What Do you Think of the New Package?

What about a " stage race" bothers you so much? Its still racing, everyone is aware of it and what they need to do to score maximum points which leads to different strategies. People get hung up on the word stage for some reason but in the end its still cars racing like they always have.
A scheduled break in competition isn’t “racing.” It’s just another form of a fake caution.

yeah I know, Im trying to figure out why you are creating a reason not to like it.

He didn't create a reason, NASCAR created the nonsense of stopping a race at a predetermined time. The stage racing is one big reason why I end up watching races alone these days. You might love the nonsense but not everyone else has to. I suppose you are a " caution clock " supporter as well :lol2:

He didn't create a reason, NASCAR created the nonsense of stopping a race at a predetermined time. The stage racing is one big reason why I end up watching races alone these days. You might love the nonsense but not everyone else has to. I suppose you are a " caution clock " supporter as well :lol2:
The downturn for me started in 2004.

The downturn for me started in 2004.

The constant tinkering disturbs me, it is difficult to stay abreast of the rules or the equipment. I have found that a total understanding of the rules makes viewing more pleasurable. Now certainly the shills will be along to tell me that I need to study more. I ordered a rule book 5 years ago, its on back order :(

The constant tinkering disturbs me, it is difficult to stay abreast of the rules or the equipment. I have found that a total understanding of the rules makes viewing more pleasurable. Now certainly the shills will be along to tell me that I need to study more. I ordered a rule book 5 years ago, its on back order :(
Not really, they same the same thing on just about every thread.

Not really, they same the same thing on just about every thread.

Actually, this is a discussion board where folks can voice an opinion. There is a great feature here as well, if you don't like an individuals opinion, you can simply push the ignore button. I don't like peas and really don't care who does and doesn't like that fact either :idunno: An interruption of a perfectly good race is like a plate of peas.

Actually, this is a discussion board where folks can voice an opinion. There is a great feature here as well, if you don't like an individuals opinion, you can simply push the ignore button. I don't like peas and really don't care who does and doesn't like that fact either :idunno: An interruption of a perfectly good race is like a plate of peas.

a person can also read what the topic is about in the post and have a clue. o_O
What Do you Think of the New Package?

Well there’s hope. At least they fixed qualifying. Baby steps.

The shills defended the qualifying nonsense and all the other nonsense as well. NASCAR can't leave anything alone .... excessive tinkering can be a detriment. Yes, there is hope that more of the ridiculous will go away in time. I still don't like peas :D

The shills defended the qualifying nonsense and all the other nonsense as well. NASCAR can't leave anything alone .... excessive tinkering can be a detriment. Yes, there is hope that more of the ridiculous will go away in time. I still don't like peas :D
I don’t like stages or playoffs but I do like peas.

I wonder how fast it will take ol Jeff to quit all of his critical yapping about the package. Probably soon after he finishes his plate of crow.

What I learned Saturday: If you like restarts (NASCAR is obsessed with them), then this is the package for you.

Nearly every crucial or exciting moment we saw the other night was during or immediately following a late restart while the cars were still bunched. This includes The Open races. One they get strung out, what is different about what we're seeing vs. last year? They're strung out by a lesser margin? Ok.

What I learned Saturday: If you like restarts (NASCAR is obsessed with them), then this is the package for you.

Nearly every crucial or exciting moment we saw the other night was during or immediately following a late restart while the cars were still bunched. This includes The Open races. One they get strung out, what is different about what we're seeing vs. last year? They're strung out by a lesser margin? Ok.
I can ask the same about the supposed "better racing " back in the day. They got strung out in every race and 1-8 cars ended up on the lead lap. You let that happen now and people would lose their minds.

seems like a whole lot of people prefer it. Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Back
Top Bottom