William Byron is the best driver in NASCAR

2 Sweet

HMS 4-life
Yeah, the title of this thread is out there just a bit, and it's silly to even argue about the "best driver" considering how many variables are involved, but I feel like Willy is destined for tremendous success with Rudy Fugle. And Byron deserves recognition for how well he has been running for quite some time now.

Who's the best so far in '23? Just look at how impressive the 24 team has been this year. I don't see any sign of them slowing down, and there's no doubt in my mind they will be in title contention this year. Two wins already, and could have had a third at Richmond if a JGR driver wouldn't have been such a doofus. New year, same story. It's funny how Hendrick drivers always seem to get taken out by the mistake of a Gibbs driver....but I digress.

All four Hendrick drivers are damn good, running damn well, and any one of them could win the title this year. But I think Byron is the man to beat.

Meh. I’d rather see him in a Ford. I’m not as bullish on Byron like others are.

I think Larson is the best driver at Hendrick by quite a bit. People forget that he had the Las Vegas race won if not for a tacky caution.

I really think he can get to 4+ wins this season. He’s been up front and leading laps pretty much every week

Him and Larson seem to be the front runners every week. I think he's definitely improving every year. I'd like to see him get more aggressive , can't say I ever seen him push someone out of the way. He's driven around Larson for the lead a couple times on the outside this year and that's been impressive

Ok I have to admit when I saw this title I thought it was another whiningsmoke rambling

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I like Byron, he got screwed at Martinsville, but we won't be listening all week to Byron talking to whoever has a Vlog about driver courtesy. He will take his lick and come back strong next week. Larson does his share of whining.

I like Byron, he got screwed at Martinsville, but we won't be listening all week to Byron talking to whoever has a Vlog about driver courtesy. He will take his lick and come back strong next week. Larson does his share of whining.
when has Larson whined?

Willy B might be taking that next step before our very eyes. The 24 has been in contention every race this season and has led laps on top of that. He's got some solid playoff points as well. It's good to see him doing well in the 24, hope he continues this form all season long.

William Byron is better than Dale Earnhardt Sr. Discuss. Sheesh. Get a room. Points to the scoreboard. Sees C Bell ahead of him.

Yeah, the title of this thread is out there just a bit, and it's silly to even argue about the "best driver" considering how many variables are involved, but I feel like Willy is destined for tremendous success with Rudy Fugle. And Byron deserves recognition for how well he has been running for quite some time now.

Who's the best so far in '23? Just look at how impressive the 24 team has been this year. I don't see any sign of them slowing down, and there's no doubt in my mind they will be in title contention this year. Two wins already, and could have had a third at Richmond if a JGR driver wouldn't have been such a doofus. New year, same story. It's funny how Hendrick drivers always seem to get taken out by the mistake of a Gibbs driver....but I digress.

All four Hendrick drivers are damn good, running damn well, and any one of them could win the title this year. But I think Byron is the man to beat.
No way. Still 3rd best on the team. Larson has been the fastest car this year. Best car at Autoclub, as good as the 24 at Vegas, was the best HMS car at Phoenix (Byron flat out wheeled him there though), was the best Hendrick car at Atlanta, and was the best car at Richmond.

5 has the field covered in pace this year it looks like.

But Joey Logano is the best driver in NASCAR. I'll die on that hill right now. No one is better.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Meh. I’d rather see him in a Ford. I’m not as bullish on Byron like others are.

I think Larson is the best driver at Hendrick by quite a bit. People forget that he had the Las Vegas race won if not for a tacky caution.
And had Phoenix won without spinning his tires..also had the best car at Autoclub, by a mile, and was in contention to win Atlanta before Almirola.

5 car has been the fastest car by a considerable margin this year. Execution is another story though.

Remember when he was a baby? He's aged a lot the last year. He looks like he's 30 lol

I'd rather race Joey than Kyle Larson every damn day my friend.
Larson has more talent.

But Joey just seems to have *IT*. Everything else about him just gives him the edge over Larson, in my eyes. Joey has low key been the 3rd best playoff/chase driver of all time after Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart. But that's a whole Convo for another thread.

I’m not sure Kyle Larson has more *talent* than Joey Logano does on asphalt.

Joey Logano, Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson are all 3 about the same in talent. I hope all 3 are in the Championship 4 this year.

Joey Logano isn’t a dirt track driver so the comparison is apples & oranges.

Last edited:
Larson has more talent.

But Joey just seems to have *IT*. Everything else about him just gives him the edge over Larson, in my eyes. Joey has low key been the 3rd best playoff/chase driver of all time after Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart. But that's a whole Convo for another thread.

I hear you, but I said it the year he won it, and I will say it now....The Championship runs through Larson. The fact that he isn't winning everything in sight makes him stealthy...and even more dangerous.

No way. Still 3rd best on the team. Larson has been the fastest car this year. Best car at Autoclub, as good as the 24 at Vegas, was the best HMS car at Phoenix (Byron flat out wheeled him there though), was the best Hendrick car at Atlanta, and was the best car at Richmond.

