WNBA

She’s gritty and has an incredible motor. She’s looking like a steal at pick #7 so far.

I thought it was insane she didn’t go #2 or #3.

Angel Reese is the best rookie right now. She’s having a historically great season, better than Caitlin is. Her stats today alone should cement her for ROTY.

I thought it was insane she didn’t go #2 or #3.

Angel Reese is the best rookie right now. She’s having a historically great season, better than Caitlin is. Her stats today alone should cement her for ROTY.
They are 1A and 1B I think. Still over half the season to go so it’ll be an interesting battle. I definitely don’t see anyone else challenging them though.

I’d actually like to see them play together in the All-Star Game (Olympic roster vs. rest of the league) next month. That would be box office.

They are 1A and 1B I think. Still over half the season to go so it’ll be an interesting battle. I definitely don’t see anyone else challenging them though.

I’d actually like to see them play together in the All-Star Game (Olympic roster vs. rest of the league) next month. That would be box office.
Brink was up there with Clark and Reese until the injury.

First returns on All-Star Game voting:

1718998060686.png

First returns on All-Star Game voting:

View attachment 78991
There is a lot of talent in the list and all are good. However, popularity appears to be getting a lot of votes in the popularity vs talent category in some cases.

Here is a statistic for Caitlin Clark fans:
Fun fact:Caitlin Clark has made more shots from 25+ feet (29, 33.3%) than Angel Reese has from 4+ feet (13, 25.5%)

All right, you win, muggle. The party's up here, and I'm more into this league now than I've ever been, so here I am.

I wanted to see how a team on the top half of the WNBA is living, so I got my first look at the Liberty and watched the replay of their game against the Sparks from last night. Both teams were technically shorthanded, although the Liberty have an all-star roster, so it didn't really matter. Credit to the Sparks, who hung tough and made a game out of it until the very end, when the Liberty finally pulled away.

Of course Sabrina Ionescu is great and had a great game to match, but wow, Jonquel Jones is incredible, a big who can pretty much do anything. Her passing in particular was so much fun to watch, as was the chemistry between her and Ionescu. She apparently gets herself into foul trouble a lot, though. She picked a bunch of quick ones right at the end and fouled out after putting in an excellent performance otherwise. SMH. It's so unfair that she and Breanna Stewart are on the same team, though. :lol2:

I was also really impressed by Leonie Fiebich, a solid, smart, versatile reserve who started since Courtney Vandersloot was out due to her mother passing away from cancer. Leonie hustled and did all the little things really well, which is apparently what she does. Shout-out to Ivana Dojkic, another reserve, as well. The Sparks kept leaving her wide open at the 3 point line, and she made them pay for it.

She’s gritty and has an incredible motor. She’s looking like a steal at pick #7 so far.
Like I alluded to elsewhere, my girl Marina Mabrey, Angel Reese, and the Sky have been such a joy for me to watch. I don't even care that they have a losing record. They are all hustle, grit, and passion, just like Coach Spoon when she was playing. That's my squad, dude. ^_^

i-love-them-all-shea-whitney.gif

There is a lot of talent in the list and all are good. However, popularity appears to be getting a lot of votes in the popularity vs talent category in some cases.

Here is a statistic for Caitlin Clark fans:
Fun fact:Caitlin Clark has made more shots from 25+ feet (29, 33.3%) than Angel Reese has from 4+ feet (13, 25.5%)
If the fan vote is still 50% like it was last year, per Andy’s link, then yeah, they’re gonna get whooped by the Olympians. Will be good to see some rooks play together though and see how they match up against the veterans.

If the fan vote is still 50% like it was last year, per Andy’s link, then yeah, they’re gonna get whooped by the Olympians. Will be good to see some rooks play together though and see how they match up against the veterans.

It’ll be good experience for Caitlin, Angel, Kate and the others though. I wish Cam Brink got to play.

Also gonna be cool to see Caitlin and Angel as teammates. I don’t think they hate each other, I just think Angel knows how to play it up.

It’ll be good experience for Caitlin, Angel, Kate and the others though. I wish Cam Brink got to play.

Also gonna be cool to see Caitlin and Angel as teammates. I don’t think they hate each other, I just think Angel knows how to play it up.
Some of these youngsters are likely gonna be together on the 2028 squad and beyond, so it’ll be good experience for them for sure. I also don’t think Reese and Clark have played together at all. CC, Brink, Boston, Van Lith, and Bueckers were all on the U19 World Cup squad together a few years ago, for instance. That’ll be a cool dynamic.

Even several players from the bench played well "statistically" as i couldn't watch the game..

i may break down and get League Pass.
If you're into the WNBA, do it. Their League Pass is a steal at the current price. I love being able to watching the games on demand in the WNBA app, with no commercials, when it's convenient for me. You can even hide the scores in the app if you want to avoid spoilers.

If you're into the WNBA, do it. Their League Pass is a steal at the current price. I love being able to watching the games on demand in the WNBA app, with no commercials, when it's convenient for me. You can even hide the scores in the app if you want to avoid spoilers.

I got it through YouTube, it’s great.

Connecticut and Las Vegas next up in a high stakes showdown on ION.
I'll check that one out tomorrow on demand. One of my all-time favorites, Becky Hammon, is the Aces' coach. I've liked the Aces in some of the recent 2K games but have never watched them play in real life. Looking forward to seeing A'ja Wilson and Kelsey Plum.

I'll check that one out tomorrow on demand. One of my all-time favorites, Becky Hammon, is the Aces' coach. I've liked the Aces in some of the recent 2K games but have never watched them play in real life. Looking forward to seeing A'ja Wilson and Kelsey Plum.

I keep forgetting the ION games are on League Pass.

I keep forgetting the ION games are on League Pass.
Are they actually available live? I know the ones on the bigger networks like CBS are blocked on League Pass until they're completed and are then available on demand, which works for me. All action, no delays.

Won’t happen, but I wish the NBA would make some serious cuts to the schedule length. The W and college ball are so much easier to stay engaged with night in and night out over a full season. And you don’t end up with half the stars in a hospital unit during the playoffs.

I am looking at getting it through Amazon prime.

The fever's next 5 games though are available on ESPN, Prime, or CBS. My timing isn't very good. :)

I am looking at getting it through Amazon prime.

The fever's next 5 games though are available on ESPN, Prime, or CBS. My timing isn't very good. :)
I might watch every game on-demand after it airs live moving forward. Like I said earlier, it's really nice to be able to just see the action in an hour and a half or so without delays or commercials breaking it up.

If I do it that way, I'll obviously just have to be careful about reading this thread when the games I plan to watch later are happening. Speaking of which, I'll be careful not to scroll up since I've only seen the first quarter of last night's Sun/Aces game (even though I already know who won).

I'm all in with this league. I picked up some official Mabrey and Reese swag (just a couple of t-shirts - I think my jersey wearing days are over) from the Sky store and another shirt with the picture from my new avatar in it...LOL. Sports are fleeting by nature, and I'm gonna enjoy this team while I can.

Just watched that Aces/Sun game, which was better than the score would have you believe. A'ja Wilson and Kelsey Plum definitely didn't disappoint.

I see why A'ja leads the All-Star voting. She's a phenomenal two-way big who you can't stop and can only hope to contain. Even the Sun's stout front line couldn't contain her. Meanwhile, Kelsey's just a dynamo, an athletic sharpshooter, an offensive powder keg just waiting to go off at any time. I already knew these things having used the Aces in the recent 2K games, but it was pretty cool to see it all manifest in real life.

Speaking of that Sun front line, Alyssa Thomas's passing was fun to watch. Unfortunately for them, DeWanna Bonner, who the 2K commentators have told me can be streaky at times, just couldn't get it going at all. I think she was the missing piece that they needed.

On the positive side for the Sun, the adorable Dijonai Carrington had a tough first half but came alive in the second, especially in the third quarter, and tried her best to keep the Sun in the game. They got it down to the high single digits at one point but couldn't get any closer. I'll have to watch out for her moving forward. Apparently she's starting now after having come off the bench for a while, and she's been stepping up. You love to see it.

As for the reserves, shout-out to Megan Gustafson, one of the Aces' bigs. I saw that girl hustlin' and bringin' the energy every minute she was on the floor and appreciated it. I was proud of her. Honorable mention, the veteran and multi-time WNBA champion, the Aces' Alysha Clark. She just came in and did what she does when I use her in the 2K games, 3 and D. She picked up a few fouls and had to sit at one point, but other than that, she had a good game.

Angel Reese has had her best game yet, by far. Making tough buckets and grabbing tough boards in key spots. The momentum of this game changed completely when Smith gave her the ‘too small’.

Another double double by Reese who was, by far, the best player on the court today.

There’s no way she doesn’t win Rookie of the Year. She is the Double Double Queen.

It’s a shame that the media turned all of this into a race war because it’s a fun rivalry.

As I said on draft night, Chicago won the draft. They got a slam dunk with Cardoso and Reese.

Angel Reese is who everyone hoped Caitlin Clark would be.

What? They’re entirely different players who play entirely different games.

It’s a shame that the media turned all of this into a race war because it’s a fun rivalry.

As I said on draft night, Chicago won the draft. They got a slam dunk with Cardoso and Reese.
This was the most enjoyable matchup yet for me by far. No bull**** between the CC/Reese fan bases, they both played phenomenally well. This game was more about Reese putting NaLyssa Smith in a blender in the 4th quarter.

It’s a shame these two teams don’t play again for over two months.

Back
Top Bottom