in the past two years

One last question?

dennis1964 said:

OK, when you say member of a pitcrew do you mean ANY member or just a member that is also in the Challenge or Chase for the Cup? All the Maniacs are in the Challenge but some of the members on Rikus team and the other team don't even get on 4M or nothing, therefore they aren't listed in the Cup standings. We decided last year to be in the running for the Cup you had to be on 4M. Let me know and I'll post the players eligible for the prize when I announce your gift in the info for the Legend's Challenge Update.

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
OK, when you say member of a pitcrew do you mean ANY member or just a member that is also in the Challenge or Chase for the Cup? All the Maniacs are in the Challenge but some of the members on Rikus team and the other team don't even get on 4M or nothing, therefore they aren't listed in the Cup standings. We decided last year to be in the running for the Cup you had to be on 4M. Let me know and I'll post the players eligible for the prize when I announce your gift in the info for the Legend's Challenge Update.
frank that sounds real good right there. ill go for that. you make the list of those players & they are the eligible players to win the tickets. the player that scores all 5 drivers in the first group in the correct order will win the tickets. in case more then one player happens to pick them all right the tie braker will go to the player with the least amount of points in the challange. good luck to all those are eligible. frank will let us know who you are.
dennis

ps. the seats are in sec. 211 row 55 seat 17 & 18 . you can go to kansas speedway web site & see where those seatd are at. i belive they are 3/4 the way up & to the right of the start finish line.

4M/VT Awards Update

4M/VT Midwest Challenge
Sept. 10, 2005
Awards Update

Well the first year of the 4M /VT Midwest Challenge is exiting turn four and on the last lap and headed for the checkered flag! While no races were held this past week, this update will be the last awards update until the final standings have been posted. It looks like anyone that has a chance in the Challenge, it’s only “mathematical” as Jet66 has all but wrapped it up it seems. There are fierce battles for positions throughout the rest of the field though and the top 5 and top 10 awards could both be shook up before the year is over.

The MARS Cup on the other hand is going right down to the last weekend. With 2 races left on the MARS schedule, Cross21 and Lunkerrnan are only separated by 45 points going into the final weekend. Jet66 and Riku are sitting in third and fourth in the standings and have on outside shot at the Cup as well. So it looks like the MARS Cup will find a new home in Missouri for next year. I want to take this opportunity once again to thank Sozo (Robert Shankle) for making the Cup possible. It has been a blast defending it this year but a tough task indeed. I also want to say to the winner, it’s easier to win it than to defend it! From week one I could hear the wolves a howling at the door and it looks like I’ve finally got to let them in. I already can’t wait until next year to try to get MY Cup back!

Also, during the coming week I will be putting out information on the Legends Challenge coming up on Sept.23rd-24th. This will be the last Challenge of the year and was put together because Racefest 2005 was all but washed away. The next Challenge will be the Early Thaw Challenge in January. The Early Thaw races WILL NOT count on the points for next years Challenge but they will be played for performance certificates in next years year end awards.

During the off season of the Challenge, I was thinking of what to do with the updates. I hope I have came up with a reasonable solution to this. Next week I will post a questionnaire on both forums for those playing the Challenge and for the MARS Cup. PLEASE take some time to answer these questions and get them emailed back to me. Then during the winter I will be doing “player profiles” in the updates to let the other players to kind of get to know each other a little better. If anyone is planning on playing the Challenge or for the MARS Cup next year that didn’t play this year (Mudnut, Bgarrison, etc.) please answer these questions as well. For the players that played the Challenge this year I will have statistics on this years Challenge included in your profile. I’m thinking this might help pass the time off a little bit better and still keep us in touch over the winter in some way. I sure hope you all get involved in this and get the answers back to me.

UP NEXT:
Next weekend, only 2 traces are on the schedule to be scored. MLRA will be hold both of these races. Cbrown goes into this weekend with a commanding lead in the MLRA points and for those behind him, time is running out. Friday night the 16th, they will be in action at the LA Raceway in Lamonte, MO. This will mark the first visit to the Lamonte track this year. On Saturday the 24th, the MLRA moves to the Winston Speedway in Winston, MO. They raced at this track on April 16th and Al Purkey came away with a hard fought victory. GRT44c and Cbrown both tied for the highest scoring Challenge players for this event with scores of 135 points.

I would like to add another Challenge sponsor starting this week. Hopefully Brian will let me know if any of the information is wrong and I’ll get it corrected before his next spot in the update.