5 has the field covered in pace this year it looks like.

But Joey Logano is the best driver in NASCAR. I'll die on that hill right now. No one is better.

How bout that win for Larson yesterday? To your point, I dont want the job anymore of ranking HMS drivers, the 3 full timers that are participating right now are all having really good seasons and when Chase gets back while it could be a race or 3 for him to pick up his form will be there right with his teammates. While I was conflicted about the rebuild Rick undertook from 18-19 seasons, it has paid off. This is the fruit of that rebuild, every team under the HMS banner has and is a threat to win each week this year, all four are aces. I wouldnt hate an all HMS Championship Four but I think Joey, C Bell, Busch, Hamlin and the Human Wrecking Ball might have something to say about that.

Byron could easily become the best at HMS. He's only been racing for 10 years . He started racing
Legends in 2012 and won 33 times.
2016 Most wins by a rookie 7 in Truck series
2017 Xfinity Champion
2018 Cup Rookie of the year
2023 Cup Champion?

Not to many come up the ladder that fast.

I wouldnt hate an all HMS Championship Four
In a series who claims parity, you should. Regardless, I love The Chain Gang euphoria. Early days. Lots of racing left....and then there's that leaderboard.

In a series who claims parity, you should. Regardless, I love The Chain Gang euphoria. Early days. Lots of racing left....and then there's that leaderboard.
I dont. I appreciate greatness, dominance, and going out and executing at the height of your ability. I would cheer against it if your Toyota's did it but I would appreciate the level it took to get all 4 teams in that race. Thats really really really hard to do and never been done I dont think since this format was implemented.

I dont. I appreciate greatness, dominance, and going out and executing at the height of your ability. I would cheer against it if your Toyota's did it but I would appreciate the level it took to get all 4 teams in that race. Thats really really really hard to do and never been done I dont think since this format was implemented.
Fair enough. I love that the target is around HMS's neck. The Chain Gang's Championship to lose. Don't choke.

How bout that win for Larson yesterday? To your point, I dont want the job anymore of ranking HMS drivers, the 3 full timers that are participating right now are all having really good seasons and when Chase gets back while it could be a race or 3 for him to pick up his form will be there right with his teammates. While I was conflicted about the rebuild Rick undertook from 18-19 seasons, it has paid off. This is the fruit of that rebuild, every team under the HMS banner has and is a threat to win each week this year, all four are aces. I wouldnt hate an all HMS Championship Four but I think Joey, C Bell, Busch, Hamlin and the Human Wrecking Ball might have something to say about that.
I think Ross is also phenomenal, he is good everywhere.

Pumped Larson finally got the win. Felt overdue.

HMS is the best it's every been across the board. Obviously 2007 and 2009 were strong years, and Jeff Gordon/Jimmie Johnson is probably the best 1-2 punch there is. But it seems like all 4 cars can be the *best* HMS car any week.

I don't think they've ever been this strong 1-4. And sadly for the field, I think NASCAR is back to the old ways of HMS being in their own world, with teams like Gibbs and Penske popping up and competing.

I would hate a same team final 4, regardless of who it is. I'm with you on that one.

Before deciding on this important matter I need to hear from the person who learnt how win these type of debates on a D.Sim platform (aka a Debate or Discussion Simulator but there also is a big fight about if it should be called a Debate or Discussion Simulator).

Only a person with a proper D.Sim rig can make All of the Go Rythems work together: to measure all the thoughts of the popcorn eaters, the ones loosing their sheit and getting time out, and any logical points that are presented.

Before deciding on this important matter I need to hear from the person who learnt how win these type of debates on a D.Sim platform (aka a Debate or Discussion Simulator but there also is a big fight about if it should be called a Debate or Discussion Simulator).

Only a person with a proper D.Sim rig can make All of the Go Rythems work together: to measure all the thoughts of the popcorn eaters, the ones loosing their sheit and getting time out, and any logical points that are presented.
What?

Best driver right now is Joey Logano.

But the Hendrick cars are better than the rest of the field by a country mile. I can see that organization getting 12+ more wins before the year's out with Byron and Larson, and when Elliott comes back.

Currently, I would call Byron the "Hottest driver in Nascar and I would say the qualification is different than the "Best".

Momentum as a term is used more in other sports, but hot streaks happen a lot in racing as well. This may last for a sustained period of time, over several years for him and and I may eventually become more comfortable calling him the "Best" overall, but I think it is a little premature at this point.

William Byron was the first repeat winner last year too and looked like he was going to be in the final four, but couldn't put a full season together.

This year does seem different though.

It's gonna be a different story when Chase Elliott comes back though. I have a feeling he's gonna go on an ungodly tear and win 6-10 races.

Currently, I would call Byron the "Hottest driver in Nascar and I would say the qualification is different than the "Best".

Momentum as a term is used more in other sports, but hot streaks happen a lot in racing as well. This may last for a sustained period of time, over several years for him and and I may eventually become more comfortable calling him the "Best" overall, but I think it is a little premature at this point.
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom