Weather Check-In

I'll take it.:D
web_7_day.jpg

Woke up to 37 this morning, and I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

I think Mother Nature is messing with me.

I was out Saturday night and had to wear a jacket and gloves. It's May and I live in the south:confused:
You've probably had to pack extra warm clothes for the race track too, huh? That just ain't right. I was finally able this Friday night to stay in t-shirt all race long.

You've probably had to pack extra warm clothes for the race track too, huh? That just ain't right. I was finally able this Friday night to stay in t-shirt all race long.

Yeah it's been crazy. Suppose to be in the 80's this weekend finally.

I'm here!!! All is fine in the neighborhood. Not so good for the folks just a little southwest of me. Please say a little prayer for the folks in the Granbury, TX area. As of right now, there are two confirmed fatalities and several with some severe injuries.

And, I'm not sure that we are done for the night. Sounds like we may have some more storms headed our way from the west.

Prayers for those who have lost a loved one, have a loved one injured or have lost or had damage done to their home.

CNN reporting on a mass casualty incident in Hood County, TX. Several reported fatalities and possibly 100+ injured. A search and rescue operation is underway.

I had my spotter radio going all night long, TV on NBC5DFW, and laptop next to me with the MAPSCO spotter grid. Between the 3, I had a pretty good handle on where everything was. Closest we got was a funnel that may or may not have touched down in arlington along a path starting 1.5 miles north of us, and ending about 12 miles to the east near my ex GF's and the county college, before hooking NE and catching a few other populous places.

Going to be very ugly come daybreak. Hearing bad things from Granbury.

It was in the low 80's yesterday. My son is replacing an old wooden retaining wall with a really nice stone block wall, and he got sunburned and just baked in the heat all day yesterday. But, it's sunny and 72 for the next two days. Hopefully they can finish in that time. He may be torn on that idea, as he is physically beat up, but he is making pretty good money doing it.

Preliminary reports from the NWS is that the tornado in Granbury was and F4. The destruction is horrible, and Andy, since it wasn't a "major" city the national news wouldn't be covering it as it happened. If it had been Dallas or Fort Worth they might have. Although, there are some national media outlets in the area now.

Back
Top Bottom