What Do you Think of the New Package?

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by Speedbowl14, Feb 25, 2019.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Kansas numbers

[​IMG]

2. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

3. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Martinsville #2 numbers

[​IMG]

4. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Package is hurting the short tracks

5. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

not really IMO with all short tracks. It seems to with Martinsville for some. The Bristol short track ranks 2nd and 6th on our RF pole here and #1 on Gluck's larger sampling. Part of it is they don't want the expense of sciencing out another car with a smaller spoiler. Who knows, maybe next year, I will be surprised if they don't change anything for 2020

6. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

I suspect you're right, maybe next year. Bristol was good as usual, I wouldn't credit the package for that. For all the spending that happens, I figure ironing out some these issues would be a main priority before rolling it out onto the track. I'll be surprised if nothing gets done about it next year too.

7. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

If I had to guess, the hood ducts they used in the All Star race that helps add downforce when they are right behind each other will be added. The way it is set up, teams have the right to veto changes that are less then one year lead time when Nascar makes a change. That is the reason for the taller spoiler on short tracks, teams didn't want to have to spend the extra money to science out that extra package not some overlooked blunder. BTW that has been posted before and ol Matt is full of **** or wasn't watching Truex and Elliott battle for half of the race for the lead at Watkins Glenn or he missed Kryle and Bubba and all of the rest of the action that made that road race entertaining and I guess the Roval doesn't count in his world either. IMO the stages at road courses are much more of a problem taking most of the strategy out of the race.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  8. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Agree on that one.

RacerrecaR likes this.
  9. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

This is pretty funny

10. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Do fans want a stern test of skill or an entertainment package, you be the judge

11. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

4 Xfin cars qualified faster than Cup pole speed. :XXROFL:

Turtle84 likes this.
  12. ChexOrWrex

ChexOrWrex Ya gotta wanna

Remember this is how they are challenging the greatest stock car drivers on the planet.

2 Sweet, Turtle84, gnomesayin and 2 others like this.
  13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

by qualifying? o_O

14. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Texas #2 stats 3 in a row for Harvick
    [​IMG]

15. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

I started cracking up when they broke out the side by side telemetry they've been trying to hide all year. "Yeeeeeeeeeeee" wide open droning the premisis.

Speedbowl14 and LewTheShoe like this.
  16. BobbyFord

So if Xfin is the same or faster than Cup does that mean Kyle is really that good?

Simple Fan likes this.
  17. LouieLouie

LouieLouie Team Owner

Sorry to drop in with a negative comment but I got really frustrated by the crap Burton was talking about when Denny Hamlin ruined his day by driving through the infield. All Burton could say was that Texas Motor Speedway and all other speedways need to put millions of dollars into their facilities to install astroturf so Denny Hamlin wouldn't destroy his car.

I have much better and cheaper idea, Nascar can change the rules of the car ride height. Take the shovel off the front of the car and raise the nose of the car off the ground so it won't dig in when the car runs through the grass. Poof no astroturf needed or millions of dollars blown to install something that isn't needed.

AdoubleU24 and machinistman3 like this.
  18. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

But passing statistics!!!

Nascar needs to fix this. Sadly, I think they care too. Some fans clearly take the bait.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

19. rd45usa

rd45usa Team Owner

Carnac the Magnificent- What did the nascar driver ask the Monster girl ?

20. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Kez made it 52 laps holding it wide open. Just like rookie mode :D

21. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

22. AuzGrams

AuzGrams Team Owner

Those spring race numbers vs fall are rather interesting.

23. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

Well to be fair let’s not act like an F1 car isn’t easier to drive than a stock car. You wanna talk about all the bells and whistles as well as downforce...

LewTheShoe likes this.
  24. Cholo

Cholo Team Owner

I'm not a fan. Kills me to watch them just roll around at Texas wide open. Half the fun at 1.5 mile tracks was seeing which drivers could push it to the edge driving deep into the corners.

Turtle84, LewTheShoe and gnomesayin like this.
  25. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

The open wheel invasion was 10 years too early. Now that these things are closed ****pit Indycars minus 30 mph I think those guys could've done well.

26. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

You would see guys braking at Texas/Atlanta, 25 laps into a run.

Now, with worn tires, the 10th place car MAY lift a little. All the skill is in the hands. No feet. No hand and feet coordination at the speedways. It's sad. Texas seemed like a plate race at a mile and a half.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

27. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

No need but...

RacerrecaR and Dr_B_UNC like this.
  28. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

NASCAR should simply change spoiler size to last years for anything Phoenix and shorter

bigspud and Fordracing7 like this.
  29. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Yep, looking at the stats, I have to agree with Truex, it's been like that

[​IMG]

30. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

To be clear, most reporting indicates that NASCAR wanted to do this for this season also, and the teams wanted one uniform package.

Turtle84 and StandOnIt like this.
  31. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

32. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

Just go back to 2018 package please

LewTheShoe likes this.
  33. RacerrecaR

RacerrecaR Orange cone

Agreed

Turtle84 likes this.
  34. Turtle84

Turtle84 gained a step

[​IMG]

35. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Homestead final race comparison
    [​IMG]

36. BobbyFord

Nothing was wrong with the 2018 package. Wasn’t good enough for NASCAR...they had to **** with it.

37. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

38. bigspud

bigspud Team Owner

2018 pkg still had too much df.

39. BobbyFord

But was 10 times better than 2019

40. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

Yeah but the general public hated it. Throughout most of the season this season had much much better race ratings than last season. Low downforce is badass but yikes it was not entertaining on anything over a mile.

I think down the stretch Toyota being that much better led to some meh racing. There were a few races where other teams simply could not compete with what they have built