What Do you Think of the New Package?

True.. I still thought he had it until he didn't .. I take comfort in knowing he had the best car though.. on to the next one
yeah that was an impressive pass for the lead on the 18, haters going to hate, but the PJ-1 opened up some options on passing even in the late stages. They weren't stuck behind the leading car

It's a rare day when Logano gets mugged on a restart. I know I was surprised when I saw it. Larson was a key player in getting Kurt pushed out there.

Larson pushing Kurt: Check

Jones helping Kyle Busch: Check

Blaney? Blaney? Blaney?
No bueno for Logano...

Is there something in the points standings that shocks you? Proves that the mid range guys are actually competing on equal footing as the big players? I am not seeing it. So, in theory we should see Stenhouse winning races for example. He is better, but he isn't that. The drivers don't like it. Okay, I get it, but they would like serving Slurpees less.
The car still matters. Penske/Gibbs are dominating because they have the most resources and the best people working on their cars.
As someone else pointed out, putting a parachute on the cars doesn't equalize them.
I don't know what to tell them, check out curling or something. :p
I am a huge snooker fan:D

The car still matters. Penske/Gibbs are dominating because they have the most resources and the best people working on their cars.
As someone else pointed out, putting a parachute on the cars doesn't equalize them.
Nascar has never said they were equalizing cars. What they DID say was that they were trying to make the competition closer, and to take some of the leading car's advantage away for more passing, but I could see where that is what some thought they heard.

yeah they had that, for a brief instant with the low downforce package back in 15 until the teams figured out how to get the downforce back. It was more like a day though. The first race with the new package this year had similar statistics and was a great race. Will the next race there be as good?
Remember Kansas in 2015? Then Darlington?

I genuinely thought they fixed the racing back to how it was in around 2007.

It's only gotten worse.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah he had it for sure.. I'm happy just knowing he had the best car again.. and one of the only cars (maybe the only car) that could catch a car and make the pass within a lap or two.. that's big.
It's not big, it's sad. It's sad that we are talking about passing a slower car for position is something rare. If you are a good driver, and are a tenth or two quicker in clean air, it shouldn't take more than a lap or two to get around that car mid race..nevermind not be able to at all.

I hear what you are saying, but in what way? Same guys winning essentially. Leaders are not getting away they way they once did. Just not sure I understand what it is that you (and others) are looking for.
I think it's fans not wanting to see cars bounce off that bubble of air. I like to view as such,

Imagine each car is in a bubble, the bubble extends 5 feet, all ways around the car. It's tough to pass a car, no matter how fast you are, when the rear car is bouncing off the bubble.

I think fans want to see that bubble shrink by about 4 feet.

I think it's fans not wanting to see cars bounce off that bubble of air. I like to view as such,

Imagine each car is in a bubble, the bubble extends 5 feet, all ways around the car. It's tough to pass a car, no matter how fast you are, when the rear car is bouncing off the bubble.

I wonder how come if that is so, the passing numbers for this year that are posted must be wrong then.

I am always at ends to know why every time Nascar gets it right, they make changes to mess it up.?????????????

It's not big, it's sad. It's sad that we are talking about passing a slower car for position is something rare. If you are a good driver, and are a tenth or two quicker in clean air, it shouldn't take more than a lap or two to get around that car mid race..nevermind not be able to at all.

That's on the teams. They can figure it out.. and will.. they just havent yet. Well some have.. and they're succeeding.

..and what I mean by it's big is just that it's good for me and my driver that they figured it out first :D

I don't know how you get away from that....unless you lessen the hole in the air (2018). I'm good either way. It's racing.

I can't remember, was it last year or the year before, or the year before that when you said the racing was so bad you were saying you weren't watching the races anymore? Asking for a friend
He just comes here to complain.. I wish he would make good on his threats to stop watching so we wouldn't have to listen to him whine all the time.

