VT Midwest Challenge

• Thread starter ArkinsawDurtFan
  • Start date
GRT44c said:
We usually meet between 5:30 & 6:00 by the restrooms but I'll be up around picturemans table also.....

WOW, 5:30pm? :eek:

i will probably be there around the 6 or after mark.

but i will look for you all.

sozo said:
Looks like I won't be making it to the Phillips Memorial race next weekend. :sad: Going to go to LR SUPR race this weekend as a subsitute. :rolleyes: :lol2: Floyd is going to be there though.

Well Rob, it's looking like you may not be the only no show for that race, it looks like work is gonna keep me home next weekend as well. :( I guess I was just lucky to get up there last year? It seems everytime I want to go to Bolivar or Lebanon something comes up! :mad:

Brian, let me know when you've made up your mind for sure on the Knoxville trip. I hope a lot of the ones that told you they would go for the one day deal have got ahold of you yesterday or today. PM me on here or 4M and let me know what you've decided when you make up your mind if you would. Thanks

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
Well Rob, it's looking like you may not be the only no show for that race, it looks like work is gonna keep me home next weekend as well. :( I guess I was just lucky to get up there last year? It seems everytime I want to go to Bolivar or Lebanon something comes up! :mad:

Man it's gonna be a long time before we all meet up again, to bad you guys can't make it... Of course I guess I'll see Rob at the CHILI BOWL right....LOL.... :D :D :growl: :eek2: :lol2: :wacko: :tomato:

GRT44c said:
ArkinsawDurtFan said:

Man it's gonna be a long time before we all meet up again, to bad you guys can't make it... Of course I guess I'll see Rob at the CHILI BOWL right....LOL.... :D :D :growl: :eek2: :lol2: :wacko: :tomato:
Yeah Cliff,it is going to be a while,bummer.The only chili bowl for me this winter will be on my table and you are more than welcome to join me!LOL :biggrin: :laugh:

sozo said:
Yeah Cliff,it is going to be a while,bummer.The only chili bowl for me this winter will be on my table and you are more than welcome to join me!LOL :biggrin: :laugh:
I may take you up on that... I'm really thinking about going this year like I said before everyone that I know that has been to it say it's quite a show...I just have to give you a hard time about it though...LOL...

sozo said:
Pick Frank up on the way down and we'll do some bench racing ,hot stove style!LOL :partytime
I can do that haven't been down that way for awhile...LOL...It's probably going to be a long winter........

At least OU was played a game!

sozo said:
Hey Frank,at least our teams only stunk up 1 city this weekend! :rolleyes: :flushed:

I don't think my team ever showed up!!! After the first series I thought Arkansas' defense had a break down. After the second series I thought the bus the Arkansas' defense was riding in had a break down at about Gallup, NM, we didn't have any!!!! It could have been worse though, it was only 70-17, they "could have" ran the score up on us hadn't the USC coach not stopped the band after their halftime show and told them to suit up! LOL

I have come to the conclussion that the Hogs ain't to good this year? :confused: :rolleyes: I don't know how we got past Missouri State(formerly SMSU)? We must have just caught them at a bad time. LOL

VT Midwest Challenge Week #22

VT Midwest Challenge
Sept. 19, 2005
Week 22 Update

This past weekend the 4M/VT Midwest Challenge was back ion action after a well deserved week off. The players used the week off to get ready for the stretch run of the Challenge and used this past weekend to maybe try out new strategies for the upcoming Legends Challenge to be played next weekend. Many spots in the tp ten are yet to be determined and we only have the next few weeks to make the best of the situation we find ourselves in.

This past weekend the MLRA was the one series to race. The eldest of the Challenge series was in action Friday night the 16th at the LA Raceway in Lamont, MO for their only race there this aeason. Saturday night the 17th they ventured to the Winston Speedway in Winston, MO for the second time of the year.

Friday nights race saw Coffeyville KS driver Al Purkey pick up another win on the MLRA Thunder Tour. This moved him on more step closer to his fourth series title, something no one else has yet to accomplish in the series long history. Challenge point leader Jet66 also kept his championship run in high gear as he picked up the win for the Lamont race. His 185 points were enough to hold off the threesome of Sozo, Pictureman and Opp88, who each scored a respectable 175 point each. Budweiser took the fifth spot in the feature race with a score of 160.

