What kind of car do you drive?

1000004793.jpg

2012 hatchback Impreza, my first car purchase😁

Recently got my dream car: 2018 BMW M3 with competition package. Poor guy traded it in on (@Revman will LOVE this) a new Camry because his wife wanted to buy a house and start a family. Only 25k miles on it. Love the incognito nature of it. If you know what it is, great. Otherwise you just think I’m an ahole in a 3 series. My wife drives a Wrangler Rubicon, so we have all bases covered. ;)
I know this post is almost three years old but did you ever take this car to a track?
It's great to have an M3 but you don't really have streets where you can actually drive fast.

I know this post is almost three years old but did you ever take this car to a track?
It's great to have an M3 but you don't really have streets where you can actually drive fast.
Never tracked it. Got a M340i in December and that got me track experience at the performance center in SC. Got to drive an M3 Competition then on track though. 😮😮😮

Picked up a '23 Ford Maverick hybrid Thursday afternoon. Got the radio stations set and hid the birdwatching gear under the back seat. Center compartment between the seats is big enough for binos AND camera. Gonna try setting up the tripod and spotting scope in the bed next weekend.

Picked up a '23 Ford Maverick hybrid Thursday afternoon. Got the radio stations set and hid the birdwatching gear under the back seat. Center compartment between the seats is big enough for binos AND camera. Gonna try setting up the tripod and spotting scope in the bed next weekend.
1923?

I’m considering another new car purchase. I don’t really like new cars. I completely enjoy older cars. I’ve been looking at old stuff; 68 or 69 Tbird, MkIII Lincoln, 73 (one year) Grand Prix…
I’m going to pay my house off very soon. I can pretty much afford anything. I’m not really interested in anything Euro. I’m not interested in anything hybrid or electric.
I’ll keep looking and I’ll buy something really sweet.

I’m old and soft with a 2 hour commute daily. Comfort, reliability, and being able to haul stuff for the shop are priority. After waiting 18 months for a Toyota Tundra that got delayed for the 7th time, I picked up a ‘23 Honda Pilot Elite. Saved about 13k and I’m getting better mileage.
IMG_0658.jpeg

Never tracked it. Got a M340i in December and that got me track experience at the performance center in SC. Got to drive an M3 Competition then on track though. 😮😮😮
I don't think I'd spend the money (if I had it) on such a car if the fastest speed I'm allowed to go with it is 85 mph.

Will have some news for this thread soon btw.

Picked up a Rav4 end of July. Love it. Still hurts a little to have traded in my 06 Tundra- but did have 260k miles and the drive train was strong but lots of little things kept coming up. And getting more than twice the gas mileage does not suck. Only problem so far is I can't find the slot for the cd.
20230730_074258.jpg

I pick up Italian models in this vehicle to show them what American muscle is all about. This is my daily driver. What I go into the night with, not knowing whether I’ll wake up to see another day. If anyone like Tyler Reddick comes up to me and questions me? I’ll drive away with their girl in my passenger seat.

Attachments

• 72BFFF1A-3FE2-4894-AADD-6E5F0DA46FA0.jpeg
    72BFFF1A-3FE2-4894-AADD-6E5F0DA46FA0.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 94
I'm a Chevy guy, never owned a Chevy. Haha

1994 Ford Taurus
2001 Dodge Stratus
2005 Hyundai Elantra
2010ish Mazda suv thing
2019 Blue Sexy as hell Toyota Camry. F&@* I love this car. I've had it for 4 years and I STILL like looking at it. Especially with that 9 sticker on the back XD get alot of comments on that lol

Do not think I could sit long enough to list the vehicles that I have owned. From the age of 15 to 19 I had over one hundred cars titled in my name.
My father was a partner in a used car lot and sold me cars that he either could not auction off immediately or needed something for them to be put on the lot.
I would buy them (the first one was for $15! I sold it for $300!), port them out, replace or repair what was needed to pass safety, or find another teenager to sell them to.
Some I drove for a week, some for a month. Sometimes I had two or three at one time. Wish I would have kept one or twenty of them. When I was sixteen, I had a 63 1/2 Ford Galaxy with a 406 and four speed that had 5 X 5 HM front spindles (11 X 3.5 brakes), Ford floater with 3.91 gears, no back seat, no carpeting, no cranks for the windows (a strap!)... and said H-M on the registration plate. Dad could not sell it on the lot (no mufflers and exhaust exited in front of the rear wheels through the frame rails!) I kept that car for almost three months. Bought it for $200 and sold it for $600 to a guy getting out of the Army, he lived in Tennessee and knew what it was. I stupidly sold it, the reason was that it did not have a heater or defroster and it was starting to get cold in Wisconsin. Oh, that and I had received my fourth ticket for no mufflers.

Forgot to say what I have today.
2014 Ford F150 XLT Crew Cab with 6.5 bed V8 with 33,000 miles on it. Bought it new in Dec 2013 to replace my '95 F150 with 389,000 miles on it (put 300k on it before 2006 when I got a company car).
2008 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer, 180,000 miles... bought it new, was my wife's car until she passed away last year. Now it is my daily driver.
Just sold my 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, only had 28,000 miles on it. Could not pass up the deal, $1500 in 2020. Used it as my personal car (still had a company car until 2021, then retired). After my wife passed, did not need three cars. Had the Explorer for sale, guy looked at the Explorer and was going to make an offer when he said he was worried about the miles (at the time it had about 160,000 on it). He asked how many miles on the Mercury, when I told him he asked if I would sell it. I said sure "make an offer". He offered $10k... I said "sold". He only offered $8k for the Explorer.

I've posted enough pics of my rides already, but here's something I don't think I've shared before....

My fiancé has a 2018 Rogue for a daily, but her pride and joy is a '95 Chrysler LeBaron convertible. She bought it a couple years ago, semi-locally (less than two hours away) from an older gentleman who took extremely good care of it....

Screenshot-20220822-205512-copy-1080x818-copy-1012x787.png

She found it on facebook marketplace and fell in love with the color. Once we saw the car in person and realized how clean it was, she immediately bought it and she says it's a keeper. We found a set of the factory optional GTC wheels, had them refurbished, and replaced the original steelies and hubcaps....

20230411-194953.jpg

20230411-194913-HDR.jpg

20230411-194112-HDR.jpg

The car runs and drives like brand new, and the interior is spotless. It's seriously a time capsule from the mid 90s and truthfully, I enjoy it as much as she does. It's powered by a Mitsubishi 3.0 V6, auto trans. Completely original other than the wheels. Seems to be a somewhat rare color. It's not something you see on the road anymore, that's for sure!

I was wondering if you still had your squarebody. That's a keeper. Do you still have your OBS?

Oh yeah, definitely! Yep I still have the '89 too, and will keep it until the truck literally rots away. The body is rusted to hell, but the frame is still solid.

I drive the Cadillac most days, so the pickup doesn't see much use. I still drive it to work a couple of times a month, or when I need to haul something, or when I go camping, or whenever someone needs help moving stuff....

20230412-181437-HDR.jpg

I've posted enough pics of my rides already, but here's something I don't think I've shared before....

My fiancé has a 2018 Rogue for a daily, but her pride and joy is a '95 Chrysler LeBaron convertible. She bought it a couple years ago, semi-locally (less than two hours away) from an older gentleman who took extremely good care of it....

She found it on facebook marketplace and fell in love with the color. Once we saw the car in person and realized how clean it was, she immediately bought it and she says it's a keeper. We found a set of the factory optional GTC wheels, had them refurbished, and replaced the original steelies and hubcaps....

20230411-194913-HDR.jpg

The car runs and drives like brand new, and the interior is spotless. It's seriously a time capsule from the mid 90s and truthfully, I enjoy it as much as she does. It's powered by a Mitsubishi 3.0 V6, auto trans. Completely original other than the wheels. Seems to be a somewhat rare color. It's not something you see on the road anymore, that's for sure!

Wow! Looks great!

Car isn't bad either ;) :XXROFL:

M sport.

^for the ones who like to zoom in - the tires have been replaced. This thing has huuge tires
275/40R20 (front)
315/35R20 (rear)

20230411-194953.jpg

20230411-194913-HDR.jpg

20230411-194112-HDR.jpg

My best friend had a LeBaron like that (bright red, black top) . It was kind of a money pit mechanically, but fun to drive. In 1999, we drove it from Indiana on a race shop tour trip to North Carolina. On day one we left Fort Wayne at 3 AM, and drove to Winston Salem on 98% two lane roads with the top down the entire way. He had a Sebring Convertible after that, an even bigger piece of crap mechanically.

Awesome ride! I’ll have to keep my eye out for you blowing by me as I travel your Canadian highways. Be careful in that beast!
dpk its a monster. in sheeps clothing. looks subte but tip in that right foot and the monster awakes

Back
Top Bottom