Weather Check-In

Who the hell sent you my pic? BTW, what did you think of my pose? :)

Just another hot day for me. I wore tan shoes with pink shoelaces, a polka dot vest 'cause I'm Buck da mailman and a big Panama with a purple hat band. I can't say that I stay cool as a cucumber, but I look awesome.
:fixed:
:p

It is so hot. I am glad I am in an air conditioned office.

Was sent to shoot pregame ceremonies at the ballpark, now I have to cover the whole game and Postgame. It's absolutely miserable.
I also remember last year one weekend where it was about this hot (I think it was in August) there was Three State Flyers double header, Friday night at Potomac, Saturday night at Winchester. Friday was oppressively hot and humid, but I loved every second of it. Saturday it was just as hot at Winchester, but since it's in the Appalachians, it wasn't nearly as humid. Think around 90º at midnight on both nights.

That's summer at the races!

Many years ago when I was flying somewhere, Chicago, Oklahoma City...I don't remember where, but I was sitting next to a young guy who told me that he was a chiropractor. It was in the summer and I remember it was hotter than (as Radar would put it) hotter than H E double toothpicks. We got to talking about how hot it was and he told me he loved it. I asked where he was going and he told me Florida. I said well you'll get plenty of heat down there and he told me that if he could, he would move even more south. Now I know that Chiros don't work out on the deck so his business would keep him inside, but the way he talked, he would sap up the heat as much as he could. Hard to imagine someone loving the heat like that. Me, while I love the coast and great weather, if I had to endure extreme weather, it would be on the cold side. You can always put more clothing on and move around to keep you warm. Believe me, I've been there, outside throwing beer cans as a football in 20 below weather, AND sweating.

But today was just another warm one. Got up to 92 with a dew point of almost 70. I drank six bottles of water and one bottle of Gatoraid.

Y'all would love it here in Texas! Triple digits are expected to begin on Saturday. :) Last year, we saw 40 consecutive days of triple digit temperatures (71 total). One day the actual high temperature reached 107...

Y'all would love it here in Texas! Triple digits are expected to begin on Saturday. :) Last year, we saw 40 consecutive days of triple digit temperatures (71 total). One day the actual high temperature reached 107...
I don't think I'd love that very much.

79 @ 7:30 am. Into the mid 90's again today, this is supposed to be the last day

Freakin' hot! Unfortunately, the track I was going to has been cancelled because of the stupid weather that's supposed to hit tonight, but there's still Saturday.

Same here. Glad I'm off and not walking the streets. But then again, it is cooler now but the dew point is still almost 70, making it double nasty when you have to wear rain gear.
Yeah, it was 95º right after lunch, now it's 79º

Went from 93 to 72 in half an hour!:) Also got a violent thunderstorm with monsoon like rain in the same period.

I saw there was some heavy rain up your way Ditzmeister.

One small batch of showers moving through here soon and then cooler temperatures :partytime

Back
Top Bottom