He just comes here to complain.. I wish he would make good on his threats to stop watching so we wouldn't have to listen to him whine all the time.
Me? Good luck on your wishes. Lemme know how that works out for you.
Write this down so you’re not confused anymore:
Fontana is the first race of the season that I watch.
I don’t watch plate races although I did see about 20 laps of the last Daytona because it was playing in the background at the BBQ.
I do not watch “playoff” races...except for Vegas because we changed our seats from the March race to the September race.
I hope this clears things up for you.
I’m rent free in your mind. :)

Me? Good luck on your wishes. Lemme know how that works out for you.
Write this down so you’re not confused anymore:
Fontana is the first race of the season that I watch.
I don’t watch plate races although I did see about 20 laps of the last Daytona because it was playing in the background at the BBQ.
I do not watch “playoff” races...except for Vegas because we changed our seats from the March race to the September race.
I hope this clears things up for you.
I’m rent free in your mind. :)
So basically you dont even know what you're complaining about o_O

I’m here to clear up your confusion.
Are you female? It’s usually chicks that stalk me :eek:
:lol2:

Get over yourself.. I'm just getting sick of having to sift through posts to find the ones that aren't constantly complaining about things they cant control when it's really not bad to begin with. Its not just you. You just happen to complain the most. I'm done with this "conversation" though.

:lol2:

Get over yourself.. I'm just getting sick of having to sift through posts to find the ones that aren't constantly complaining about things they cant control when it's really not bad to begin with. Its not just you. You just happen to complain the most. I'm done with this "conversation" though.
Try the ignore feature instead of whining about me.

I don't know how you get away from that....unless you lessen the hole in the air (2018). I'm good either way. It's racing.

I believe they made some progress with the setup at the All Star race, but as you know, they can't make any changes without a long advance notice to the OEM's. I think Nascar finally hired some people who know their stuff. They came with a decent package out of the box with little testing this year. Will it last before teams figure out how to screw it up is the question. We are fixing to find out pretty soon when they come back for a second round at the tracks.

Speaking of packages, damn the Mods here at NHMS are epic ****. Wish the 250 was this weekend.

Nascar has never said they were equalizing cars. What they DID say was that they were trying to make the competition closer, and to take some of the leading car's advantage away for more passing, but I could see where that is what some thought they heard.
I don't really think there is an increase in passses on longer green runs, he majority of passing happens in the first 5-10 laps after a restart
Usually I watch a race and then decide whether it was good or bad based on what I saw. I don't need any statistics to know whether a race was good or not:lilangel:
Artificially create chaos was the attempt. Bowyer held up traffic as the leader. Top 5 in the TV shot. Fail on the more passing.
Yep, that's something I noticed a lot this year that I hadn't seen before.
The leader is holding up the cars behind him, the second-place-car drops out of line to make a pass and loses five positions.
The racing was great in 2018.
NASCAR f’d that up...:dunce:
I enjoyed last season a lot and 2017 was even better, IMO.
2018 saw three of the greatest Cup race finishes of all time, None of which came in a GWC.
The racing is great now.. it's always been great.. its racing. :booya:
What would you say if Joey ran 25th on a weekly basis:D?

I believe they made some progress with the setup at the All Star race, but as you know, they can't make any changes without a long advance notice to the OEM's. I think Nascar finally hired some people who know their stuff. They came with a decent package out of the box with little testing this year. Will it last before teams figure out how to screw it up is the question. We are fixing to find out pretty soon when they come back for a second round at the tracks.

Very true. It's going to be interesting. I wonder if the handling v. speed balance is so razor's edge that it won't keep them guessing. I have heard Cole Pearn say that everything is so track dependent that when you add that into the mix, I am not sure that you will see anybody hit "The Set Up" and dominate. Having said that, there is the conceivability that they already have this figured out, and they are biding their time to Homestead.

