What is Erik Jones saying

I would not define a person by social media but I think you can gain some insights used to form an opinion as there is no filters or editing involved so you should be getting a decent look as to how a person is either positively or negatively.

Really? You don't think that they have a PR guy handle at least some of that stuff? I have said this before....You get what they give you. The drivers are a commodity--they are a brand. Sheez, and I have been called a fanboy? I don't need what they are when they go home (as long as we are not talking about drugs, crime, etc.). I want the brand. I think that many fans expect more than they deserve in these driver-centric times.

Direct communication? Are you sure? Come on man.

The older guys definitely have PR people. If you look at the feeds from any of the new blood, they are very attentive to all the people--mostly middle aged women--that respond and retweet and all that bull****.

Direct communication? Are you sure? Come on man.
Staying in context with nascar drivers, yes. Most are personal use accounts, others are obvious PR dept ran accounts.

Along with nascar reddit accounts and reddit AMA meetings, Ive had several questions and comments directly answered to me from various drivers and crew members.

You snooze you lose.

Staying in context with nascar drivers, yes. Most are personal use accounts, others are obvious PR dept ran accounts.

Along with nascar reddit accounts and reddit AMA meetings, Ive had several questions and comments directly answered to me from various drivers and crew members.

You snooze you lose.
Unfortunately none of this makes you go faster.

Really? You don't think that they have a PR guy handle at least some of that stuff? I have said this before....You get what they give you. The drivers are a commodity--they are a brand. Sheez, and I have been called a fanboy? I don't need what they are when they go home (as long as we are not talking about drugs, crime, etc.). I want the brand. I think that many fans expect more than they deserve in these driver-centric times.

IDK how drivers control what they say on social media and I may have incorrectly assumed they say what they mean based upon having their name attached to it. Who knows as maybe in some cases it is a PR dude communicating for them?

IMO the main thing a driver needs to be is palatable to a sponsor and his team and the next thing is being good at what he does. How he acts or behaves is secondary to all else but some people gravitate toward temperaments like Chase Elliott and Jimmie Johnson while other prefer the Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick types. In my case I prefer people from all walks of life that are grateful, appreciative, can accept blame and have a good sense of humor and can laugh at themselves. In some quarters those traits are equated with not being passionate or competitive but I know that to be untrue.

Lol this ****** thread. Idk why people can't grasp that this sport is inundated with several badass mafk's under the age of 25. Why are people obsessed with finding reasons to dislike people?

I know that I am not nor have I ever been obsessed with any driver or athlete nor have I looked for reasons to like or dislike any of them. If someone seems to embody traits you like it is natural to gravitate toward them and if someone regularly behaves in an manner you equate to being a an ungrateful punk dickhead you probably won't care for them as much.

I know that I am not nor have I ever been obsessed with any driver or athlete nor have I looked for reasons to like or dislike any of them. If someone seems to embody traits you like it is natural to gravitate toward them and if someone regularly behaves in an manner you equate to being a an ungrateful punk dickhead you probably won't care for them as much.

I haven't seen assholish behavior from anyone of the up n' comers. Not yet anyways.

This is why I stay off of those sites.

If I did not log in to this site it would have likely been during the next race that I learned of Dale Jr's retirement. I consider most forms of social media and even radio programs to be intrusions into my life that I don't want but I totally honor folks who enjoy being in the loop and up to the minute on anything and everything.

I haven't seen assholish behavior from anyone of the up n' comers. Not yet anyways.

I am unaware of any bad behavior from guys like Larson, Elliott, Blaney, Jones, the kid in the 20 car or even Ty Dillion as far as that goes. Overwhelmingly most of the drivers are completely cool as near as I can tell.

Lol this ****** thread. Idk why people can't grasp that this sport is inundated with several badass mafk's under the age of 25. Why are people obsessed with finding reasons to dislike people?

Human beings are fickle. Gotta project insecurities onto another person we've never met. It's like we feel incompelete without something to bitch or complain about.

Human beings are fickle. Gotta project insecurities onto another person we've never met. It's like we feel incompelete without something to bitch or complain about.
Speak fer yaself JBoney. I'm an adult. :confused:

IDK what they are teaching in college these days but if someone behaves in an assholish way my tendency is to think they could be an a**hole. The reverse is true too as if a person behaves like an unselfish and appreciative human being I tend to think they are good people. I am not projecting anything on anyone but merely disseminating what I see.

Congrats. Struck a nerve?

The only thing I project is my old 8mm home movies on a screen from time to time. Perhaps snowflakes and other youngsters get caught up in drama and angst but not this old grump!

IDK what they are teaching in college these days but if someone behaves in an assholish way my tendency is to think they could be an *******. The reverse is true too as if a person behaves like an unselfish and appreciative human being I tend to think they are good people. I am not projecting anything on anyone but merely disseminating what I see.

I simply don't judge. Kind of. :D

nor have I looked for reasons to like or dislike any of them.

Until he takes a Lexus prototype and drives it like a mad man on the road, smashes a hand made trophy, intentionally wrecks other drivers multiple times, can't take responsibility for his own deficiencies and in general behaves like a horses ass I will reserve judgement on him.

:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

:lurk: Please, continue. Outstanding. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom