William Byron is the best driver in NASCAR

I will say it is interesting when you stop and look at the effort and the resources HMS has poured into pairing these guys up with hotshot CC's. It has definitely paid off.

Poor ol' Elliott is stuck with that bozo Gustafson 😏😉

And sadly for the field, I think NASCAR is back to the old ways of HMS being in their own world, with teams like Gibbs and Penske popping up and competing.
We will be okay. The Chain Gang just might choke. This sport is fickle.

Well, ya know, legend has it that nobody takes our posts seriously anyway. ;)

They gonna be coming after you with pitchforks and torches homie.

Honestly, Chase doesn't have to be the most talented driver in the field, or considered the best. He is remarkably consistent, excels at every type of track, takes care of his stuff, and is always in the hunt. Byron and Logano are the same way.

Hendrick's going to be the dominant team for a few more seasons at least. Chevy is far and away the best manufacturer on track right now and Hendrick is by far the best team.

Ford's primary investment is Hailie Deegan, and Toyota's primary investment is Baby Jesus.

Honestly, Chase doesn't have to be the most talented driver in the field, or considered the best. He is remarkably consistent, excels at every type of track, takes care of his stuff, and is always in the hunt. Byron and Logano are the same way.

Hendrick's going to be the dominant team for a few more seasons at least. Chevy is far and away the best manufacturer on track right now and Hendrick is by far the best team.

Ford's primary investment is Hailie Deegan, and Toyota's primary investment is Baby Jesus.
Logano is just better though,imo.

I can't see Chase winning 6-10 races this year though. His win totals have been doubled by Larson since 2021, and Chase already has 2 5 win seasons under his belt. I still think 2020 was his 6-10 win season. A lot of them just got away from him, but that was the best season of his career thus far.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I will say it is interesting when you stop and look at the effort and the resources HMS has poured into pairing these guys up with hotshot CC's. It has definitely paid off.

Poor ol' Elliott is stuck with that bozo Gustafson
Yup. He is. I think Elliott would still be better off with someone else.

Alan is great when things are clicking. But when pace is off, both of their attitudes kind of suck.

I think the 6-10 win season Andy talks about is going be when he ends up with someone else.

I still think Dave Rogers or Steve Addington would have been fantastic fits for Chase.

Bob Osbourne too.

Haha Dave Rodgers with Chase Elliott is kinda funny.

Adam Stevens with _______ would be entertaining.

LOL. No ****. I agree on Chase...Byron...and Joey.

Agreed on Hendrick, but upsets happen. I am looking forward to that because I think with the Next Gen, they are likely. Chevy looks good--in part--because they have the numbers, but at least some of that will change next year when WE add a team/teams....and Ford either figures their **** out or gets some help.

I think OUR primary investment is C Bell, honestly.

Adam is going nowhere. My guy.

Not sure I’m a fan of the JGR combos might need to give Stevens to the 19 & James Small on the 20.

I think Martin wants a better CC and should have a better team around him.

Not sure I’m a fan of the JGR combos might need to give Stevens to the 19 & James Small on the 20.

I think Martin wants a better CC and should have a better team around him.
Martin is on the edge of retirement, no way S Rod ends up with him, imo.

LOL. No ****. I agree on Chase...Byron...and Joey.

Agreed on Hendrick, but upsets happen. I am looking forward to that because I think with the Next Gen, they are likely. Chevy looks good--in part--because they have the numbers, but at least some of that will change next year when WE add a team/teams....and Ford either figures their **** out or gets some help.

I think OUR primary investment is C Bell, honestly.
Ford and Toyota will catch up. We saw it happen last year too. Chase ran away with the regular season and Ford/Logano, Toyota/Bell/Hamlin showed up when it mattered. Hell even Blaney was super strong there at the end.

Harvick is doing okay I think these narratives are ridiculous.
What? It's not a narrative, it's facts that we have.

Truex has expressed his uncertainty of returning next season. He hasn't decided if he's going to continue, right? Harvick, on the other hand, has had a CC who he has incredible rapport with for almost a decade.

Truex isn't getting a new CC imo.

What? It's not a narrative, it's facts that we have.

Truex has expressed his uncertainty of returning next season. He hasn't decided if he's going to continue, right? Harvick, on the other hand, has had a CC who he has incredible rapport with for almost a decade.

Truex isn't getting a new CC imo.

What what? The 4 literally won 2 races last year. The facts are that age is overrated in NASCAR.

What what? The 4 literally won 2 races last year. The facts are that age is overrated in NASCAR.
Again, what are you talking about? I'm not echoing the narrative you're challenging.

My reasoning for calling him near retirement has nothing to do with his age, and everything to do with what he said about returning. Truex told us he isn't sure if he's returning in 2024, IIRC. My comment had nothing to do with his age. Not sure how else to explain that :)

Damn I'm ready for Chase Elliott to come back
I haven’t really watched more than a few laps of the races he’s missed. Took all of my interest out, and frankly it hurts more seeing how good his teammates are performing.