Very true. It's going to be interesting. I wonder if the handling v. speed balance is so razor's edge that it won't keep them guessing. I have heard Cole Pearn say that everything is so track dependent that when you add that into the mix, I am not sure that you will see anybody hit "The Set Up" and dominate. Having said that, there is the conceivability that they already have this figured out, and they are biding their time to Homestead.

Yeah I'm waiting to see if they get it strung out in single file racing the second time around at the tracks myself. It seems the Toyota's aren't qualifying as high as usual, but their cars come in after a few laps. I think they are working the downforce side a little more so they are better after a few laps compared to many who fall off pretty quick. If Hamlin's crew didn't flub the pit stop, I think it would have been three on Kurt at Kentucky. Despite the contrary, after a few laps everybody is lifting, or having to breathe the throttle in the corners and that's making the straights interesting for passing opportunities.

Yeah I'm waiting to see if they get it strung out in single file racing the second time around at the tracks myself. It seems the Toyota's aren't qualifying as high as usual, but their cars come in after a few laps. I think they are working the downforce side a little more so they are better after a few laps compared to many who fall off pretty quick. If Hamlin's crew didn't flub the pit stop, I think it would have been three on Kurt at Kentucky. Despite the contrary, after a few laps everybody is lifting, or having to breathe the throttle in the corners and that's making the straights interesting for passing opportunities.

Well, this package is designed to keep the cars together, so it makes sense that the set up philosophy is for downforce. On the impound races, they are ready to take it in the shorts in order to be good in traffic. We saw yesterday, that they have single car speed with the more traditional schedule. Having said all of that, I have heard Kyle comment on the radio many times that Toyotas get too tight in traffic compared to Ford and Chevy. So, if downforce is the goal, it is clear that there is more work to do which is a great thing.

Well, this package is designed to keep the cars together, so it makes sense that the set up philosophy is for downforce. On the impound races, they are ready to take it in the shorts in order to be good in traffic. We saw yesterday, that they have single car speed with the more traditional schedule. Having said all of that, I have heard Kyle comment on the radio many times that Toyotas get too tight in traffic compared to Ford and Chevy. So, if downforce is the goal, it is clear that there is more work to do which is a great thing.
There is definitely more work to be done. As long as they keep these rules until gen 7 is introduced I feel like we'll see the racing get better and better. In my opinion it's already pretty good.. but there are few teams who have figured out how to make the car handle in traffic. Luckily I'm on the good end of that.. but I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again.. if one team can figure it out they all can.. and when they do we will see some even better racing. I believe NASCAR did good in these changes and were going to really see that over the next year or so as long as they stay the same. Until then I'll enjoy watching Joey be one of the only cars who can make a pass quickly once he catches the car in front of him :D

I don't think there will be much pack racing, it's a one lane track. About the only pass for the lead last year was when Harvick had to boot Kyle out of the groove to do so, and Harvick ran off and hid after that winning easily by almost 2 seconds. I think somebody is going to do the same thing this year, but I hope not. Maybe the PJ-1 will help open it up a bit.

I don't think there will be much pack racing, it's a one lane track. About the only pass for the lead last year was when Harvick had to boot Kyle out of the groove to do so, and Harvick ran off and hid after that winning easily by almost 2 seconds. I think somebody is going to do the same thing this year, but I hope not. Maybe the PJ-1 will help open it up a bit.
Yeah New Hampshire.. and really any short, flat track is tough to pass on.. they have to set up and get the run at the exact right time coming off the corner in order to get under another car.. they get the run too early and they're in the bumper or going up the track behind them.. too late and they cant get under them. Have to have a car that can rotate the center enough to get the drive off on the low side of the exit if the turn. I imagine its probably pretty frustrating.. but that's what its like at these track types.. that wont change. Personally I enjoy watching the field early to see which cars can get that low run off the corner.. drivers who can consistently do that are usually in the running late. Although lately I have seen that they are able to work the high line here a bit better. The PJ1 should make it interesting.

Back
Top Bottom