What do you think of the NextGen Car?

I wasn't sure if MTJ could race this thing. Glad to see that he can. #2 in points. Great run today. He is such an underestimated talent.

I think it looked pretty good today, I liked the few times guys almost snapped loose mid corner. I'd love to see 800hp in these things.

I just hope these guys don't engineer the good out of them...

Insurance won’t allow that

I think the racing is excellent right now, but again I fear with it will be like when teams get this thing engineered out. Lets not forget this is completely different than any other "new" car we've ever had. Until this point teams had the new cars and tested the crap out of them before they ever went on the track. Now all data is being collected at the track under race conditions.

I think the racing is excellent right now, but again I fear with it will be like when teams get this thing engineered out. Lets not forget this is completely different than any other "new" car we've ever had. Until this point teams had the new cars and tested the crap out of them before they ever went on the track. Now all data is being collected at the track under race conditions.
I'm glad there are those who fear and worry so I don't have to lol.

For the first time in years (decades), I'm truly looking forward to the 1.5 tracks just as much as the other races on the schedule. That's how good this new car has been so far.
Same. How long has it been that we could see someone attempt a pass and run side by side, and if they didn't complete it or clear, not lose 5-10 spots? So far it's working. We also didn't have anyone get beached with flats this week, unless I missed one while driving during segment 2.

For the first time in years (decades), I'm truly looking forward to the 1.5 tracks just as much as the other races on the schedule. That's how good this new car has been so far.
It was interesting not hearing from the usual suspects crying crocodile tears about the 1.5's the whole race.

It was interesting not hearing from the usual suspects crying crocodile tears about the 1.5's the whole race.

I have been complaining about the 1.5's for years. Maybe not as much as some of the others, but I think a lot of the complaints were justified. THIS is exactly what we have been wanting. I feel like I'm watching races from 2002, and that's a damn good thing.

I saw it coming myself. All of the experimentation they were doing with the various packages with the old car, they weren't doing it for the heck of it. They got the passing and less single file right, but they were short on what horsepower they needed to have, and trying to save money by saving engines. Then when they got the new car out on the track they were doing the same thing, making changes, and it all was taking place during the no crowd, limited personnel restrictions of the pandemic. Nascar has been busting ass since they ran Brian off. Now they have passing, side by side racing and off throttle time and very little single file parades which was a problem with the higher horsepower version and off throttle time which was the problem with the last versions of the old car.

That's because the cars can now race on them without those nightmarish airbubbled.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There aren't as many areas to play with as they've had in the past, but I'm sure the JGRs and HMSs of the world will find something. I'd love to have a crystal ball and see what racing is like say Coke 600 time versus now. Right now, it's great.

Jury is still out in my book. Still too aero dependent, but that is my pet peeve it seems. But I have a right to my opinion too.

The belly pans are so Eurocentric and hail from the techno aero freak stuff, which to me, takes too much of the rough and tumble away. Again...it refers to the too much aero opinion.

Would like suspensions... want to see the vehicles work on all tracks and not have to worry about "bottoming out" or having a track unrealistically smooth. Bumps and ruts are part of racing, this is another step away from grass roots. Heard Danica gloat over the similarity between these new cars and Indy cars in regard to the suspensions...wanted to make me puke. She also said that she liked the idea of the cars having to be kept further apart due to the similar aero aspects between Indy and the new Gen.... again I wanted to puke.

Jury is still out in my book. Still too aero dependent, but that is my pet peeve it seems. But I have a right to my opinion too.

The belly pans are so Eurocentric and hail from the techno aero freak stuff, which to me, takes too much of the rough and tumble away. Again...it refers to the too much aero opinion.

Would like suspensions... want to see the vehicles work on all tracks and not have to worry about "bottoming out" or having a track unrealistically smooth. Bumps and ruts are part of racing, this is another step away from grass roots. Heard Danica gloat over the similarity between these new cars and Indy cars in regard to the suspensions...wanted to make me puke. She also said that she liked the idea of the cars having to be kept further apart due to the similar aero aspects between Indy and the new Gen.... again I wanted to puke.
See my comment in the Gen 7 thread. We brothers from a different mother.

Been enjoying what I have seen, so far.

Car races well and with it being so new it adds a dimension of uncertainty not seen in a while. Outside of the fragility of the cars, its been solid. Races have been a lot of fun to watch, I'm excited for COTA to see the improvement in lap times this year, can't wait for it.

Nascar has been busting ass since they ran Brian off.
100%. Things really have turned around since then.

This car has been a lot of fun. I missed attrition and struggle. Gen 6 was fun early but tapered off over the years for me.

I liked the Gen 6 because Nascar was getting back to the cars looking so much better than the COT or the earlier version. Gen 7 I think they are calling it now is total bad ass looking and it races like crazy. No more sitting there looking like they are out for a Sunday drive and running 180. She will jump out from under you if you aren't paying attention. The teams had those cars so doctored that the faster they went the easier they were to drive

Vegas was a great race as well, there was a whole lot of side-by-side racing and considerably more off-throttle time than the last few years.
Now, if they take two more inches off the spoiler and add maybe 100 more horsepower I can't think of many more things they can improve.

I posted this in the gen 7 news thread, should probably have posted here initially. I think the new car is giving different teams.... at least as far as right now, a shot to run up front. I hope it continues, it’s great a few new faces are getting a chance at glory

I wonder if any of the changes made from Gen6 to the NextGen cars will trickle down to the Xfinity and Truck series.

I wonder if any of the changes made from Gen6 to the NextGen cars will trickle down to the Xfinity and Truck series.
I hope not. I really like the fact that the technical regulations in the three national series are so different right now. Makes me look forward to every single race even more.

I think it has substantially reduced the gap in equipment advantage, allowing more driver talent to enter the picture and showcase what they can do in comparable equipment. I think we saw that today with Briscoe and Reddick/Chastain already in past weeks (not to say they haven't already shown flashes of that in the old car, but it seems amplified to a degree). Increasing the strength of the field, creating more parity across the board, which I believe was one of NASCAR's main goals in the creation of this car. On top of that, the car is a challenge to control on loose/tight condition which is a welcome sight to see. Of course I miss 5-lug/H-pattern/and would like to see them with more HP, but I can't ask for more at this point. It's a vast improvement in the quality of racing aerodynamically. NASCAR is currently winning with this creation.

I think it has substantially reduced the gap in equipment advantage, allowing more driver talent to enter the picture and showcase what they can do in comparable equipment. I think we saw that today with Briscoe and Reddick/Chastain already in past weeks (not to say they haven't already shown flashes of that in the old car, but it seems amplified to a degree). Increasing the strength of the field, creating more parity across the board, which I believe was one of NASCAR's main goals in the creation of this car. On top of that, the car is a challenge to control on loose/tight condition which is a welcome sight to see. Of course I miss 5-lug/H-pattern/and would like to see them with more HP, but I can't ask for more at this point. It's a vast improvement in the quality of racing aerodynamically. NASCAR is currently winning with this creation.
Today was the first blemish, imo..it was the 550 of flat tracks. The only time the leader was passed today was when Blaney got around the 9, and Blaney was by far the best car today. Briscoe looked great in clean air, and ran around p7 most the race and went virtually no where.

It was an improvement from the gen 6 car, but there wasnt much passing inside the top 10, faster cars had a harder time making passes. Not love it, but thats Phoenix.

If they ran with 800 HP again, we'd be seeing the best racing everywhere since the early 2000s, imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

700 HP at the intermediates & 800-850 HP at the short tracks/1-1.25 milers/road courses. I’d love to see 800-850 everywhere but they seem hesitant to do it at the high speed tracks so maybe 700 is a reasonable compromise.

I’d love this new car even more if it looked like this

700 HP at the intermediates & 800-850 HP at the short tracks/1-1.25 milers/road courses. I’d love to see 800-850 everywhere but they seem hesitant to do it at the high speed tracks so maybe 700 is a reasonable compromise.
I'll be honest, I worry going any higher would lead to absolute caution fests. I know we all love horsepower but damn, this car has such little side force that guys can barely keep it under them now, let alone with more power.

Really a non-issue to me, doesn't effect performance. Maybe if it were racing stripes cause we all know they add 10 HP. :)
That’s super you feel that way. I think if my only gripe is the way the car looks,compared to what’s bitched about on here....I think I’m doing okay.

I actually thought it would put on better racing today than it did. Might be they made this car too good for road course racing instead of the car that guys had to force around the track.

But it was the 1st road course, see if it improves as the season goes on.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Gen 7 car beats the hell out of the Car of Tomorrow.

1648428084348.png
1648428184846.png

Back
Top Bottom