Who Gets the 48?

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
So we don't fill the retirement thread with rumors. My bet would be they bring in someone with experience, Hendrick has gone with 2 rookies and a young guy who only drove junk as its last 3 new drivers.

Do they bring in another JRM star? Allgaier? Annett?

As much as I’d love to see him race again, he’s done. The only thing he’s alluded to is maybe a truck race at Martinsville with a good shot at being competitive.
I feel like pilot/flying J would have to pony up a ton of money for Annet to even be considered. Allgair maybe had an outside shot, he'd be a cheap veteran driver. What about a Hamlin or a Truex, JGR can't want Bell to stay at Levine forever.

I feel like pilot/flying J would have to pony up a ton of money for Annet to even be considered. Allgair maybe had an outside shot, he'd be a cheap veteran driver. What about a Hamlin or a Truex, JGR can't want Bell to stay at Levine forever.
I would say Hamlin, but after the way this season went, hell, for all of JGR, I dont see why they'd give up any if their big 3

I'd love to see what Allgaier could do in good Cup equipment, if they want to go the more experienced route. Also, if not Ross, Brett Moffitt is in a Chevy truck and has Cup experience, some decent results in the 55, prime age 27-28.

Do they bring in another JRM star? Allgaier? Annett?

As much as I’d love to see him race again, he’s done. The only thing he’s alluded to is maybe a truck race at Martinsville with a good shot at being competitive.
no because they are ride buyers

Here’s my bold prediction for next season:
JGR pussyfoots around with Erik Jones, Hendrick poaches him and puts him in the 48. I think Ross is probably the next most likely scenario, really don’t think larson will leave Gannassi

Here’s my bold prediction for next season:
JGR pussyfoots around with Erik Jones, Hendrick poaches him and puts him in the 48. I think Ross is probably the next most likely scenario, really don’t think larson will leave Gannassi
Yeah I know Hendrick didn't like Kahne running sprint cars, and Larson runs them more then Kasey ever did.

Gragson will be in his second year in Xfinity..and he ain't no Byron. Hendrick already has the star of the sport, Elliott and I don't see any of those in the pipeline. But Chastain in the lowly truck series out of anybody who could be loose to move, probably is more popular and skilled than anybody. Amazing the following he has and he doesn't pussyfoot around if somebody needs to be moved out of the way. I think his clean cut lifestyle would be attractive to HMS also.It would be something if Chastain gets a full ride in the Jr/Hendrick Xfinity car next year. That would surely tell the tale if Ross was being groomed for the 48 ride.

Good ******* grief.
If, he wins this year. I don't see why he couldn't be in the running come '21 or '22. Another prospect to be out on the look for is John Hunter IMO, but I doubt Hendrick picks him up. Maybe Justin Haley in a couple of years?

Chastain is more of a CGR driver, I'd prefer him to be CGR. Yet, his personality screams HMS at the same time. I could only imagine the agriculture brands that would want to back Ross at HMS. Maybe, Chastain is that answer for HMS for missing out on Keselowski years ago.

what if eric jones isn't that awesome? he has been in gibbs equipment since the beginning, keep some prospective. the hauler driver could win in a gibbs NXS car

What's wrong with Gragson for the long-term?

Just an honest question, I never understood why so many dislike him.

I hear lots of Toyota drivers in this thread...that's not going to happen.

Ryan Pre-...oh forget it :D

Well certainly Gragson didn't do anything in year one to earn the seat but he has a year left to earn it. He was just mentioned in the convo as the in-house option

what if eric jones isn't that awesome? he has been in gibbs equipment since the beginning, keep some prospective. the hauler driver could win in a gibbs NXS car

He outdrove the Cup Champ and Kyle Larson to win at Darlington, so there’s that.

Just had this thought isn't Hemric supposed to do Xfinity races with JRM next year, theres a Chevy guy with Cup experience.

I am with ya. All I know is he is a go getter. I thought he put on a great show in the trucks especially.

I don't see anybody here say they don't like him. I would think it would take a year like Custer had to move that soon to the 48.

Gragson has shown most promise on twitter dropping the hammer

He won one race in a full season in the Rudy Fugle Truck. Compare that to the performances of Byron, Erik Jones, and Christopher Bell. I think Noah has some talent, but he’s clearly not a future star in the sport. Doesn’t mean he won’t be good or win some races, but we know how high expectations are at HMS. Heck, some people labeled Byron a bust after one year.

I do think Noah will win a race or two next season and will end up in cup at some point. He brings $$$ and that offsets everything else

I haven't had time to read the comments but I guarantee all of you that Daniel hemric well get the 48 after he has an extremely impressive year in Xfinity... and years from now we're going to say that we can't believe the events that caused Daniel hemric to get the 48....

I haven't had time to read the comments but I guarantee all of you that Daniel hemric well get the 48 after he has an extremely impressive year in Xfinity... and years from now we're going to say that we can't believe the events that caused Daniel hemric to get the 48....

That's one hell of a guarantee

Back
Top Bottom