Who will drive the #6?

He was in a pretty solid one for a change at Daytona, made a hell of a move for the front and got cut off and wrecked out late. This is going to be good
It will be, a lot of eyes will be on Ross this weekend and depending on how long Newman is out of the car.

Ross is going to be that same bull behind the wheel. A lot of seats will be open next season, so this is the tryout for him. At least, I think so.

I agree but I don't think the 6 car is that great a car, but we'll see Ross might be able to make it work. A top 5 would be impressive where I come from

Ross will be in the 6 at Las Vegas.
tenor.gif

I like this post.

I will switch over from Blaney for 1 race.
Ross Chastain will likely get some support this weekend in the "Nascar Pick 'Em" game. But he will be in a better car for the World 600 in May... a full Chip Ganassi entry... and that might be a better time to pick him.

Ross Chastain will likely get some support this weekend in the "Nascar Pick 'Em" game. But he will be in a better car for the World 600 in May... a full Chip Ganassi entry... and that might be a better time to pick him.

Eh. I think the 6 with Scott Graves is better than the R&D Ganassi car.

Alva Fla. is 48 miles from my home. The Chastains grow literally thousands of acres of Melons each year, "Melon One". Ross has worked in these fields and is genuinely a good person.
I was in one of there fields 2 week ago while looking at a 22,000 acre hunting lease on Lykes Brothers property. This Melon field was 1500 acres and that is just this field.

I am looking forward to Las Vegas and seeing Ross give it his best. :punkrocke

Eh. I think the 6 with Scott Graves is better than the R&D Ganassi car.
Chastain is unfamiliar with the #6 and Roush, is a substitute, and is likely being encouraged to bring the car home in one piece. I have no doubt he'll do well but as far as Pick 'Ems this week, I'm leaving him on the bench.

And that's more detail than I usually post about games I'm competing in.

I've always appreciated him for being a hardnosed, old-school racer, but now I really wanna him win at least one more time.
Unbelievable how quickly we've gone fearing the worst to "I hope he's not seriously hurt" to "I hope he someday races again" to "I hope he gets another win". What a badass.

Unbelievable how quickly we've gone fearing the worst to "I hope he's not seriously hurt" to "I hope he someday races again" to "I hope he gets another win". What a badass.
I assume a playoff exemption won't be a problem, and he hasn't won then he's made it in on points. If he's not out too long, it shouldn't be a problem.

I assume a playoff exemption won't be a problem, and he hasn't won then he's made it in on points. If he's not out too long, it shouldn't be a problem.
I know this won't be popular but it's how i feel. Want to see him have a press conference announcing his immediate retirement. When asked why his reply should be "the plate tracks have tried to kill me too many times". "I'm DONE!!!" Just go home and raise his kids. But i doubt it happens.

I know this won't be popular but it's how i feel. Want to see him have a press conference announcing his immediate retirement. When asked why his reply should be "the plate tracks have tried to kill me too many times". "I'm DONE!!!" Just go home and raise his kids. But i doubt it happens.

Honestly, if that's what he decides, I would be okay with that. His life and what he wants is more important than what any of us fans want.

It wouldn't surprise or disappoint me. His life, his career, his choice.

It's interesting, now that they can't justify their hate of Super Speedway racing because there wasn't a horrendous injury, now they are hoping Ryan will retire and blame it on the track.

Kevin Harvick's words about this guy haven't aged well. Chip Ganassi, on the other hand, tapped into a gold mine, and the other owners see it as evidenced by this awesome decision.

Chastain is unfamiliar with the #6 and Roush, is a substitute, and is likely being encouraged to bring the car home in one piece. I have no doubt he'll do well.

From what I have seen from him over time, Ross is pretty quick at finding where the edge is and what the car will and will not do without wrecking it. Example: I feel if he finds it a 10 place car, that is where he will race it, kind of like Kenseth did for years.

I have a feeling that Newman will announce his retirement in the following days, leaving Chastain at the #6 full time. Just a gut feeling. Totally respectable decision considering what happened.

Back
Top Bottom