William Byron was the first repeat winner last year too and looked like he was going to be in the final four, but couldn't put a full season together.

This year does seem different though.

It's gonna be a different story when Chase Elliott comes back though. I have a feeling he's gonna go on an ungodly tear and win 6-10 races.
I wish I shared your view. I’m worried it has derailed the whole season, waiver be damned and don’t know if he’ll recapture his mojo.

I don't agree....and I think that is in the process of changing...
Not joking here: is 23XI the TRD flagship in waiting? Coach isn’t getting any younger, and with the tragedy he’s been through who is there to take up the flag?

I haven’t really watched more than a few laps of the races he’s missed. Took all of my interest out, and frankly it hurts more seeing how good his teammates are performing.
Oh dude. Don't do that.

It's kind of fun to watch without vested interest.

The product yesterday was fantastic.

I wish I shared your view. I’m worried it has derailed the whole season, waiver be damned and don’t know if he’ll recapture his mojo.
He will, I think a bigger question is how far behind the team is. Obviously the gap from Berry to Chase is massive. How massive? Because he's not even close to the 24/5.

Berry isn't awesome, but is he that bad that he can't run in the top 13 with a dominant car?

I would think that even with Chase running, he wouldn't be dominating like the 24/5.

The fact is, the 9 team was missing speed on speedways, and faster tracks for the final 3rd of last season. I think he'd win, and the team would improve, but the 9 definitely doesnt have the raw pace the 24/5 do right now, and Chase not being there isn't helping that gap.

When he returns, and the he isn't competing with the 5/9, does that mean he lost his mojo?

Don't think so. It just means they're in a hole. All the team will have to do, at that point imo, is get their stuff ready for the final 10

Oh dude. Don't do that.

It's kind of fun to watch without vested interest.

The product yesterday was fantastic.

I find it more enjoyable watching races that pretty much everyone I used to pull for has retired. Now I just pull for a good race instead of getting frustrated when your driver is having a bad day.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

He will, I think a bigger question is how far behind the team is. Obviously the gap from Berry to Chase is massive. How massive? Because he's not even close to the 24/5.

Berry isn't awesome, but is he that bad that he can't run in the top 13 with a dominant car?

I would think that even with Chase running, he wouldn't be dominating like the 24/5.

The fact is, the 9 team was missing speed on speedways, and faster tracks for the final 3rd of last season. I think he'd win, and the team would improve, but the 9 definitely doesnt have the raw pace the 24/5 do right now, and Chase not being there isn't helping that gap.

When he returns, and the he isn't competing with the 5/9, does that mean he lost his mojo?

Don't think so. It just means they're in a hole. All the team will have to do, at that point imo, is get their stuff ready for the final 10

Looked pretty fast at Auto Club

Same. I watched all of COTA just because I'm a big JT fan. Otherwise I've just been checking in here and there.

Looked pretty fast at Auto Club
But not as fast as the 5, 1 and 8, you know?

They'll be fine and will be a contender for the championship. I think they won't be in form when he returns. They're missing him right now.

But Alan Gustafson!!!!!

Not joking here: is 23XI the TRD flagship in waiting? Coach isn’t getting any younger, and with the tragedy he’s been through who is there to take up the flag?
I do believe that this is a possibility. I think that when WE take on another team, I think there is a chance for informal realignment of sorts. Just my opinion.

But Alan Gustafson!!!!!
There's also that massive massive catastrophic horror. You're right.

His season is utterly ******.

But not as fast as the 5, 1 and 8, you know?

They'll be fine and will be a contender for the championship. I think they won't be in form when he returns. They're missing him right now.

He finished 2nd while driving right by the 1. Started 33rd. The 5 was laps down and getting passed by everyone. I'm confused. I'd say that's faster than everyone but the 8.

He finished 2nd while driving right by the 1. Started 33rd. The 5 was laps down and getting passed by everyone. I'm confused. I'd say that's faster than everyone but the 8.
At Autoclub the 5 was the fastest car once they got back on track. Out ran the 8 by about 4 seconds the final run, and routinely was the fastest car mid to late stage 2, through the checkered. Cliff confirmed that, and laptimes did as well. Larson waxed the field at Auto Club in pace, while running 15 laps down. Probably was the best he was all season, wasn't as good at Vegas, Richmond, Phoenix or Atlanta, but didn't get to show for it.

Regardless, I think my point is still sound. They're missing Chase right now, they were also missing just a bit of speed. Berry is good, but if the 9 was fast enough to compete for wins right now, I'd imagine Josh would be running a tik better. Maybe I'm just giving drivers credit, but I don't think the difference between a championship caliber vet and a solid caliber driver in the same winning car is 15 spots on track.

They'll absolutely get there. The organization is on point, and Chase is good enough. I just think it'll take a few months.

When's he due back?

Back
Top Bottom