Let’s think back. Remember just a few short weeks ago how hot is was? Unbearable is a word I heard used quite a bit being used around these parts. Enough said! Now let’s think ahead a little. We all know the winters here in the Ozarks aren’t the worst in the world, but they sure could be a lot better! Just think, wouldn’t you rather be walking around in 6 inches of soft white sand or 6 inches of freezing cold snow? How would you like to be wearing those shirts with flowers all over them while drinking cool drinks with little umbrellas in them rather than big winter coats and hot coffee just trying to keep from freezing to death. Well friends, if this sounds like something you would like to experience, give the folks a Great Southern Travel a call! They can set up that winter vacation in a warm tropical place that will make you forget about the harsh winters we’ve grown accustom to around here, if just for a few short days. And next summer, they can get you out of the heat with a trip to the Canadian Rockies or even Alaska! Now think about this, next year when that special race comes along you’ve wanted to go to for years, if you take that special someone on one of the vacations, you’ll have leverage to use for that BIG race! Sort of makes this a win, win situation wouldn’t you say? Let’s support these fine folks because they support the finest sport in all of the free world, auto racing! Get a hold of Brian and his staff at Great Southern Travel today and book that vacation you’ve always dreamed of. Tell your friends about this place and that friendship will be sure to grow Phone them at 417-888-4488 and ask for Brian Garrison and he’ll be glad to help you make those dreams come true!

A look at how the awards situation would be if they were passed out today:

Season (Top 5)
Winner will receive Traveling Plaque, providing they agree to rules for playing for the Plaque, and Champion certificate. Winner will be notified of these rules when declared the winner.
Others receive Top 5 certificates.
1. Jet66-10995
2. Cbork23-10385
3. Fetllmn-10050
4. Opp88-9830
5. Dennis1964-9655

Season (Top 10)
Receive certificates
6. GRT44c-9540
7. Budweiser-9150
8. Sozo-9125
9. Cbrown-9005
10. Riku-8790

Season (Top 20)
Receive certificates
11. Nvssei-8550
12. Sozo, Jr.-8540
13. RikusAngel-7350
14. Pictureman-7220
15. Chrisdirtracer65802-6890
16. 75Phillipsfan-4365
17. SuperD-3625
18. Longmiestr-3175

MARS (Top 5)
Receive certificates
Jet66-2900
Riku-2840
Fetllmn-2815
3. GRT44c-2815
5. Cbork23-2800

MLRA (Top 5)
Receive certificates
Cbrown-2465
Fetllmn-21051220
Cbork23-2095
Dennis1964-2075
Jet66-2050

SMRS (Top 5)
Receive certificates
Jet66-2200
Nvssei-2011
Opp88-2085
Pictureman-2020
Fetllmn-1945

TORA (Top 5)
Receive certificates
Jet66-1050
Dennis1964-895
Cbork23-855
GRT44c-840
Nvssei-835

WDRL (Top 5)
Receive certificates
Jet66-2810
Cbork23-2715
Fetllmn-2410
Opp88-2295
Dennis1964-2265

Most Wins (Top5)
Compiled of how players “as a group” performed. This is NOT wins on Virtual Thunder.
Receive certificates
Jet66-18
Cbrown-14
Cbork23-13
Dennis1964-10
GRT44c-9

Winners Circle Points (Top 10)
Receive certificates
Jet66-1760
Cbork23-1350
Cbrown-1250
Fetllmn-1195
Dennis1964-1190
GRT44c-1055
Opp88-1015
Sozo-995
Nvssei-835
Riku-830
Hard Charger-Overall (Top 3)
*Ties on Hard Charger Awards will go to the HIGHEST point player
Only WINNER will receive award
Cbork23(+12)
Opp88(+6)
2. GRT44c(+6)
2. Riku(+6)

Hard Charger-MARS (Top 3)
Cbork23(+11)
Riku(+10)
Fetllmn(+6)
3. Budweiser(+6)

Hard Charger-MLRA (Top 3)
Cbork23(+13)
Fetllmn(+5)
RikusAngel(+4)

Hard Charger-SMRS (Top 3)
Sozo, Jr.(+10)
Budweiser(+6)
3. Jet66(+5)
3. GRT44c(+5)

Hard Charger-TORA (Top 3)
Dennis1964(+9)
Cbor23(+6)
3. Opp88(+4)
3. GRT44c(+4)

Hard Charger-WDRL (Top3)
Sozo(+6)
1. Riku(+6)
3. Dennis1964(+5)

Due to some players dropping some of the series during the year, the Hard Luck Awards will not be played fro as planned. I really don’t think this will hurt anyone’s feelings!

Hall of Records
ALL 200 point or better races receive certificates
April 24-Pictureman(205) Monett Speedway, Monett, MO(SMRS)
May 21-RikusAngel(210) Milan Speedway, Milan, TN(MARS)
May 21-GRT44c(205) Milan Speedway, Milan, TN(MARS)
June 25- Cbrown(210) Midway Speedway, Lebanon, MO(MLRA)
Sept. 2-Riku(205) Memphis Motorspotrs Park, Memphis, TN(MARS)
Sept. 4-Jet66(205) Monett Speedway, Monett, MO(MARS)
Sept. 4-Opp88(205) Monett Speedway, Monett, MO(MARS)

MARS Cup (Top 20)
Winner will receive MARS Cup providing they agree to rules for playing for the Cup. Winner will be notified of these rules when declared the winner.
1. Cross21-3020
2. Lunkerman-2985
3. Jet66-2910
4. Riku-2840
5. GRT44c-2815
5. Fetllmn-2815
7. Cbork23-2800
8. Opp88-2790
9. Budweiser-2755
10. Oddrah242000-2720
11. RikusAngel-2705
12.Dennis1964-2690
13. Pictureman-2605
14. Sozo-2595
15. LM60Fan-2475
15. Nvssei-2475
17. Sozo, Jr.-2450
17. Chrisdirtracer65802-2450
19. 75Phillipsfan-2385
20. Temp74464-2155

The internet home for the 4M/VT Midwest Challenge is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4M-VT_Midwest_Challenge

For a more detailed look at the Challenge standings visit:

http://www.826race.com/4mvt.pdf

I finally got a couple of sample pictures of the perfomance certificates on the group site that will be passed out for the year end awards. They can be found in the VT Awards folder.

Chrisdirtracer said:
Hey ADF I will be there Sunday Night.

Yeah, I seen that on 4M before it went down. Did you hear who won the World 100? I can't seem to get back on over there.

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
Yeah, I seen that on 4M before it went down. Did you hear who won the World 100? I can't seem to get back on over there.
Shannon Babb!No wait a minute Mac Daddy :partytime .Babb 10 lbs too light. :einstein: :dunce: :blush:

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
I will bring the SURPRISE for u
:beerbang:

dennis1964 said:
frank have you got me a list of players for my challenge???

Here's the list of players eligible for the Busch tix.

75Phillipsfan
Budweiser
Cbork23
Cbrown
Chrisdirtracer65802
Dennis1964
Fetllmn
GRT44c
Jet66
LM60Fan
Longmiestr
Nvssei
Oddrah242000
Opp88
Pictureman
Riku
RikusAngel
Sozo
Sozo, Jr.

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
I finally got a couple of sample pictures of the perfomance certificates on the group site that will be passed out for the year end awards. They can be found in the VT Awards folder.

Those look great Frank, you are the man! :beerbang:

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
Here's the list of players eligible for the Busch tix.

75Phillipsfan
Budweiser
Cbork23
Cbrown
Chrisdirtracer65802
Dennis1964
Fetllmn
GRT44c
Jet66
LM60Fan
Longmiestr
Nvssei
Oddrah242000
Opp88
Pictureman
Riku
RikusAngel
Sozo
Sozo, Jr.
What are we picking for this?

Chrisdirtracer said:

For anyone in a MARS pitcrew that picks ALL FIVE PLACES IN ONE GROUP for the Willard feature, Dennis will give you 2 tickets to the Busch race at the Kansas Speedway next month.

I will put out the infor on the Legends Challenge this week and more info on this will be in there. It's gonna be hard to do, but with a prize like this it shouldn't be easy!

Jet thanks fior the compiment. The awards may not be exactly like those as I've hadto get a new computer and this one don't have all the fonts on it the other one does. If anybiody knows how to add fonts from a font program please let me know. I've got a fonts disk but I can't seem to get them on the computer? :idunno: :dunce:

Hey Rob, what's worse than OU getting beat by TCU? Arkansas losing to that SEC POWERHOSE Vanderbilt AT HOME!!! The talk on the message boards is Nutt has to go!!!! Some are wanting quick termination while others want to let him ride the season out. The talk is 2-9,4-7 or 5-6 at best. 5-6 at best is very sad indeed. Almost makes one want to become a Sooner fan but not quite. ;)

USC is next on the schedule and it might not be pretty. I don't know if this game is on TV, but I hope not. The country could the murdering of a football team! LOL

Good thing basketball is just around the corner. But then again, Heath's job will probablly depend on how this season goes! This time next year we could have 2 new coaches for the major sports teams?

WOW is that the KC Chiefs on the field right now...LOL...But then again it isn't over yet.... :cuckoo: :bsflag:

Chrisdirtracer said:

chris i am putting up 2 tickets to the kc busch race oct. 8 to any one eligible players that can pick the top 5 drivers in the correct order of the 10 grand williard race. ( it has to be in your first set of picks). like frank said it will be tough to do but it will be fun to ty as it is every week but with a chance to win 2 busch tickets. plus the mlra, wdrl tora & i sure a few mars divers will be there at lakeside for the weekend for some good raceing. in the past this weeks races at lakeside draws over 65 late models the last 2 nights. it is 2 bad they only give 2500 the first night & 5000 the 2nd night to win. with that many cars there & the place is pack with 5 to 6 thousand people there at 20 bucks a pop they should be paying 5 grand the first night & 10 grand the 2nd. you talking about a track that is making the money it is lakeside. we figure the last 2 years this track has made 175000 profit off just 4 nights of racing. if you was to own a track this would be the one you would want. sad part about this weekend they evening have a big sponsor for the races. ok enough about that. i just hope someone can pick all 5 drivers right.
good luck
dennis

GRT44c said:
WOW is that the KC Chiefs on the field right now...LOL...But then again it isn't over yet.... :cuckoo: :bsflag:
They did good Cliff.I though I was doing bad in VT.2 and 11 so far today in the nfl! :crash: :flushed: :dunce: :blush: :mad:

sozo said:
They did good Cliff.I though I was doing bad in VT.2 and 11 so far today in the nfl! :crash: :flushed: :dunce: :blush: :mad:
Yeah for opening day they did pretty good at least there was a defense this year, the first quarter was awesome...Just hope they can keep it up they got a pretty tough schedule... :eek:

Well, after about 5 or 6 years I finally got to meet NVFAN last night at Monett! We taliked a little of the old days when racing was better and a little on how he keeps doing as good as he does on VT jsut playing off the internet. We also talked a little about what he does for a living out in Vegas and you guys won't beleive it! I'l fill you all in this winter when I profile the players of VT (Now Bruce, you've got to answer the questions when I get them posted, I don't want to get anything wrong!)

Also got my ANDY'S TP cap from Chris last night and I'll be sporting it at the Willard race. Really cool caps and I just know when you all see how much better it makes me look, you'll all go out and buy yourselves one! ;)

I don't know if it was mentioned on 4m or not since I can't seem to get it to load, but one of those little legends cars took a wild ride in turn 3. This is the first time I seen these cars so I don't know the names, but the #7 was passing #3 (Comer?) for the lead and got into the right rear. The #7 went airborn and flipped a couple of times at least before we lost sight of him going off the end. Mean Gene said he was a okay but it looked really bad. It says a lot of how those little cars are built after seeing that. I hope this class takes off as they were pretty fun to watch.

Midwest Challenge "Legend's Challenge" Announcment

4M/VT Midwest Challenge
Sept. 12, 2005
“The Legend’s Classic Challenge”

With the success earlier in the season with the “Sizzlin’ Summer Challenge” and the “not so successful” Racefest 2005”, the 4m/VT Midwest Challenge will now hold another special challenge near the end of the year . Things really got heated up in July with the Sizzler and the players were really looking forward to getting back at it during “Racefest 2005”. Only thing is, Mother Nature had different plans in mind. Two of the four WDRL races planned succumbed to rains in Minnesota and Iowa during the week. Then the MLRA got washed out over the weekend in Memphis, MO. And if this wasn’t enough, MARS and TORA also lost races to the weather in Eldon, MO and Mayetta, KS respectfully. As it turned out, Racefest was the challenge that wasn’t.

The powers that be with the Midwest Challenge has put together another special challenge to make up for the somewhat loss of Racefest 2005. This challenge will take place over just a 2 day period with all Challenge series getting at least 1 race in, in these 2 days. It will be dubbed “The Legend’s Classic Challenge” and will take place on September 23rd and 24th.

The MLRA and TORA will both be in action both days at the I-80 Speedway in Greenwood, NE at the running of the “Cornhusker Classic“. The WDRL will be making 2 appearances at the West Liberty Raceway in West Liberty, IA. On Friday, the 23rd, They will run the “Al Frieden Memorial” race and Saturday they will have the “Liberty Classic”.

The “Bill Willard Memorial” at Lebanon, Missouri’s I-44 Speedway will host two more Challenge series. MARS will be in action racing both nights23rd and 24th. The SMRS will join in the festivities on Saturday night the 24th, and rounding out the weekends events.

Just like the previous mini challenges, any 4mer NOT in the regular Challenge can play along in this challenge with us. I once again hope Bgarrison joins in on this and also hope Mudnut gets involved in this as well. I’m looking forward to you two guys along with Oddrah242000 and other hopefuls running for the Rookie of the Year in next years Challenge.

The “legend’s” of this challenge are for three men who have done a lot for racing here in the Midwest and the Challenge would like to honor these men for their accomplishments just like the fans will honor them while attending these races. The “legend’s” are Al Frieden, Bill Willard and Larry Phillips.

Al Frieden was the former promoter of the West Liberty Raceway who promoted races in Eastern Iowa for close to 25 years. Before taing up promoting, Al was a car owner of several Iowa drivers, including Verlin Eakers, who in 1972 took Al’s, car to the winner’s circle of the World 100 at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, OH. He made quite a name for himself in his time and was one of the pioneers of what dirt late model racing is today in the upper Midwest.

Bill Willard built and promoted the I-44 Speedway in Lebanon starting in 1983 up until his untimely death in2002. When this track was constructed, it was not only one of the best in the Midwest, but all of North America. Many of the sports greatest past, present and future dirt late model drivers have toured the high banks of I-44 Speedway. He a;so bought and completely rebuilt the Bolivar Speedway and made it the showplace it is today. His B&D truck port sponsored many cars throughout the years including those of Larry Phillips and Ken Essary.

Larry Phillips was the original intimidator of racing! This guy could do with a race car what many could only dream of doing. He won many races in the MLRA in the early years before moving “back” to asphalt in the late 1980’s. While racing the paved tracks, Larry picked up 5 NASCAR Winston Weekly Racing Series titles, a record that still stand today. He was a regular at I-44 Speedway when it ran as an asphalt track. Larry lost his battle with cancer last year and the southwest MO racing scene will never be the same without the familiar blue and white (red and white on asphalt) car circling the track.

In honor of the accomplishments and memories these fine gentlemen gave to the sport we all love, we here at the 4M/VT Midwest Challenge would like to pay tribute to them as well. We feel that making them part of “The Legend’s Classic Challenge” is the best way we can pay our tribute. The top five in this special challenge will receive performance certificates and these “hero’s” names will be on the certificates as well.

Now get this as an added bonus for members of the MARS Pitcrew! Anyone who can pick the top 5 in order in one group (240 points) for the $10,000 to win Willard race will receive 2 tickets for the Busch race at the Kansas Speedway on October 8th courtesy of Dennis1964!

ONLY MEMBERS OF THE PITCREWS THAT ARE PLAYING THE CHALLENGE OR PLAYING FOR THE MARS CUP ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PRIZE!

This is the biggest prize so far in the Challenge or Cup and will make my year end awards look measly. The seats are in sec. 211 row 55 seat 17 & 18 . you can go to Kansas Speedway web site & see where those seats are located.

http://www.kansasspeedway.com/

Good luck to everybody on this race. Thanks Dennis!

Here is a list of players eligible for the tickets:

75Phillipsfan
Budweiser
Cbork23
Cbrown
Chrisdirtracer65802
Dennis1964
Fetllmn
GRT44c
Jet66
LM60Fan
Longmiestr
Nvssei
Oddrah242000
Opp88
Pictureman
Riku
RikusAngel
Sozo
Sozo, Jr.

And remember, this week the Challenge has only 2 races, both MLRA events. Friday night they are at the LA Raceway in Lamonte, MO and Saturday night they are off to the Winston Speedway in Winston, MO. There won’t be many points to be made this week so every point is critical in you chance for moving up in the standings.

you are welcaome frank. in case there is a tie the player with the least overall points will be declare the winner. good luck everyone.

Looks like I won't be making it to the Phillips Memorial race next weekend. :sad: Going to go to LR SUPR race this weekend as a subsitute. :rolleyes: :lol2: Floyd is going to be there though.

sozo said:
Looks like I won't be making it to the Phillips Memorial race next weekend. :sad: Going to go to LR SUPR race this weekend as a subsitute. :rolleyes: :lol2: Floyd is going to be there though.
OH man that's a bad deal, was hoping several of us would be there......

i will be there for both nights. is everyone meeting at picturemans table or are you all going to be sitting in the same general area? let me know.

#75Phillipsfan said:
i will be there for both nights. is everyone meeting at picturemans table or are you all going to be sitting in the same general area? let me know.
We usually meet between 5:30 & 6:00 by the restrooms but I'll be up around picturemans table also.....

Back
Top Bottom