WNBA

Winless no more. And make no mistake, Caitlin Clark won that game for Indiana.
She definitely clinched it but the supporting cast was really clutch tonight. This was Boston’s best game yet and Fagbenle was really freaking good again too. Big team win tonight.

Clark did not shoot particularly well at all until the final few minutes but she continued to prove she can affect the game in a lot of other dimensions. Rebounding, passing…and for all the warranted concerns about her on-ball defense, she has really good passing lane intelligence and picked off several passes for steals.

She definitely clinched it but the supporting cast was really clutch tonight. This was Boston’s best game yet and Fagbenle was really freaking good again too. Big team win tonight.

Clark did not shoot particularly well at all until the final few minutes but she continued to prove she can affect the game in a lot of other dimensions. Rebounding, passing…and for all the warranted concerns about her on-ball defense, she has really good passing lane intelligence and picked off several passes for steals.
Double double and eight rebounds.

You can clamp her shooting and she still gonna find ways to make the offense go.

Angel Reese is in her fourth game as a pro and she’s already getting into the heads of veterans. She’s smart and tough.

These Sky jerseys are pretty insane.

Angel Reese is in her fourth game as a pro and she’s already getting into the heads of veterans. She’s smart and tough.

These Sky jerseys are pretty insane.
Connecticut a very dirty team. That’s the team I’ve complained about the most with blatant fouls and getting away with them.

Connecticut a very dirty team. That’s the team I’ve complained about the most with blatant fouls and getting away with them.
I was surprised how much Reese brushed it off in the press conference really. That’s not some veteran tough love sh!t, girl, you got thrown to the floor by your throat. That ejection was deserved. She’s tough, but damn.

Caitlin gotta stop doing this. I understand her frustration, especially since a good chunk of the fouls against her that aren't called go beyond the scope of "Welcome to the W, rook."

That said, the mere inference that Clark's somehow distracted or more interested in arguing with refs when she put up 30 points, six assists, five rebounds, three steals and three blocked shots is comical.

Christy Sides is in over her head. She once again pulled Clark out of the game late. Indiana's best chance of winning is to have Caitlin Clark on the court. And she's got to quit trying to control Caitlin Clark when you've got Kelsey Mitchell out there. If there is any single player that is costing Indiana, it's Mitchell. Total ball hog. She's rather miss several shots in a row than pass to Clark.

Fagbenle is out for 2-3 weeks, at least, with an injury. Fever are getting killed by the Storm right now and the prognosis for the immediate future isn’t good either.

Also, I see there was more crap officiating.

Some of these defenders are playing backyard goon ball against Clark. And the top player in the league has made borderline racist statements toward her.

Do these officials realize what happens if someone takes a cheap shot that knocks Clark out for the year? I mean, I know a good chunk of the media and fanbase thinks Angel Reese is the face of women's basketball, but they'd actually get to test that theory. And the millions of new fans that have come into the league aren't sticking around for Angel Reese.

Also, I see there was more crap officiating.

Some of these defenders are playing backyard goon ball against Clark. And the top player in the league has made borderline racist statements toward her.

Do these officials realize what happens if someone takes a cheap shot that knocks Clark out for the year? I mean, I know a good chunk of the media and fanbase thinks Angel Reese is the face of women's basketball, but they'd actually get to test that theory. And the millions of new fans that have come into the league aren't sticking around for Angel Reese.
I’m glad Sides finally flipped her **** and went to bat for her star for once. Allowing 90’s ball/prison ball is one thing, but being wildly inconsistent is another. You can’t let one team get manhandled and then call touch fouls on the other end. It’s a mess. Really weird shenanigans going on.

And I’m glad even the commentators were going after the officiating last night too. It’s actively detrimental to what could be accomplished here.

I’m glad Sides finally flipped her **** and went to bat for her star for once. Allowing 90’s ball/prison ball is one thing, but being wildly inconsistent is another. You can’t let one team get manhandled and then call touch fouls on the other end. It’s a mess. Really weird shenanigans going on.

And I’m glad even the commentators were going after the officiating last night too. It’s actively detrimental to what could be accomplished here.

I keep saying it, I think the officials are biased against Caitlin Clark because they're afraid of being seen as biased toward her. Combine that with the very obvious racial tensions going on.

The technical foul on Clark was BS. How many times are they going to let someone take cheap shots on her, then penalize her for wanting a flag or for ... "staring down" a defender?

They've taken some nasty cheap shots at Angel Reese too, but the league actually penalizes those. It's easy to say "Reese has better sportsmanship because she doesn't get mad about calls" when she actually gets calls.

Kamilla Cardoso available and ready to make her debut for the Sky today. Can only imagine what the discourse will be like if they blow out the shorthanded Fever.

It’s clear that they want her out of the league and it’s clear why. I don’t think they should just not play hard against her, but this is way beyond rookie hazing. These girls want blood and don’t even realize what Clark has done for them.

I’m quickly losing interest because we are probably four or five games away from Clark being suspended for getting mad about these cheap shots, or being injured when one of these players delivers a season ending cheap shot.

The WNBA better get control. Because people aren’t watching in record numbers to see their favorite player get hurt in some backyard thug ball. And people won’t stick around much longer.

Also, the people who want Caitlin out and think it’s bad she’s white and white people are watching better look up population statistics and economic statistics. Younger, suburban white women are one of the most valued demographics in TV.

Back
Top Bottom