Weather check-in

We only use the charcoal to get the wood burning good!

And, DR, there is hot and then there is HOT. The first hot is fine, but the second HOT is when you walk outside and the heat just sucks the breath right out of you.

And on the flip side, you walk outside in the morning in February to subzero wind chill temperatures and friggin' 30 mph winds which feel like Freddy Kruger's running his knives across your face a thousand times over.:mad::mad::eek:

I hate the cold. I hate waking up with a stuffy nose feeling like I'm gonna die. I hate walking in the snow. I hate the feeling of the wind cutting your face off. I hate everything about winter and I don't like people who enjoy the cold and I really hate people who wish, pray and hope for colder winters every year because they keep getting their wish.:mad::mad:

And on the flip side, you walk outside in the morning in February to subzero wind chill temperatures and friggin' 30 mph winds which feel like Freddy Kruger's running his knives across your face a thousand times over.:mad::mad::eek:

I hate the cold. I hate waking up with a stuffy nose feeling like I'm gonna die. I hate walking in the snow. I hate the feeling of the wind cutting your face off. I hate everything about winter and I don't like people who enjoy the cold and I really hate people who wish, pray and hope for colder winters every year because they keep getting their wish.:mad::mad:

I hope it's colder this winter. I didn't get in near enough cross country skiing last winter.;)

Only 95 at my front window. On the north side in the heavy shade. Not a leaf moving.

I rode the 4 wheeler out to pick up the garbage can. Took maybe 8 minutes --- my hair was dripping down my neck when I got back.

It's SUMMER time, it's supposed to get hot now.

You know, many years ago the weather didn't bother people as much as today. They were used to it and didn't get much of a temperature change during the day. Today, what with the A/C and all, we walk out in the heat, then back into comfort. If we didn't have any A/C, we would not notice the difference much and might even prefer the outside where we could get a nice breeze now and then.

You know, many years ago the weather didn't bother people as much as today. They were used to it and didn't get much of a temperature change during the day. Today, what with the A/C and all, we walk out in the heat, then back into comfort. If we didn't have any A/C, we would not notice the difference much and might even prefer the outside where we could get a nice breeze now and then.
yeah for the good old days. :D

Yep!

Sure we were used to the temp, our bodies took care of the temp for us.

We would open our windows around sundown. During the night we would pull a blanket over us. At sunup we would close the windows to keep the inside of the house cool all day. Cooler at least than the outside.

This was in San Antonio, Texas before, during and after the war. I was 20 years old or more before I even new what A/C in a house was.
Betsy:rolleyes:

Got storms headed our way. I was going to go back up to Maryland today but I'm probably gonna skip out on tonight's race and wait for the weather to pass.

78 Murray ky
82 Camden, tn.
Can you please change your offensive avatar?
drama.gif

Betsy, notice how the youngins just skipped over the conversation about the old days. I just wonder if Andy would have survived those days. I do believe that Lappy could and most likely mag, but Andy? I don't know, he's so sensitive that now an avatar is offending him. Just think how he would be if he had to visit San Antonio in the summer. :eek:

buck, he'd melt like ice cream on a hot sidewalk.

I well remember growing up with an attic fan and all the windows open. Houston in the summer time could be miserable. But I don't think we knew we were hot.

I well remember growing up with an attic fan and all the windows open. Houston in the summer time could be miserable. But I don't think we knew we were hot.
That's what I mean, we all get used to what we have and take it for granted. In all of humanity, A/C has only been around for a few years, but like electricity, we probably wouldn't survive without it.

Basic training at Lackland, July and August. What I didn't sweat off I froze off at Amarillo until mid Jan.
I was there from February to September so I was able to witness both the cold and heat. BTW, just FYI after basic, I was a bugler in the drum and bugle corp at Lackland. I was one of those who would crawl up on the dipsty dumpster and play Taps at 9:00 pm. Oh what fun that was...not!

I'm in Florida it was 97 degrees today. It felt like 110 with no wind and bad humidity.

At 10 pm last night my son put my window a/c in. I have COPD and high temps with high humidity make it real tough on me. It's 11 am,79 degrees and83% humidity. Going to be a tough one.

I have a surprise "mid-life crisis" party to go to this afternoon. Hope I can make it, guys wife bought him a complete AC Cobra kit car, came complete with everything except air in the tires,,, lucky B:D

At 10 pm last night my son put my window a/c in. I have COPD and high temps with high humidity make it real tough on me. It's 11 am,79 degrees and83% humidity. Going to be a tough one.

I have a surprise "mid-life crisis" party to go to this afternoon. Hope I can make it, guys wife bought him a complete AC Cobra kit car, came complete with everything except air in the tires,,, lucky B:D

I know what you mean about the breathing. I have COPD too. Makes life tough sometimes but it could be worse I guess. My AC tore up this week and I had to have a new fan motor.

rain!

It is raining again in my hometown. I guess I had better get use to it!

It's supposed to rain for the next 2 weeks straight.:mad:

Today was clear, but there was so much rain last night the other local track couldn't run because of weeper problems. Actually, the weeper problems are because the track hasn't been repaved since 1978 and we're still trying to get the track owner's head out of his ass. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom