What Do you Think of the New Package?

Yeah New Hampshire.. and really any short, flat track is tough to pass on.. they have to set up and get the run at the exact right time coming off the corner in order to get under another car.. they get the run too early and they're in the bumper or going up the track behind them.. too late and they cant get under them. Have to have a car that can rotate the center enough to get the drive off on the low side of the exit if the turn. I imagine its probably pretty frustrating.. but that's what its like at these track types.. that wont change. Personally I enjoy watching the field early to see which cars can get that low run off the corner.. drivers who can consistently do that are usually in the running late. Although lately I have seen that they are able to work the high line here a bit better. The PJ1 should make it interesting.

This package rewards side drafting. Your boy is the best at it. Even for 8th place apparently. Interesting.

NHMS by the numbers

EACnuzUXYAE4bc5.png:large

Kyle Busch post race comments paraphrased

“You get stuck back in traffic and you can’t do sh!t with it. You could do it with the low downforce package but not this one”.
The PJ1 saved the race.

Race was good, but it comes down to circumstance to create such a climatic finish. Racing throughout the field was good, the 750 hp engine setup should be the normal for teams. It really added challenge to throttle control for the field and guys like Hamlin and Harvick are rhythm drivers, so it really helped them out.

Honestly, why should the short tracks and road courses have a spacer anyways? Dump it completely, it looks like Toyota can make a reliable high horsepower engine without complaing of blowing up all the time like it was.:p

If this is covered somewhere in this thread, I apologize, but why is the 750 Package going to be run at Homestead (in addition to Pocono (x2), Atlanta, Darlington? I get the short track thinking with the 750, but why these tracks?--especially Homestead where everything is decided?

If this is covered somewhere in this thread, I apologize, but why is the 750 Package going to be run at Homestead (in addition to Pocono (x2), Atlanta, Darlington? I get the short track thinking with the 750, but why these tracks?--especially Homestead where everything is decided?

I found this from May?

NASCAR officials announced Wednesday a tweak in the 2019 baseline rules package for select tracks, adding aero ducts to the three remaining race tracks where a 550 horsepower engine will run, but where cars were not originally required to be fitted with the ducts — Pocono Raceway, Darlington Raceway and the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...weak-to-2019-rules-package-for-select-tracks/

I love this quote from the article. And it's the truth. :D

"Maybe he’s just ticked off that well-funded drivers with the best equipment, such as himself, no longer can sleepwalk to top-10 finishes".

it's predictable, whenever he screws up he blames it on something else, and the haters of the package and Kylelites gather round. So far two of the usual honker tracks have been decent races, luck or skill that is the bottom line. One more to go at the Pocono another track that usually doesn't produce very much excitement and run a way finishes. What has been interesting with the stages is that the top teams by the third stage can use strategy, car tuning, and or track position to make it interesting for the finish this year.

See your 5th place finishers thoughts in the first comment. KyBu deserves a bit of respect for calling it out. If Earnhardt was the one saying this(which you know he would be), would ya'll consider it whining?

See your 5th place finishers thoughts in the first comment. KyBu deserves a bit of respect for calling it out. If Earnhardt was the one saying this(which you know he would be), would ya'll consider it whining?

If it has been re-posted 5 times, would ya'all change the fact that Cryle hit the wall and knocked the toe out if it?

Oddly, you don’t find any of this commentary on NASCAR.com :idunno:

If it has been re-posted 5 times, would ya'all change the fact that Cryle hit the wall and knocked the toe out if it?

Admittedly, I didn't scroll thru this cancer of a thread seeing if it had been.

Knocked the toe out of it and proceeded to lay down lap times equivalent and faster than the leaders. Give me a break, Kyle was the class of the field and once he was shuffled back he was mired by aerodynamics of traffic.

Knocked the toe out of it and proceeded to lay down lap times equivalent and faster than the leaders. Give me a break, Kyle was the class of the field and once he was shuffled back he was mired by aerodynamics of traffic.
that's funny Hamlin started from the back in a back up car, led 113 laps and finished 2nd would probably have something to say about that. :p

Kyle Busch is correct about the package. He usually is on that subject, whether he expresses it well or not.

However, he was gifted an unnecessary caution when he brushed the wall, and they didn't call an uncontrolled tire penalty as they have on many other teams. He should have been mired much deeper in the traffic.

EABssumWsAED9cP

He's still right about the effects of high downforce racing.

Kyle Busch is correct about the package. He usually is on that subject, whether he expresses it well or not.

However, he was gifted an unnecessary caution when he brushed the wall, and they didn't call an uncontrolled tire penalty as they have on many other teams. He should have been mired much deeper in the traffic.

EABssumWsAED9cP

He's still right about the effects of high downforce racing.
I'm sure Nascar measures all the pit crews arms so they get it right!¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's their replacement for the phantom caution to make the race more exciting (to call it or not.)

I found this from May?

NASCAR officials announced Wednesday a tweak in the 2019 baseline rules package for select tracks, adding aero ducts to the three remaining race tracks where a 550 horsepower engine will run, but where cars were not originally required to be fitted with the ducts — Pocono Raceway, Darlington Raceway and the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...weak-to-2019-rules-package-for-select-tracks/

Okay, so be patient with me here.....We will run the 550 package at Pocono, Darlington, and Homestead with the aero ducts, but 750 at tracks less than 1.5 miles without aero ducts (brake ducts instead)?

So I hear the cup cars make less hp than the xfinity series and truck series do. In what world does that make sense when the cup cars are the top of the mountain so to speak?

Last year they would be heavier on the brakes and get on the gas faster without lagging and losing a dozen spots just bc they got out of the gas for a split second. Also tires barely matter now......cars with old tires can hold off cars with fresh tires. Its ass backwards

I love this quote from the article. And it's the truth. :D

"Maybe he’s just ticked off that well-funded drivers with the best equipment, such as himself, no longer can sleepwalk to top-10 finishes".

Yeah, I think it is the truth, but for all of the wrong reasons. I don't think that Kyle would have a problem if he had to work his ass off racing drivers who weren't relying on a package to make them competitive. This, I think, is his issue which is different from him being pissed because he has to work for what he gets. Let me be very clear here....I am not sure that I am in agreement with my favorite driver on his aero package issues. However, that doesn't change my appreciation for his authenticity. He will tell you what he thinks--even if you don't want to hear it.

Last edited:
So I hear the cup cars make less hp than the xfinity series and truck series do. In what world does that make sense when the cup cars are the top of the mountain so to speak?

Last year they would be heavier on the brakes and get on the gas faster without lagging and losing a dozen spots just bc they got out of the gas for a split second. Also tires barely matter now......cars with old tires can hold off cars with fresh tires. Its ass backwards

Maybe ass backwards if you assess the racing based on a single variable, but this approach is multi-faceted. Bunch them up, and make 'em race for it. IMO speed is but one variable in what makes racing interesting. If getting out of the gas loses you 10 spots, don't get out of the gas I guess.

Maybe ass backwards if you assess the racing based on a single variable, but this approach is multi-faceted. Bunch them up, and make 'em race for it. IMO speed is but one variable in what makes racing interesting. If getting out of the gas loses you 10 spots, don't get out of the gas I guess.

I agree. These races are harder than ever to win. 7 different winners in the last 7 races. It takes balls to make a call to stay out with 42 laps on your tires and out run the pack behind ya who took two sticker tires. So many on here seem burned out. Track position is always number one at New Hampshire, passing is always tough no matter what package they run. One complaint from Harvick was that they didn't work the 4 lane very well with the PJ-1 too slick to run up there. He did say they were going to get better with it because it is helping the racing.

I don't think that Kyle
That's the deal right there. "I don't think that kybu or I think that kybu" denotes an opinion. Thank goodness we all have one or it would be a dreary world for sure. :booya:

That's the deal right there. "I don't think that kybu or I think that kybu" denotes an opinion. Thank goodness we all have one or it would be a dreary world for sure. :booya:

Yup, and this is a good place for all of them for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom