When will Chase Elliott win?

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Seriously, he was so close last year, I thought he would have run well at Atlanta. Of course that seems to be the fault of the Camaro. I just can't believe he hasn't won yet.

When's the last time a driver went this deep into his career without a win and won a championship? It seems like every eventual champion this century either won a race in their rookie year or their sophomore year with the exception of Bobby Labonte in 2000.

He'll likely win as soon as they either give him a car as dominant as Harvick's was Sunday, or when all the stars align and and he catches a lucky break. So far to this point, NEITHER has happened. I realize I'm biased, but I honestly can't recall a single instance where something really broke his way in the last 10-50 laps of a race. As I have pointed out more than once, Jeff Gordon was a heartbeat away from being just as winless at this point in his career.

If he doesn't get the deal closed by seasons end I'll be surprised. Then again I thought the same thing last season... Top 5 cars turn into winning cars if the cards fall your way so once the Camaro gets all figured out, he should have plenty of chances over this season.

Soon. Martinsville coming up here as well as Kansas and Chicagoland come to my mind.

As early as this Sunday, as late as never, and everything in between. What I don’t like seeing are guys like Dillon and stenhouse now racking up two wins, yet everytime Elliott has a good pitch, he whiffs. Martinsville is a good example of him, self sabotaging a race winning car.

some different luck, better restarts at michigan, not getting dumped at martinsville. that could be 5 or 6 wins by now

I will be shocked if he does not win this year.

Not sure when he’ll win but folks are forgetting the kid is just old enough to drink legally. His performances have greatly outweighed his age and maturity.

Remember Joey Logano came in young, won 3 times in 5 full seasons, and with experience and maturity rattled off 14 wins the next 3 seasons.

Again, Im not sure when the first W will arrive but when it does its bad news bears for everyone else.

It'll take some patience with this new car. The good news is he has very few weak tracks. Indy and Richmond are his 2 biggest right now so he has plenty of chances to get it done.

I'd be concerned if he was not winning and not running up front, but he's put together 2 really strong seasons to start his career.

Last edited:
It'll take some patience with this new car. The good news is he has very few weak tracks. Indy and Richmond are his 2 biggest right now so he has plenty of chances to get it done.

I'd be concerned if he was not winning and not running up front, but he's put together 2 really strong seasons to start his career.
Im sure Michigan is on his list.

I don't have any idea when Elliott will get his first win as no one here does, but if Byron or Bowman get theirs first I hope we don't see a meltdown in this thread.:)

As early as this Sunday, as late as never, and everything in between. What I don’t like seeing are guys like Dillon and stenhouse now racking up two wins, yet everytime Elliott has a good pitch, he whiffs. Martinsville is a good example of him, self sabotaging a race winning car.
Seriously wonder what some of you are watching.

I don't have any idea when Elliott will get his first win as no one here does, but if Byron or Bowman get theirs first I hope we don't see a meltdown in this thread.:)
I don't think that'll happen. He survived Atlanta in a new Camaro that bit all of the others in the ass. He and Kyle Larson were the first two Chevy's at 9th and 10th with AD 14th and the rest of the Chevy's 18th on down. They're having a helluva time getting a handle on the new car and new ride height rules together. I think when the CCs get it figured out he'll catch fire and win a few this year.

HMS Atlanta results
Chase Elliott- 10th on the lead lap.
William Byron- 18th two laps down
Alex bowman- 20th three laps down
Jimmie Johnson- 27th four laps down

I don't think that'll happen. He survived Atlanta in a new Camaro that bit all of the others in the ass. He and Kyle Larson were the first two Chevy's at 9th and 10th with AD 14th and the rest of the Chevy's 18th on down. They're having a helluva time getting a handle on the new car and new ride height rules together. I think when the CCs get it figured out he'll catch fire and win a few this year.

HMS Atlanta results
Still cant believe how Byron rallied back to a top 20 after his mishaps and bad luck. Kid put in some serious work.

HMS Atlanta results
I agree I think he will get a win very soon.:)

He really showed potential in the Playoffs last year. He couldn't help that Denny went all Denny on him at Martinsville. Phoenix, well, he went balls out to do what he had to do late and used up his tires, getting snookered by a cagey veteran (with a slightly better car) in Kenseth. Dover was a flat out choke, I'll admit. On the 1.5ers in the Playoffs, they had great runs that any other year likely would have been wins (Chicago, Charlotte) but Truex was absolutely in another zip code. I'm looking forward to Martinsville, maybe Texas as good potential runs coming up. If he hasn't won or at least been in strong contention to win by the Coke 600, then color me very concerned. Of course, I'll blame the Camaro... ;)

(Sorry to jump right in like this with post #1. I've lurked for a long time and finally registered. Was a Bill Elliott fan as a child, then on to the Burton brothers, but almost stopped watching altogether until Chase came along and gave me someone to root for. Now I regret all the snide things I said about "just pulling for Jr because of who his daddy was" in the 90s...)

He really showed potential in the Playoffs last year. He couldn't help that Denny went all Denny on him at Martinsville. Phoenix, well, he went balls out to do what he had to do late and used up his tires, getting snookered by a cagey veteran (with a slightly better car) in Kenseth. Dover was a flat out choke, I'll admit. On the 1.5ers in the Playoffs, they had great runs that any other year likely would have been wins (Chicago, Charlotte) but Truex was absolutely in another zip code. I'm looking forward to Martinsville, maybe Texas as good potential runs coming up. If he hasn't won or at least been in strong contention to win by the Coke 600, then color me very concerned. Of course, I'll blame the Camaro... ;)

(Sorry to jump right in like this with post #1. I've lurked for a long time and finally registered. Was a Bill Elliott fan as a child, then on to the Burton brothers, but almost stopped watching altogether until Chase came along and gave me someone to root for. Now I regret all the snide things I said about "just pulling for Jr because of who his daddy was" in the 90s...)

Welcome. Keep on posting :cheers:

Who knows?

He'll get one this year, eventually. He's honestly been exceptional, a championship contender in his first two seasons, but that damned goose egg is still in the win column.

Just goes to show its not easy to win for anybody, even if you're in a Hendrick car.

Thanks! I should add that I have high hopes for Phoenix as well. Then again, I had high hopes for Atlanta and they were junk all weekend.
top ten on the first 1.5 isn't bad IMO. He was all over it at Daytona until he wrecked out.

Hendrick Motorsports has been getting overrated for a couple years. I think Chase deserves better.

You're a unc fan so anything you say is automatically invalid

Kidding, welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom