WNBA

You hit it on the nose with Eric Wheeler. She is costing the Fever points with her play. This is still a young team though and hopefully things will sort out with who starts in the lineup. There is no reason that Caitlin shouldn't be both a great passer and a great scorer. There is no reason she has to be one or the other. Some of the players need to get better at providing some screens for her. I would love to see Mitchell drive to the basket and kick the ball back out to Clark.
The Wheeler stuff is baffling. She’s literally been the least efficient shooter of anyone who gets real minutes on the team. And she’s one of the highest-paid players in the league - living off of a reputation made several years ago, I suppose.

The Fever defense is, by far, the worst in the league as well. Hopefully a healthy Fagbenle helps rectify that. Lexie Hull getting more minutes would count a lot in that regard as well.

Clark needs to be taking 12-14 shots a game.

Man, the Sun had two good games in a row. Sun/Dream was really close throughout. The Dream went on a little run at the end, and it was a wrap after some free throws.

Not sure why Coach White took Dijonai out of the game in crunch time at the very end. They needed a 3, and she had been playing well and was 3 for 6 on threes in that game. She had just hit a bunch of big shots to give them the game against the Mystics the day before. I'm obviously no coach, but that decision was a real head-scratcher. Even one of the commentators said she would have kept Dijonai in. It didn't make any sense. Good game though, with good defense by both teams.

I might have to start following the Sun in addition to the Sky now that I'm getting more familiar with their roster and Dijonai has become one of my favorites. I like DeWanna Bonner, too. She reminds me of Latrell Sprewell with her slashing/streaky shooting style, and she's a great defender. She's fun to watch when she gets going. I like watching Alyssa Thomas's playmaking and quietly filling up the points, rebounds, and assists columns on the stat sheet, too.

Got a couple of games with our super rookies this afternoon that I'll have to check out later, Sky/Lynx and Mercury/Fever. At this point, the Lynx and Mercury are two of the few teams I haven't seen yet, and I'm looking forward to it. I like Napheesa Collier in 2K, and I can't wait to see ol' Diana Taurasi for the first time since probably the mid-2000s. I can't believe she's still even playing, let alone at such a high level.

This is drama.

Too bad CC couldn’t get that triple double. Angel Reese still leading ROTY race.
The triple-double definitely would’ve been nice. She showed once again that even with an off shooting night she can help lead the team to victory though. Her grabbing rebounds and being able to throw a dart in transition led to a lot of easy points.

Big road win after being down 15? at some point in the second half.

The triple-double definitely would’ve been nice. She showed once again that even with an off shooting night she can help lead the team to victory though. Her grabbing rebounds and being able to throw a dart in transition led to a lot of easy points.

Her passing is totally amazing. I can hardly believe some of her passes. Unbelievable. She does needs to get her shooting back on track. Good game to watch.

And the Fever beat a 500 team.

WHAT’S DIANA TAURASI GOT TO SAY ABOUT CAITLIN CLARK NOW?!?! 😭😭😭☠️
She was actually pretty graceful post-game. She was also chatting it up with CC during the extended review for the techs after the first half scuffle. And when they met at halfcourt for tip off you could tell CC was pretty starstruck.

She was actually pretty graceful post-game. She was also chatting it up with CC during the extended review for the techs after the first half scuffle. And when they met at halfcourt for tip off you could tell CC was pretty starstruck.

I am glad that Taurasi said some nice words about Caitlin. She goes up in my respect for her.

I watched the Sky/Lynx and Mercury/Fever games. Sky/Lynx was my kind of game. Good defense by both teams and some physicality, gritty but clean, and close throughout. The Lynx found another gear defensively in the last few minutes and got it done. I'm so happy for Angel Reese setting that single season double-double record, just barely, off that last free throw.

Shout-out to the Sky's Lindsay Allen, who played a very good game, scoring what I think was a career high 13 points (she's an unselfish, true point guard), and showed good leadership on the floor. Poor Diamond DeShields was having a rough game. She was hustling as usual but picked up a bunch of quick fouls and missed a layup in transition. You could see the lack of confidence written all over her face. They got another steal and went off in transition again, and Lindsay passed it right back to Diamond, who made the layup that time. 😊 👍

Honorable mention, Minnesota's Courtney Williams, who had a sweet little friendly moment with her former teammate Marina during the pre-game (Marina was mic'd up). Courtney's my kind of point guard - true - and made some nice passes. She was fun to watch.

As for the Mercury/Fever game, it was a great game with plenty of drama. It was awesome to see Diana Taurasi still tearing it up, which made me feel like I was back in college watching her like I used to, and I was impressed with Brittany Griner's skills. She's not just big, she can shoot really well from in close. Seeing her teammates hide behind her screens and shoot like the AI does in the 2K games cracked me up. :lol2:

Yeah, that's about where my praise of Phoenix ends. Oh, there was drama - and unnecessary drama, mostly on their part. One of the commentators said that Phoenix leads the league in technical fouls, and I was just like "yep, I can see why." I get that it's a competiton and the game had playoff vibes, but some of the stuff that went on was just ridiculous.

They got really lazy on D at one point, too. I can't stand it when teams, especially good teams, start coasting on the defensive end. I started out liking them, but by the time Katie Lou Samuelson picked up that flagrant foul from Natasha Cloud, I was over them and wanted Indiana to win. Glad they pulled it off.

Her passing is totally amazing. I can hardly believe some of her passes. Unbelievable. She does needs to get her shooting back on track. Good game to watch.

And the Fever beat a 500 team.
Oh yeah, true point guard mode was engaged. You guys understand why I get hyped seeing that? Yes, of course she can and should shoot, but that girl's passing is a thing of beauty. I dig it. I haven't seen her get visibly rattled yet, either, no matter what's happening on the court. I like that, too.

Back
Top Bottom