What Do you Think of the New Package?

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Speedbowl14, Feb 25, 2019.

1. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

...and attendance and ratings continue to wane

2. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Bring back the Gen 4 car lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

The package did wonders for the 1.5's proved that the future 550HP motors will work, and for the first shot out of the box did pretty well overall. I'm pretty sure the car will get some small tweaks before next year as Nascar continues to evolve.

4. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Respectfully disagree with the bolded. Chicagoland was one of the most entertaining races last year, Larson ran down KB for over 50 laps and they finished sideways. Pocono during Blaney's run to his first win wasn't boring either.

LewTheShoe, jaqua19 and gnomesayin like this.
  5. machinistman3

machinistman3 Team Owner

George Costanza theory in effect here. Do the opposite of whatever Mikey says.

6. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

He never won a Cup race in which HP wasn't restricted well below 500 HP. Of course he does.

aunty dive likes this.
  7. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

I didn't hate the 550 package on the 1.5s myself, but Pocono/Fontana/Michigan/IMS should be a high horsepower, low downforce show.

Larsonfan1995 likes this.
  8. donthaveanickname

donthaveanickname Team Owner

They should run low downforce and 900hp at every track shorter than 1.5 miles and low downforce and a medium-sized spacer (750 hp) at every track larger than 1.5 miles + Homestead.
    Daytona and Talladega were great with the package (logically, as they had more horsepower than they used to have there). The only other tracks were the package worked were some of the D-shaped 1.5 milers.

I personally would like to see 900 hp and low downforce for all the tracks, but that's not realistic.
    Admitting that something must be done for the short tracks was a first step into admitting that NASCAR has badly screwed up with this package. Once again, they were trying to fix a problem that wasn't there.

9. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

Honestly, once the teams figured out the new package, it was a pretty boring season. The cars are too planted & too slow. The big spoiler still punches a hole in the air that makes it impossible for anyone to close in on the leader other than at a double file restart.

10. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Ah the good ol' days when the backend would step out on the regular

2 Sweet and AdoubleU24 like this.