Saturday night Purkey found himself in the winners circle once again proving once again he is “the man” on this year’s senior curcit. This win marked the ninth time he found himself holding the big check at the end of the race.Also on this night, MLRA series point leader Cbrown once again took the win with 150 points. This was the Sedelia, MO’s tenth win on the MLRA docket among Challenge players, the most any player has won in a series this year. It was also his fifteenth win overall placing him only second to Jet 66(19) for the most wins. Nvssei and Sozo each scored 140 points to tie fro second while Opp88 and Cbork 23 tied for fourth with 115 markers each. This weeks top performers in the MLRA were Sozo(315), Jet66(290), Nvssei(290), Opp88(290) and Cbrown(285). The top 5 in MLRA points are:

Cbrown-2750
Cbork23-2360
Fetllmn-2350
Jet66-2340
Dennis1964-2285

UP NEXT:
This coming weekend no less than nine races will be ran on Friday and Saturday nights. These races will make up “The Legends Challenge” and will have ALL the Challenge series in action at least once in the 2 days of action. The MLRA and TORA will bothe be in action at the Cornhusker Classic at Greenwood, Nebraska’s I-80 Speedway Friday and Saturday nights. The MARS cars will take to the highbanksd of Lebanon’s (MO) I-44 Speedway for the Larry Phillips Memorial Friday and Saturday as well. The SMRS will join in on the festivities at Lebanon Saturday night. The WDRL will take to the track at West Liberty, Iowa’s West Liberty Raceway both nights of the weekend. Friday nights event is billed as the Al Frieden Memorial, while Saturday night they will be racing in the Liberty Fall Classic.

BUS TRIP:
I want to make mention of the bus trip to the Knoxville Nationals in Knoxville, IA that Brian Grrison at Great Southern Travel has put together. We knew for awhile that Brian was putting this package together, but up until Friday he didn’t know how many days the trip would actually be. This package consist of:

Round trip transportation from Springfield to Knoxville and back. (With stops in Bolivar and Kansas City along the way)
2 night of racing, Friday and Saturday nights
2 nights lodging in Oskaloosa, IA at the Comfort Inn (FREE Breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings)
A trip to the Des Moines area Saturday before the races
Prices:
$215.00 Single, based on 1 person in room.
$129.00 per person, based on 2 people sharing a room.
$100.00 per person, based on 3 people sharing a room.
$85.00 per person, based on 4 people sharing a room.

This is the 3rd trip Brian has been able to reward the dirt fans of the area with, the first 2 being the big modified special and the Topless 100 both at the Batesville Speedway. I knew you couldn’t beat the prices on the first two trips and was lucky enough to get on the Topless bus. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bit skeptical at what to expect, but Brian is a real professional at what he does and makes everyone feel right at home on one of these trips and will go out of his way to accommodate every need. On the way back to Springfield from the Topless I got to thinking I needed to make the Knoxville trip and it only took me a few days to get a hold of Brian to get signed up after we got back. Everyone agrees that the other 2 trips were well worth the money and this trip is just as good and maybe even better! I would STROGLY suggest that if your even thinking about making this trip, get a hold of Brian at [email protected] or call him at 417-888-4488, ext 2149. He has to know how many rooms to book by the 21st, so don’t delay! If you’re thinking you may jump on this deal next year, next year may be too late. We probably won’t see a rate this low next year as Brian had to pull some strings for us fans to get this deal!

I for one can’t wait until he puts together his “dirt schedule” for next year and I will post info on his “NASCAR schedule” in updates when he gets it to me. So if you or someone you know has been wanting to make a NASCAR race, stay tuned!

This coming weekend will be the last race at Lebanon’s I-44 Speedway. Have you bought all the pictures you want before next year? If not, you better swing by Ron Mitchell’s Racing Photography and Collectibles and get that picture you’ve been wanting before it’s to late! And remember, Ron has the small die cast cars for the collector on your Christmas list. You don’t want to go to a specialty store to buy one of these when Ron has them for a fraction of the cost. Miss Mudslinger Calendars are also available! PLUS he is going to get Miss Muddified Calendars featuring Ms. Amanda Norris in the future (I think), ask Ron about getting you on of these over the winter if he hasn’t got them this weekend. Right on the quality and right on the price, that’s Ron Mitchell’s Racing Photography and Collectibles.

4M/VT Midwest Challenge points as of 9/18/05

1. Jet66-11280
2. Cbork23-10650
3. Fetllmn-10295
4. Opp88-10120
5. Dennis1964-9865
6. GRT44c-9780
7. Sozo-9440
8. Budweiser-9115
9. Cbrown-9290
10. Riku-9045
11. Nvssei-8840
12. Sozo, Jr.-8780
13. RikusAngel-7565
14. Pictureman-7485
15. Chrisdirtracer65802-7030
16. 75Phillipsfan-4365
17. SuperD-3675
18. Longmiestr-3175

For a more detailed look at the Challenge standings, visit:
http://www.826race.com/4mvt.pdf

The internet home for the Challenge is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4M-VT_Midwest_Challenge

Frank,
See what happens when I actually see a race car. LOL I might be able to hang with some of you all if I was watching more races. :growl:

NVSSEI said:
Frank,
See what happens when I actually see a race car. LOL I might be able to hang with some of you all if I was watching more races. :growl:

Yeah, I'm thinking you need to move back into the area, I bet Ken would say the same! :) Are you already back out in Vegas? Maybe next year you can get back for a MARS or MLRA show since the Show Me is out of the question. Maybe you can get the Topless week off and jump on the bus down to Batesville?

Well Frank, Looks like the JET is ging to Knoxville, just e-mailed Brian! :beerbang:

Yeah, I'm back home. There is a possibility that I may be back the first of May for a graduation. Any big races then??

Its a go Frank. This shoud be a fun trip. I been working a lot of overtime since we got back from the topless, and I had 2 days vacation left, and said I need a break from 50+ hours a week. Im going to Knoxville! lol. Been trying to get opp to go and another friend, but looks like it just me and my girlfriend. Who else do you know of going? I think we need to get sozo and GRT on the bus to.:cheers:

I wish I could go but I going be in Tusla next month need to save money for that so I make money there. Bowling pays for most of my racing in the spring. So someone tel me how VT is working the races at lebanon for the MARS. I see seprated picks. pluas let me know what i need to play this weekend since i am staying up there all weekend.. thank you all
:lurk:

There is somewhat of a scheduling error on VT for everybody to think about. The Cornhusker Classic is a two day show, but only the heats and dash will be run on night 1. The feature, which we need to pick for, is on Saturday. I got the MLRA picks set, but the TORA schedule still shows Friday. I let Dave know, but not sure if he is going to fix it or not. I am also going to try and go through to add a bunch of drivers that aren't currently in the MLRA picks. If you see somebody that is missing let me know before Thursday.

JET66 said:
I think we need to get sozo and GRT on the bus to.:cheers:

Man that would be neat Jet.I'm already in deep depression about backing out of I-44.Guess it's the smrs at the spooker for us and we're done.

Vega said:
There is somewhat of a scheduling error on VT for everybody to think about. The Cornhusker Classic is a two day show, but only the heats and dash will be run on night 1. The feature, which we need to pick for, is on Saturday. I got the MLRA picks set, but the TORA schedule still shows Friday. I let Dave know, but not sure if he is going to fix it or not. I am also going to try and go through to add a bunch of drivers that aren't currently in the MLRA picks. If you see somebody that is missing let me know before Thursday.
Thanks Vega.

Vega said:

Thanks for getting us straight on the Nebrasks race Vega. They got the MARS races fixed too. The last time I checked over there it was messed up. I was gonna send Dave a line about that this week if it hadn't been corrected.So I guess this is how it goes this weekend then:

Friday night-MARS & WDRL
Saturday night- MARS, WDRL, MLRA, TORA & SMRS

Seven races to be scored. Is this how everybody else see's it?

JET66 said:
Its a go Frank. This shoud be a fun trip. I been working a lot of overtime since we got back from the topless, and I had 2 days vacation left, and said I need a break from 50+ hours a week. Im going to Knoxville! lol. Been trying to get opp to go and another friend, but looks like it just me and my girlfriend. Who else do you know of going? I think we need to get sozo and GRT on the bus to.:cheers:

I PMed Brian yesterday just to find out if the new prices had any effect. He said the bus was filling up fast! I already know it's gonna be a fun trip, you and the gal will like it I'm sure. Opp's really gonna be sorry he missed out on this one! I got a call from Chris (dlm91) Comer's dad last Friday and he said him and Chris were going, that's the only two I know of for sure. I'm sure Brian's dad will be on there and the guy that was trying to talk me into going on this trip all of the last trip to the Topless will be there I'm sure. He was really trying to get the bus filled up because he was wanting to go to Knoxville BAD! When I got off at Springfield I turned and asked him if he was for sure going to Knoxville (I was really thinking of going by then) and he said if the bus was going up, he'd be on it.

Cliff, get somebody from work to go up and share a room with them! For $129 you CAN'T beat this deal! I know you were talking about going earlier and with the price cut you can't afford NOT to go! Come on! LOL I would ask Rob, but he's saving his racing for the Chili Bowl! LOL ;)

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
Thanks for getting us straight on the Nebrasks race Vega. They got the MARS races fixed too. The last time I checked over there it was messed up. I was gonna send Dave a line about that this week if it hadn't been corrected.So I guess this is how it goes this weekend then:

Friday night-MARS & WDRL
Saturday night- MARS, WDRL, MLRA, TORA & SMRS

Seven races to be scored. Is this how everybody else see's it?
No Frank,the way I see it is each race ought to count 5 times normal value so I can possibably make up some ground.Hey Man you FORGOT about the SMRS at the SPOOKER!!!!!!!! You WILL be there ,right? :biggrin: :partytime

sozo said:
No Frank,the way I see it is each race ought to count 5 times normal value so I can possibably make up some ground.Hey Man you FORGOT about the SMRS at the SPOOKER!!!!!!!! You WILL be there ,right? :biggrin: :partytime

Check my edit on the post before yours! If you THINK about the Chili Bowl, I'll THINK about the Spooker! LOL I'l see how the Spooker goes this year and I MIGHT come down next year. :rolleyes:

sozo said:
No Frank,the way I see it is each race ought to count 5 times normal value so I can possibably make up some ground. :biggrin: :partytime

I don't think I want to do that. I would REALLY like for you to make up ground and all, but if the races counted 5 times the norm, Jet would score so many points he would break this NEW computer and I can't afford another one right now! LOL Now........if we could somehow get Jet NOT to pick this weekend we could make the races count 5 time better and somebody might get withinn 100 points of him! LOL

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
Check my edit on the post before yours! If you THINK about the Chili Bowl, I'll THINK about the Spooker! LOL I'l see how the Spooker goes this year and I MIGHT come down next year. :rolleyes:
Well if that's the case we'll see you in march someplace,probably S Coffeyville.LOL

I would love to go to Knoxville and had planned on it but just to much going on in the next few weeks, but watch out next year I'll be there...... :growl:

Well, If the price is right, maybe Ill think about not picking for this weekend, LOL. :D

Alrighty then!

I just took up a "cyber collection" and came up with a whopping $1.78! I've already got your stash of small unmarked coins placed in a tin can. Just let me know where to leave it and it's a done deal! While your out spending your new found wealth, we'll be on here adjusting our picks tryin to catch you.

Don't get used to the life of the rich and famous though, I really don't think the guys will be so generous next time. So I guess you'll be back to the rigors of making VT picks the week after this. But for now, go think of how your gonna spend this winfall you've got coming!

You can take that little gal of yours out to an exquisite dinner at the Waffle House, followed by a romantic Jim Carey movie, topped off with a night of disco dancing! Or maybe take off on that weekend getaway to Phillipsburg that you've been wanting to do for sometime now. With $1.78 in your pocket, the possibilitiies are endless!!!! Just have a good time and remember, we'll be thinking of you!

JET66 said:
ROFLMAO!! I was wanting a little more than $1.78.:lol2:

Hey man, with the economy in shambles and the threat of another hurricane looming this weekend, I think you better take the money and run before the other guys change their minds on this!!! We dug deep and made drastic cuts in our racing budgets to come up with the extra funds to help you out! We all "want more" but we are only human! Without breaking into our beer funds, I can see no way of getting you what you're wanting. And you know how Cliff gets when you start messing with his beer money!!!? Now if you change your mind, like you should, let me know where to leave the tin can! Phillipsburg is waiting!

If P-burg had a racetrack maybe I would take you up on it, but I dont think theres much to do there, LOL.:biggrin:

I seen Wendell has Knoxville on his site, wonder how many more drivers will show up that are not pre-entered? Man im ready to leave now, lol.:dirtbike:

JET66 said:
If P-burg had a racetrack maybe I would take you up on it, but I dont think theres much to do there, LOL.:biggrin:

Boy you drive a hard bargin! I'm not in a haggleing mood tonight but...... I did go to my girl's room (she went to church) and found a nickel! That brings the pot up to $1.83. I KNOW there's more where that came from, but the wife said the next time she caught me in her piggy bank there would be hell to pay!

Now that I know how you opperate, the next time I'll come in low, like $1.52 and work my way up. Just like a used car salesman, I'll know not to give you my best deal right off the top. That way when you get my best deal you'll think it's even better!

As for the Knoxville race, I take it that almost everybody is supose to be there! I've been looking forward to this too. And when Brian cut the price it just made it that much better!

Frank you are too funny man. :einstein:
I'm likeing my dicision about Lebanon more and more every day.Sounds like it would be a nasty drive home sunday.Still going to miss it BAD though.Looking forward to see who wins between Chad and Dan,not Dam(Dan).LOL Sorry about the typo the other day man. :blush:

Ok guys, I've updated the MRLA list in VT. You might look through there and see if anybody is missing and let me know if there is so I can get them added today.

ArkinsawDurtFan said:
Boy you drive a hard bargin! I'm not in a haggleing mood tonight but...... I did go to my girl's room (she went to church) and found a nickel! That brings the pot up to $1.83. I KNOW there's more where that came from, but the wife said the next time she caught me in her piggy bank there would be hell to pay!

Now Frank, just put on those pants and see whats in the piggy bank, LOL!

JET66 said:
ArkinsawDurtFan said:

Now Frank, just put on those pants and see whats in the piggy bank, LOL!
LOL Hey Jet ,you probably haven't learned yet but those pants can be REAL expensive!

I might need that $1.83 to help pay for a pair one of these days,LOL.

Back
Top Bottom