Who will drive the #6?

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
Now that it appears The Hardest Man To Pass is going to make it, I think we can turn to the question of who Roush will put in the car. Guesses?

Chase Briscoe, Austin Cindric, John Hunter Nemechek, Matt Crafton as options?

If they want a vet? Kenseth.

If they want younger blood? Cindric.

Mark Martin and Matt Kenseth arnt coming out of retirement to drive that car, they’ve been out of the game too long. Come on....what would even lead anyone to believe that? I would think it’d be someone younger like maybe Austin Cindric who is in the Ford pipeline and looking for a shot

Last edited:
534bed08841ca5b195c6a83cdb2ba12d.jpg

Only a rookie salary would fill the Roush budget.
I also think this is the end of Newman's career.

There were a grand total of TWO Fords in the Xfinity race Saturday. They don't exactly have a bench.

"Rookie salary" or someone that will take anything, which there's always plenty of them.

I could see Menard or Ragan for a couple of weeks. I think the other veterans mentioned have been out of the car for too long, assuming they’d even be interested.

Gaughan? Suarez?

I could see Menard or Ragan for a couple of weeks. I think the other veterans mentioned have been out of the car for too long, assuming they’d even be interested.

Gaughan? Suarez?
Gaughan is a Chevy driver and Suarez is a Toyota driver, I doubt they will be able to.

I could see Briscoe or Cindric being called up for a race or two (if necessary). Regan could fill-in, I doubt Menard or Kenseth have to be possibilities as well.

In short, I have no clue. I'm just throwing Darts at the wall.

Gaughan is a Chevy driver and Suarez is a Toyota driver, I doubt they will be able to.

I could see Briscoe or Cindric being called up for a race or two (if necessary). Regan could fill-in, I doubt Menard or Kenseth have to be possibilities as well.

Watch it be Ken Schrader

Menard would be an excellent choice....unfortunately, Daddy Menard and Roush are not on and never have been on the best of terms. So...that might cause a tad bit of an issue within the family. Kenseth is a good choice for a short term fill in, some say he has been out of it for too long, but...he has actively raced a couple of times in the past year so the rust would be very temporary. Probably lose it in practice alone. Ford would not allow either Brisco or Cindric to leave them uncovered in Xfinity. Ragan...not Regan would be a very good possibility...but even a rusty Kenseth would be more competitive on mile and a half tracks than Regan....for some reason he has never clicked on those.

Just my two cents

Some people really want some wish fulfillment.

My guess is Ragan, I had even seen comments from him that he would be ready if something came up.

Gaughan's a part-timer. I don't know if he has any contractual ties to Chevy. He'd probably be willing to drive in front of the home town crowd.

Suarez drove Fords last year, although it's probably too late for him to get out of his current contract. I don't think he's contractually tied to Toyota. If I could get a chartered ride, I'd jump on it.

I'd love to see Chastain but I'm positive Chevy wouldn't sit still for that.

Yeah, I'm just tossing stuff out too. Ragan or Menard make the most sense among the vets, especially for the first couple of weeks while Jack sorts it out.

Last edited:
Kenseth fans really need to move on.

come on now, if kasey kahne was coming back youd be stoked....
But I know he isn't because of health reasons. They just can't except the way he was forced out, but throwing his name out there all the time for everything is just wishing for something that isn't happening.

Biffle. Unlike Kenseth he actually isn’t retired and has expressed interest in continuing to race. Also, he was considered for the 43 when Aric was hurt in 2017 but only wants to run if it’s a decent ride. This won’t happen though because it makes too much sense and we can’t have nice things.

Biffle. Unlike Kenseth he actually isn’t retired and has expressed interest in continuing to race. Also, he was considered for the 43 when Aric was hurt in 2017 but only wants to run if it’s a decent ride. This won’t happen though because it makes too much sense and we can’t have nice things.
I wondered about Biff in the short term. He did run that Truck race last year, and has indicated he’d do it again. I don’t know what terms he parted on.

But I know he isn't because of health reasons. They just can't except the way he was forced out, but throwing his name out there all the time for everything is just wishing for something that isn't happening.
I've never had a problem with Gibbs' business decision. You'll note that this Kenseth fan has agreed with others who say it won't happen.

But since you brought it up, he was in the car for half of the '18 season. He's only been out a year. Biffle was out longer than that before he won a Truck race. Matt might be willing to help out again for a few weeks, but I don't expect it.

It's SOME of the Edwards fans that are delusional. :p

Biffle or Kenseth are who I’m hoping for. I think either one could get some good runs outta that car

anyone but david ragan. The hauler driver is better. Kenseth is my top choice, menard second, heck just saw someone say biffle, um YES bring back biffle. I like the idea of bringing back a veteren because the sport is loosing its veterens and as a result the special personalities the sport had with them.

I think the obvious choice would be David Ragan, but we could be surprised with someone else.

As much as it sucks to say it, I do believe this is the end of Newmans career.

anyone but david ragan. The hauler driver is better. Kenseth is my top choice, menard second, heck just saw someone say biffle, um YES bring back biffle. I like the idea of bringing back a veteren because the sport is loosing its veterens and as a result the special personalities the sport had with them.
This may be the only time I've seen Kenseth, Biffle, and especially Menard mentioned in the same post with the phrase 'special personalities'. Kenseth has a bone-dry razor wit, but none of them drew attention outside obligatory press appearances. Menard is the poster boy for artificial vanilla flavoring.

Back
Top Bottom