What kind of car do you drive?

I/we never purchased a vehicle for other than utility. Just purchased for present needs.
First car 1951 Mercury four door.
Second car 1950 Mercury convertible.
Third car 1953 Oldsmobile Convertible.
Fourth car 1961 Ford Starliner.
Fifth car 1963 Ford pickup. (first new new vehicle)
Sixth car 1963 Ford 2-door.
Sixth car 1970 Mercury.
Then we made some money and had six children!
Lots and lots of new vehicles since. Way too many to count.
Betsy

I JUST REMEMBERED THE CAR I FORGOT.

Austin Healy 3000.
How could I forget that oil-leaker??? Zippy car.

I/we never purchased a vehicle for other than utility. Just purchased for present needs.
First car 1951 Mercury four door.
Second car 1950 Mercury convertible.
Third car 1953 Oldsmobile Convertible.
Fourth car 1961 Ford Starliner.
Fifth car 1963 Ford pickup. (first new new vehicle)
Sixth car 1963 Ford 2-door.
Sixth car 1970 Mercury.
Then we made some money and had six children!
Lots and lots of new vehicles since. Way too many to count.
Betsy
You mentioned some very neat..... killer cars...... I almost bought a '61 Starliner as my first car.... it had a 406.... Black.......

I drive a clutch all day at work. I refuse to drive one home. To many hip and knee problems.

Mine is not really pimped out but it is a beast. Probably gets 10 to the gallon. Fortunatley the shop I work at is only 3 miles from my house

Attachments

• my truck.jpg
    my truck.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 313
Mine is not really pimped out but it is a beast. Probably gets 10 to the gallon. Fortunatley the shop I work at is only 3 miles from my house
Wow. Washing that puppy has to be a chore. Thanks for posting the pic. Looks great!

Just putting tires on it..... you have to take out a bank loan..... Mine has 19.5's......... a little better than 400 bucks each...... that's 2400 bucks for a a full set.....

My 75 Bronco got a whopping 12.5
LOL....... yeah...... mileage is always what you can stand...... I've had some vehicles back in the '70's that got 5........ of course gas was 25 cents a gallon then..... right now we have a Jeep Grand Cherokee that averages 14-16.... and a Ford ranger that gets about 21.......

- 1973 Nova in High School I blew the motor the first week I had it. I put a 350 4 bolt main in it, replaced the auto with a 4 speed.
It had a Holley Spread Bore, was very fast.
-1971 Z28 Camaro. Fast motor but I learned to hate Automatics with that car.
-1955 Chevrolet with the old Nova Engine and transmission.
-1966 Chevelle Super Sport
-1981 Malibu Street Stock race car
-1985 Toyota beatup pickup with an R22 that I towed the Legends race car with.
-2000 Z71 Silverado 4x4

plus a few jalopies.

Wife cars
1989 Honda Prelude
1994 Mazda Rx7 twin turbo
1998 Toyota Rav4
1999 Toyota 4 runner
2012 Toyota Camry

Current 2015 Z71 Silverado 4x4

You mentioned some very neat..... killer cars...... I almost bought a '61 Starliner as my first car.... it had a 406.... Black.......
Amazing car. There is ONE near here. Original owner hand me down from dad to son. It was white, original condition. He wouldn't sell it.

My uncle had a 66 Galaxie 7 Litre. 428 was replaced with a 427 side oiler with tunnel port heads and 2X4 intake. Daytona top loader. The motor was 13:1 compression and had an aluminum flywheel. He would take it to the shows, we'd roll under it and remove the plates on the exhaust. He'd roll it up to about 2,000 and then hammer it to 7,500 and lift. The compression combined with the aluminum flywheel brought it from 7,500 to idle in about a second. A crowd always gathered around that car. He also had a 1971 Pantera.
My dad had some cool cars too. '65 Mustang 406, 4speed, Econoline straight front axle. '67 Mustang fastback 351 Cleveland, 4bbl heads, C6 3500 stall. '71 MACH 1, 429 SCJ Drag Pack C6, 3:91 locker. Rare 1959 Facel Vega HK500 (I've seen two in my life.)

Wanted to add my pics.
upload_2017-5-25_19-36-33.png
2014 RAM 1500
upload_2017-5-25_19-39-16.png

2006 Buick Lacrosse
upload_2017-5-25_19-40-53.jpeg
2001 Chevy Impala (stock photo, but this is what mine looked like)

used_1991_oldsmobile_cutlass_ciera_99520733712682044.jpg

1991 Olds Cutlass Ciera. (This is another stock photo, but looks similar to mine. Mine had a moon roof and luggage rack on the rear deck, and the hub caps were a little different, but overall this was a great car.)

My uncle had a 66 Galaxie 7 Litre. 428 was replaced with a 427 side oiler with tunnel port heads and 2X4 intake. Daytona top loader. The motor was 13:1 compression and had an aluminum flywheel. He would take it to the shows, we'd roll under it and remove the plates on the exhaust. He'd roll it up to about 2,000 and then hammer it to 7,500 and lift. The compression combined with the aluminum flywheel brought it from 7,500 to idle in about a second. A crowd always gathered around that car. He also had a 1971 Pantera.
My dad had some cool cars too. '65 Mustang 406, 4speed, Econoline straight front axle. '67 Mustang fastback 351 Cleveland, 4bbl heads, C6 3500 stall. '71 MACH 1, 429 SCJ Drag Pack C6, 3:91 locker. Rare 1959 Facel Vega HK500 (I've seen two in my life.)
Wow........!!!!!! I can see why your name is Ford...... that..... along with the Mustangs you listed as yours is super impressive..... it's always been a uphill battle to be a FoMoCo fan...... that 427 side oiler .......the absolute crown jewel of the FE engines.......

I had a friend that had a '70 Torino style Cobra with a 429 SCJ and drag pack option.......

Great stuff there!!!!!!

Wow........!!!!!! I can see why your name is Ford...... that..... along with the Mustangs you listed as yours is super impressive..... it's always been a uphill battle to be a FoMoCo fan...... that 427 side oiler .......the absolute crown jewel of the FE engines.......

I had a friend that had a '70 Torino style Cobra with a 429 SCJ and drag pack option.......

Great stuff there!!!!!!
I've only seen a couple sets of tunnel port heads. You could fit a tennis ball in the intake ports. Some of the ports had a bolt going straight down the center of the port. Those things would breathe.

Ours was all black with red and white interior. Was a avis rental before us. Has no a/c. But neither did any of the vehicles before it.
Betsy

My main car is a rental car from which ever city I'm in for that week. This week it is a 2017 buick from the Portsmouth New Hampshire Enterprise.:)

I have enjoyed all the stories and pics and I can't remember all the vehicles I have had over the years and spending most of my career in the new car biz got me in and out of a lot. Funny thing is I have owned almost new cars but never an official new car but I have had several new motorcycles. Here are 3 that are in my current fleet and there are more tucked away for safe keeping. The Tundra doesn't see a lot of use but is very handy to have in the good and bad weather. The old man Avalon is fantastic as it draws attention from no one, gets great fuel economy and has great get up and go and is super comfortable. Just don't deliberately throw the thing hard into a corner as it doesn't like it. The Vette is something I picked up to flip but it grew on me but I am getting the itch for a 370Z so it may get moved out or stored.

DSCN8087 (2).JPG

019 (2).JPG

DSCN1465 (2).JPG

I've only seen a couple sets of tunnel port heads. You could fit a tennis ball in the intake ports. Some of the ports had a bolt going straight down the center of the port. Those things would breathe.
I'm going to combine your 2 posts......

I have never ever seen a set of tunnel port heads for an FE..... I knew they made low, medium and high risers.......

About the Cammer..... I can't believe your uncle had 2!!!!!! In my opinion.... that was the most beautiful engine ever made...... bar none...... :cheers:

You better believe it...... what Bobby is mentioning is the Holy Grail of FoMoCo...... things heard of in folklore....... but hardly ever witnessed first hand......

Totally my dad has a CJ, a couple of 390 tripowers some Windsors, some flatheads. The CJ he had put in his 64 galaxie 500 xl. The hood had to be cut ;)

Back
Top Bottom